Received HSD v3 Navy Turbine Super Viper - RC Groups
Dec 21, 2016, 11:40 PM
Video

Received HSD v3 Navy Turbine Super Viper

Ordered from Pacific Jets had it shipped from China. Got it real fast. All I can say is WOW, they have really done a nice job upgrading it. It now has a smoke system, completely plumed even includes the smoke pump. The red led light ring on the tail pipe is really bright. it also has better landing gear, stiffer wings, looks dang cool. Cheers to Pacific Jets for the fast service and taking the time to help a neb to the turbine world. will post pics soon.

Mark
HSD Turbine Navy Super Viper, Disclaimer has a couple bad words (5 min 41 sec)

Just received my new wing bag and fuel can.
Last edited by fly baby; Dec 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2016, 12:03 PM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
Looks great, Is the white just the foam color or did they paint those areas white?
Dec 22, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Looks great, Is the white just the foam color or did they paint those areas white?
It looks like it was painted. The inside is plain white foam and looks different.
Dec 28, 2016, 07:19 PM
Back Roads Outlaws
Looks like it flies just like the 105mm on landing but with more power to spare.
Dec 28, 2016, 11:40 PM
rrg
rrg
Nice looking bird. Lov that sound....
Dec 29, 2016, 06:46 AM
2018 EDF Jet Jam June 14-17
From the video it appears you're flying in a residential area with the turbine ??
Dec 29, 2016, 09:20 AM
DominicM
Good to hear it's got a smoke system in it as standard.

Just to add, think you should turn on the OIS on your camcorder.
Dec 29, 2016, 03:50 PM
Danger! Danger!
What's your all up dry weight?
Dec 29, 2016, 06:12 PM
Quote:
From the video it appears you're flying in a residential area with the turbine ??
I was just thinking the same thing. No Waiver? No AMA?
Dec 29, 2016, 06:34 PM
Danger! Danger!
Quote:
Looks like private farm land to me. In which case neither a waiver nor even AMA is needed. Can't even tell for surety if this is in the U.S. so AMA may not even apply.

I have a friend who flies off private land and I've flown there too. Kind of nice; but too rough for some planes.
Dec 29, 2016, 06:54 PM
men i am just pulling the trigger on this, can you plz tell me if the send the turbine installed? what reciever you are using? its the version v3? do you take this plane to the max power? tell me i really need your coments, this will be my first turbine jet ever. thanks
Dec 30, 2016, 12:31 AM
Quote:
No it isn't residential. I'm flying out of a hay pasture in Texas. We have been flying there for years. Yes I do have AMA, no waiver and don't plan on ever getting one. Very happy with the hay field.
Dec 30, 2016, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oukenfold
men i am just pulling the trigger on this, can you plz tell me if the send the turbine installed? what reciever you are using? its the version v3? do you take this plane to the max power? tell me i really need your coments, this will be my first turbine jet ever. thanks
You have to install the turbine, not hard at all. I know that heads will roll over this answer, I'm flying this plane with a Hobby King orange 8 channel receiver with dual whip antennas with my 9x transmitter. I trust these receivers more than anything else out there. Max power is great, flies like it is on rails. You couldn't pick a better first turbine. This plane is such a great flying platform, no bad habbits what so ever.
Dec 30, 2016, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertlakesflyin
Looks like it flies just like the 105mm on landing but with more power to spare.
I read somewhere if you go turbine you never go back. Couldn't be more true.
Dec 30, 2016, 11:04 PM
Hey Fly, can you show us a pic of your internal setup. Where did you place your batteries to achieve the proper CG?