Dec 19, 2016, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Naza M V2 mode problem

I've got a funky issue going on with my Naza M V2.

I have a transmitter switch set to change flight modes. In the Naza Assistant, it works perfectly. Down is Manual, middle is Attitude Mode, and up is GPS mode. It changes mode as expected on the screen.

But when I fly it, it doesn't change modes. Regardless of the position the switch is in, the quad stays in Manual mode.

Any ideas? If I can't get this thing to fly in Attitude or GPS mode, I may as well drop in an old Naze32.

EDITED: It's actually a Naza M Lite flashed to V2.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2016, 03:26 AM
Have you calibrated the GPS?
Are you getting satellites locked on?
Dec 20, 2016, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowolfol
Have you calibrated the GPS?
Are you getting satellites locked on?
Yes to both. But it won't even switch to attitude mode.
Dec 20, 2016, 12:59 PM
The QuadFather
Do you have it set up as S-BUS or standard ?
Dec 20, 2016, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Do you have it set up as S-BUS or standard ?
It's actually set up for PPM if I recall correctly. The controls all work fine in the Assistant. Moving the mode lever changes it from Manual to Attitude to GPS and back. And it actually flies fine in manual mode but won't switch out of it.
Dec 20, 2016, 01:34 PM
The QuadFather
I'm going to take it that youve flown this for some time then suddenly have this issue?. If so, I would try going back down to lite, then reinstalling V2.
Dec 20, 2016, 01:36 PM
Thread OP
No, this is the first time flying it. It's a used FC that I just installed on a F450 frame.
Dec 20, 2016, 02:38 PM
MA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by krachall
It's actually set up for PPM if I recall correctly. The controls all work fine in the Assistant. Moving the mode lever changes it from Manual to Attitude to GPS and back. And it actually flies fine in manual mode but won't switch out of it.
So when you come back to Assistant after disconnecting FC, the mode configuration you set up is still there? In other words, it was saved correctly to the Naza? Have you tried (just for kicks) changing the order of the modes to see what happens? In other words, if you change "Down" to GPS, does the FC end up stuck in GPS mode in flight?

Also, what is the pattern of LED flashes do you get while flying? Does the LED pattern change when you move your mode switch?
Dec 20, 2016, 02:44 PM
The QuadFather
Also, make sure your correctly setup in asssistant, on the "home" page I believe, there is buttons for "traditional", "pwm(?)" and "S-Bus". Make sure your in the right one. If you have each wire from RX to each channel in NAZA, it should be traditional.
Dec 20, 2016, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Also, make sure your correctly setup in asssistant, on the "home" page I believe, there is buttons for "traditional", "pwm(?)" and "S-Bus". Make sure your in the right one. If you have each wire from RX to each channel in NAZA, it should be traditional.
Thanks. It's set up correctly with a servo lead connect the PPM signal from the receiver to the X2 pin on the Naza. PPM is set on the assistant ("traditional" is PWM, I have it set to PPM)

Again, it switches modes perfectly in the assistant. It just doesn't actually change the way the quad flies.
Dec 20, 2016, 06:26 PM
The QuadFather
OK, stupid question. Just trying to knock out all the things I can think of. I take it you have the GPS module with this, correct? If so, is it in the right slot, and not interchanged with the LED ( I have done this myself, in case your wondering!)? What brand RX are you using with this? What is the LED doing when Its hooked up to assistant? It should be a dim green constant. What is it doing when its flying? what type of blinking colour? Also, in the assistant, when you change modes, is the mode selected turn blue or remain grey?
Feb 17, 2017, 11:03 AM

How many channels is your RX?

Cut from another page.

you’re using a Graupner remote, normally you would use the digital humming signal and only connect one cable to the X2 connector of the NAZA but here’s the tricky part: if your receiver has less then 7 channels you can not use the PPM signal properly due to the fact that one of the 3 way switches controlling the manual / ATTI / ATTI GPS flight mechanics is always mapped to digital channel 7 which is not accessible with only 6 channels.
Sep 26, 2017, 01:27 PM
Little help just started messing with a Naza Lite have it upgraded to the MV2 everything functions correctly except my 3 position mode switch top is GPS mid is Atti bottom is RTH! The issue I can hit the GPS and Failsafe slots in the software with my TX already sub trimmed the switch but cannot get it to middle slot atti while in software ! Thinking one of my switches could be bad I reassigned to next 3 mode switch on the Futaba 14sg Same thing I'm really lost on this one ! I also fly a S900 with Naza MV2 I powered up the S900 to verify it was functioning and it did so this eliminates the TX as being bad !
Latest blog entry: Parrot Disco
Sep 28, 2017, 10:36 PM
I use my sub-trim to line up ATTI, then use my end point trims to line up GPS and MANUAL. FAILSAFE is setup on another switch mixed to the first switch.

What TX you using ? Edit; never mind.
Sep 30, 2017, 02:52 PM

got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by William A
I use my sub-trim to line up ATTI, then use my end point trims to line up GPS and MANUAL. FAILSAFE is setup on another switch mixed to the first switch.

What TX you using ? Edit; never mind.
William thanks for response that's exactly what I did I forgot about the endpoints
Latest blog entry: Parrot Disco

Quick Reply