Feb 09, 2017, 06:39 PM
Haven't been able to hook up anything to properly measure the current draw but been playing with the scale in BF. Just had time to run 2 batteries today. Made a note of the Mha used at the end of the flight and then how much the charger put back into it. At a scale of 600 with no offset this is what I've got so far:
Osd = 396 charger = 344
Osd = 464 charger = 434
Not too far off going to try around 620 at the weekend if anyone else gets chance to give it a go first please post how you get on.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2017, 06:58 PM

Outdoor Maiden FPV Prop Failure

It was slightly wet out but I couldn't hold out any longer so I went ahead and did my maiden. You guys weren't kidding about these propellers and their placement. They SUCK. Here is a video of my outdoor maiden which ended in a crash after what appears to be prop failure of the rear right motor. Now I am grounded until I get my DYS props and motor spacers.

Hopefully, I didn't get any dirt in my motors. I would hate to have to take the motors apart to clean them......

Field Maiden A90 (2 min 4 sec)

PS - Yes, I forgot to turn off my DVR LOL
Feb 09, 2017, 07:28 PM
Success!

Props came early, thanks for letting me know about ordering them from that ready made rc place. Soft mounted the FC and the motors, DYS2030 props, and the 950mah 2s turnigy, night and day better. Recalibrated everything first and so far without the propguards on it's flying like it should have out of the factory. No more hard left lean, battery life is about twice as long, and it's still goes very quick. Hope I don't mess it up getting the camera and prop guards on.

And I messed it up again... Fell out of the sky from about 5 feet onto gravel, not sure exactly why, and one of the motors is now sticky when turning. Whether the bearings were already going out or the motor got too hot on stock pids I dunno. Guessing I'll order up some non-eachine branded motors and if it works then great, and if it doesn't then I'm gonna chuck the frame and fc and build a new one around non-eachine bits.
Last edited by darthskids; Feb 09, 2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Two packs later and its back on the ground.
Feb 09, 2017, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys,

I got my Aurora 90 and was excited to do a maiden flight but motor 2 didn't want to spin. I connect to BLHeli app and it cannot detect the ESC #2 (front right).

I contacted BG support and they asked me to provide the following:

1. some pictures of Shipping label (outside the package) and sku number (the label on the item).
2. video or picture to show the problem
3. Order number and the product ID.

Hopefully, this thing gets resolved quickly. Been waiting for it to arrive and only to be let down with a dead ESC.

Feb 09, 2017, 09:05 PM
just found out that they're using a special antenna connection, and have no replacements available, and the standard Frsky antennas will not fit. filling for a return now...
Feb 09, 2017, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfint
I'm confused, how is that camera held into the printed box area?
A bit of hot glue on the back side.
Feb 10, 2017, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchild
LOL, I too always forget to stop the DVR after a flight.

Do you have the Flysky version? On my Flysky version OSD for RSSI doesn't seem to work and always displays 0.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGinger
RSSI doesn't work on my flysky one either, I don't think that receiver has telemetry. On my TX I don't get a signal strength either which I do on my quads with bigger receivers. (I can also turn the TX off while the Aurora is still powered up, which if I try on other quads I get an error message saying turn model off first.) Sadly I think this also means that the failsafe doesn't work properly - at least it doesn't seem to be working for me when I loose signal.

Sorry for my English. I use google translator.

I have the Frsky version.
Feb 10, 2017, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Haven't been able to hook up anything to properly measure the current draw but been playing with the scale in BF. Just had time to run 2 batteries today. Made a note of the Mha used at the end of the flight and then how much the charger put back into it. At a scale of 600 with no offset this is what I've got so far:
Osd = 396 charger = 344
Osd = 464 charger = 434
Not too far off going to try around 620 at the weekend if anyone else gets chance to give it a go first please post how you get on.
I do not understand how he did this. I spend 450 mh and the osd informs me of 800 mh of consumption. How do I adjust this?
Feb 10, 2017, 06:53 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
You also had the telemetry warning going crazy when the quad and transmitter are close?
Looks exactly the same fault as mine, when I placed the RX antenna right above the VTX. After shifting to the rear, it became normal.
Quote:
... At a scale of 600 with no offset this is what I've got so far:
Osd = 396 charger = 344
Osd = 464 charger = 434
Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchild
... Here is a video of my outdoor maiden which ended in a crash after what appears to be prop failure of the rear right motor...
Oh, the rear-right motor failure again. That might not be caused by propellers. I came up with some possible explanations but I've not found the cause. Here's my recent video showing the fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donltr
I do not understand how he did this. I spend 450 mh and the osd informs me of 800 mh of consumption. How do I adjust this?
As explained in his reply, you need to set the right value for the Current Sensor, Scale.
Last edited by FyreSG; Feb 10, 2017 at 06:58 AM.
Feb 10, 2017, 07:56 AM
Today's battery.

Aurora90 second lipo second day (3 min 52 sec)
Feb 10, 2017, 09:01 AM

Aurora 90 Model Icon for Taranis X9D

I made a very simple model icon of Aurora 90 for X9D+.
Feb 10, 2017, 11:55 AM
More on my Motor #2 not spinning issue...

I disassembled the quad and looked at the 4in1 ESC board.. one of the copper trace leading to Motor 2 looks to be burnt. (see page 42.. i turns out it wasn't a burned ESC but a failed blheli flash)

Also, inspecting the Motor #3, the C-clip on the bottom of the motor is missing. I can pull on the motor bell and it separates from the rest of the motor. Sure, the magnetism may hold it in place but without the C-clip physically prevent it, there is a distinct possibility that the prop+bell will fly off on its own and head back to China

I am still waiting for BG to respond and I will let them know about the missing C-clip.

PSA: Check your motors to ensure there's still a C-clip. Image attached for the unaware
Last edited by flycrashfly; Feb 17, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
Feb 10, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrashfly
More on my Motor #2 not spinning issue...

I disassembled the quad and looked at the 4in1 ESC board.. one of the copper trace leading to Motor 2 looks to be burnt.

Also, inspecting the Motor #3, the C-clip on the bottom of the motor is missing. I can pull on the motor bell and it separates from the rest of the motor. Sure, the magnetism may hold it in place but without the C-clip physically prevent it, there is a distinct possibility that the prop+bell will fly off on its own and head back to China

I am still waiting for BG to respond and I will let them know about the missing C-clip.

PSA: Check your motors to ensure there's still a C-clip. Image attached for the unaware
The quality of products from Banggood has been total crap for me lately. Their packaging sucks as well. For example, they shipped me a pair of foam replacement wings in a plastic bag! You can imagine how mangled it was when I received it after the 1 month journey from China to the United States.
Feb 10, 2017, 07:34 PM
Hope someone can help, I tried flashing to latest firmware but chose the wrong board. Now as soon as I plug the usb it constantly beeps and does not show in serial port so I cant connect.
I presume I have to enter bootloader mode and to flash? I tried to disasmble the frame to look for a boot connection to solder, but cant get the stack apart. I think there are pins soldered joining the board together?
What should I do?
Last edited by roojoo; Feb 10, 2017 at 07:49 PM.
Feb 10, 2017, 08:04 PM
Yes, you need to enter recovery mode by shorting the the boot pads (or pressing the boot button if it exists), before you plug in the USB cable. After it enters recovery mode, you can unshort the boot pads, or release the button.

I have not disassembled the stack of boards so I can't help you on that. I can't find any info on the board despite using the Omnibus firmware target. Here's the pinout of Omnibus flight controller but I doubt it would be useful: