Jan 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

12 volt auto charging

I bought this charger and I was wondering what the 12v dc input connectors on the side are called. Since they didn't supply them in the box.

I want to utilize this charger to charge 6000mah 6s batteries in the field. If connecting to a car battery would you run a fuse between the battery and the charger? How big of a fuse would you use? What Gauge of wire would you recommend?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2018, 11:17 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
A few questions for you, 46Chief:

How fast do you plan to charge your 6s6000mah battery packs?
IMO this is the wrong charger for you....

This charger can be great with smaller packs, but you are going to have some LONG charge times compared to other, far more economical options... Personally, I buy great batteries that are capable of 5c or greater charge ratings (5x faster than at 1c), and put them on a good charger.

Are you still within your return period? I would take this back in a split second- not because it is a bad charger, but it is not a good choice for someone charging multiple 6s6000 batteries.

Check out the ThunderPower 820; these go on sale for $100 a piece and are much more capable for big batteries. Pair it with a RLPower supply for $79 and you have a charging station capable of pumping out 20a on each port.
Jan 19, 2018, 11:49 AM
Vapor, If I can get a pair charged in an 1-1.5hrs that would be fine with me. I don't mind rotating 3 or four battery packs to keep my aircraft in the air for a 5 hour period I get 45 minute flight times so I use a battery pair every 50 mins. unfortunately I've had this charger for a while so I have to make it work. Now I just have to devise a safe cabling and power method for a field vehicle. I would like to power it off the vehicles battery so attach cable with ring terminals through a fuseblock then to the charger. I will also install a second battery in the near future.

I figured out the accessory PN for 12v input, but it appears to be 14g wire and I don't want alligator clips. so I want to build my own cable. I am guessing after a bunch of googling these are Anderson power pole connectors. what I haven't figured out if they are male / female or go both ways and what size they are.
Last edited by 46Chief; Jan 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
Jan 19, 2018, 11:58 AM
ARACE UAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
These are actually not quite the same. The less expensive one has fewer connectors provided. (No EC3, XT60, Deans, etc. leads ...) The more expensive one doesn't have input leads with alligator clips.
Yes, I saw that. I meant the machine. Not the accessories.
Latest blog entry: longrangeFPV.com
Jan 26, 2018, 12:43 PM
Tried amazon and ordered the DC power cord, I thought I pulled the PN from the mfg site link., turns out the Anderson Power Pole connecters are too small. for the money they should of included this cable, and more than one Deans connecter.
Jul 03, 2018, 10:48 AM
Is this charger easy to program/ set up? My Hitec X4 is very confusing for me to program. I have a Graupner Polaron that is very easy to program.

Quick Reply