Dec 21, 2016, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
Question

Solarfilm Litespan source in U-S?

I recently bought a stash of Litespan from an estate and used some for the first time. What great stuff! Light as Japanese Tissue, strong as silk. Then I discovered that no one sells it in the U-S anymore. Do I have to order it direct from the U.K.? Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2016, 06:31 PM
Coverlite tissue is indistinguishable from Litespan. I've mixed both, with absolutely no problems.

BTW, Mod Podge works just fine as a substitute for the 'official' glue.

CD
Dec 21, 2016, 11:31 PM
Neophyte hacker
Ditto. Also called Polyester Tissue.

I use Peter Rake's technique. Thinned white glue brushed on the back, let dry. Then iron on like any film covering.

I love the stuff.

charlie
Dec 22, 2016, 08:44 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info and for the tips! I'm starting to suspect that Coverlite could be re-branded Litespan. However it's branded, It's great stuff. Light, strong, and user friendly.
Dec 24, 2016, 08:16 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
This company has a few colors, here is the blue:

http://www.faimodelsupply.com/produc...20-30grsq-mtr/
Latest blog entry: Single Channel Case
Dec 24, 2016, 09:41 PM
Neophyte hacker
Yep, I use Coverlite all the time.
Dec 25, 2016, 01:19 AM
supreme being of leisure
the coverlite IS rebranded litespan....all of the coverite line are rebranded solarfilm products.

the ultracote line are rebranded oracover products from germany....same company that makes iron-on pre-painted fabric for full scale planes.

pretty sure that the only film on the american market that was actually american made was monokote and who knows where that comes from today.
Last edited by ZAGNUT; Dec 25, 2016 at 01:26 AM.
Dec 25, 2016, 07:07 AM
ARFs Are Me
There are differences inn 21st Century Fabric and Solartex. I don't believe that Coverite's 21st Century Fabric is a Solarfilm product.

Quick Reply