This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 19, 2016, 03:39 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

DIY radio kit actually works!

The little AM/FM pocket radio kit from Banggood.com continues to work beautifully. Since my grandson and I completed the build, all I've had to do was to remove the back to solder a battery lead which had worked loose from a battery terminal.

It proved difficult to get the stations to line up with the dial, but I got it fairly close. Sound quality is a bit tinny given the size and depth of the speaker, but it's remarkably clear thanks to its Mylar cone and very loud. Here's a radio running on two AA-cells with a speaker driven by a transistor instead of an output transformer and it cranks!

AM selectivity could be better, but it picks up the local stations just fine, especially since I live in an area that isn't too RF friendly. Still, this is about the most fun you can have for all of $6.62 with free shipping. It's available here and I have to thank Banggood for honoring my request for one of these kits.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jan 11, 2017 at 09:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply