RCG Place of the Month - Orlando Buzzards - RC Groups

RCG Place of the Month - Orlando Buzzards

This month's featured Place is the in Orlando Buzzards in Oviedo, Florida. This is a soaring club, but you'll also find electric powered models being flown from time to time...

Splash

RCGroups December Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks, and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is the Orlando Buzzards in Oviedo, Florida. This is a soaring club, but you'll also find electric powered models being flown from time to time. These guys fly for sport as well as competitively with models of all sizes. The Buzzards started in 1974 and are the largest soaring club in Florida. They are also a part of the Florida Soaring Society (FSS) and participate in the LSF. The first event of 2017 is coming up on January 21-22 in Christmas, FL.

Check out the Orlando Buzzards Places page here.

Dec 19, 2016, 07:20 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
The Buzzards are a great club!

They're one of supporting members of the Florida Soaring Society. Check-out the FSS website for the contest schedule. Come out and soar with the friendliest people around!

(That's fat ol' me on the end)
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Jan 01, 2017, 07:11 PM
They took time, set me up ( reprogrammed my radio plane and charged my flight batteries) right there at the field and got me going in DLG. They were all flying and stopped and took time and got me flying in two hours right there REALLY GREAT CLUB!Made by its great members. Congratulations Orlando Buzzards
Jan 03, 2017, 10:17 AM
RCG Staff
That's awesome! Welcome to the DLG club.
Jan 03, 2017, 08:39 PM
This is great!

Thanks for sharing. I might stop by on my way to Gainesville, Fl. to fly my glider, when visiting my kids at UF, (if they allow visitors to fly, of course!)

It looks great

Doug
Jan 04, 2017, 06:15 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Doug,

When you get to Gainesville you can then fly your glider with us out at San Felasco!
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Jan 04, 2017, 09:02 AM
Awesome!!!

Thanks, guys!

We'll do!

Doug
Jan 05, 2017, 08:43 AM
RCG Staff
I'll be at San Felasco next month!