Dec 20, 2016, 03:14 PM
New Product

CraftQUADS - LoFlo Freestyle Frame

Introducing the LoFlo Freestyle Frame from www.CraftQuads.com Finely crafted | Premium quality multirotor frames

**Please sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of the web page to receive updates on availability, information and new product releases. This will also give me a good idea of interest for forecasting production.

***12/20/16 I will be releasing my design notes on my blog at https://www.craftquads.com/blogs/design-notes in the next day along with more photos.

I have a small batch of frames that I will be selling at $100 each for the first lucky few. I will be working closely with these customers to get feedback on the build process and quality. If you're interested, please fill out the contact us form on the website.

All CraftQuads are designed by pilot nodeva. Inspiration was drawn from many previously designed frames to make the ultimate freestyle machine.
I will be releasing my design notes on my blog at www.craftquads.com in the next few days.

This particular frame idea came about post US Drone Nationals 2016. At the time, Ide been racing across the country for the past year and had recently run into several technical issues from the last few races that put a sour taste in my mouth. What I came to realize is that I needed to get back to my roots and enjoy FPV for what it is, designing, building and flying.

I am extremely excited to see how the community reacts to this design.

Features an X layout configuration; MTM 236mm; integrated GoPro Hero4 mount, top mounted battery for optimal CG on all three axis; replaceable 4mm arms and plates; structurally integrated 4 oz. copper power distribution board with 5v and 12v regulators; high quality US made carbon; titanium screw hardware; minimal electronics; rubber o-rings and nylon nuts for soft mounting the flight controller.

Last edited by nodeva; Jan 19, 2017 at 12:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2016, 03:15 PM

Reserved

Kit contents:

Complete frame weight: 126g (includes all hardware)

MTM: 236mm

Prop size: 5

Kit contents:

Carbon

[4] 4.2mm arms
[1] 2.2mm base plate
[2] 2.2mm side plates
[1] 2.2mm front clamp
[1] 2.2mm rear clamp
[1] 1.5mm top plate

PDB

4 oz copper - 1.6mm Matte Black PCB
12V 1A linear regulator
5V 1A linear regulator
Black XT60

Fasteners

[4] M3x18mm titanium button screws
[3] M3x16mm titanium button screws
[4] M3x12mm titanium button screws
[30] M3x8mm titanium button screws
[3] M3x28mm aluminum standoffs
[3] M3x16mm aluminum standoffs
[8] M3 aluminum nylon nuts
[4] M3 nylon nuts
[4] M3 rubber o-rings

Recommended electronics:

HS1177 FPV camera
Kiss FC
Kiss 24A escs
Hawkeye 200mw VTX or TBS Unify Pro HV Race
Frsky X4R-SB or XSR
Stubby TBS Triumph antenna
Last edited by nodeva; Dec 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Dec 20, 2016, 07:13 PM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
looks great man, I think its a great idea to make the body lower like that, especially since I started using these aio flight controllers which leave a huge gap in the frame. and top mount battery is always a plus in my book: faster/easier battery changes.
Dec 20, 2016, 07:51 PM
very interested in this frame and would love to build an thrash it and give you my thoughts. do you plan on offering a carbon fiber plate instead of the pdb so if we want we have the choice of pdb. And you can send me a pm about purchasing. Ill buy one right now.

Tom
Dec 20, 2016, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0 View Post
looks great man, I think its a great idea to make the body lower like that, especially since I started using these aio flight controllers which leave a huge gap in the frame. and top mount battery is always a plus in my book: faster/easier battery changes.
With the release of the kiss aio...I might ditch the pdb completely to get the price down. Will be lighter too.
Dec 21, 2016, 05:44 AM
The only vtx antenna mounting option is this zip-tie fiddling?
Dec 21, 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enurian View Post
The only vtx antenna mounting option is this zip-tie fiddling?
Nope, only did that to get some photos up. 3D printed parts will follow in the coming days. Here is a vtx mount for flange style connector that comes with the TBS vtxs. I can come up with some others as well. Take a look and let me know what you think. Will mount at a small angle and zip ties will still be used to secure it within the mount. For an antenna, I would rather break a few zip ties instead of rigidly mounting and breaking an antenna or connector.
Dec 21, 2016, 04:54 PM
Can't wait to get mine up & running.. parts are waiting

-redpoint
Dec 22, 2016, 06:35 PM
I am DIGGIN this frame! Only thing is I also REALLY like the kombini/passado set up, it doesn't look like it'll fit. Although if the passado won't fit, a tbs unify would be good too. The piko blx/innova vtx setup is a 14.8mm tall stack so I'd imagine the kombini/passado stack would be at least 15mm if not even 16 or 17mm tall. How much space is there between the top plate and the bottom plate, that is if there is a carbon plate do go in place of the PDB....?
Dec 23, 2016, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Theodin88 View Post
I am DIGGIN this frame! Only thing is I also REALLY like the kombini/passado set up, it doesn't look like it'll fit. Although if the passado won't fit, a tbs unify would be good too. The piko blx/innova vtx setup is a 14.8mm tall stack so I'd imagine the kombini/passado stack would be at least 15mm if not even 16 or 17mm tall. How much space is there between the top plate and the bottom plate, that is if there is a carbon plate do go in place of the PDB....?
16mm standoff s between the top and bottom plates. From the PDB to the top plate is about 10mm. As of now, the PDB is staying
Dec 23, 2016, 06:08 PM
What's the dimensions of the PDB and its mounting holes?
Dec 27, 2016, 09:04 PM
ohhh I like that! I've been saying for a while that someone should design a frame like that.
Dec 28, 2016, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Theodin88 View Post
What's the dimensions of the PDB and its mounting holes?
Its about 59x54mm. Standard 30.5x30.5 FC mounting holes. The additional holes are spaced 10mm from the FC holes
Dec 28, 2016, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the dimensions, I'm seriously considering this frame for my quad build come tax time. It's this or a QAV-R, still like the speed addict super light and the skitzo frame too but this one is top of the list. Get the PDB replaced with some carbon if I can find someone to cut me a piece or use something else and use the kombini with passado, lightest ESCs on the market(yet to decide on them though) and the skitzo ceramic bearing motors. That'd be a sweet build.
Dec 30, 2016, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeva View Post
Nope, only did that to get some photos up. 3D printed parts will follow in the coming days. Here is a vtx mount for flange style connector that comes with the TBS vtxs. I can come up with some others as well. Take a look and let me know what you think. Will mount at a small angle and zip ties will still be used to secure it within the mount. For an antenna, I would rather break a few zip ties instead of rigidly mounting and breaking an antenna or connector.
Not sure what anyone has against zip ties. Original pic looks totally robust! Love it! Good luck beating that for durability, lightness, and replaceability.