This thread is privately moderated by solentlife, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2016, 09:17 PM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Rant

The world of the Drone owners !

Over last years we have seen some crazy items like putting a gun on a multi-rotor, videoing people without thought of their privacy, flying in streets and congested areas.
Many comments in the RC world as it was understood any 'idiot' could buy and fly with the sophisticated flight control systems.

I hoped that sanity would prevail.

Judging by some of the drone people and misinformation given out by them - I think it is a hope that may not be realized. Yes majority are sensible in use, but the lack of general understanding of gear is tremendous.

I increasingly fear the consequences of this rapid expanding part of our hobby.

Nigel
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2017, 11:14 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP

Flat earth Society membership necessary to be Drone Only Flyer !

I cannot help but come to conclusion that many in the "Drone" Community having had sheltered lives away from mainstream RC - must be full paid up members of the Flat Earth Society !!
At least the Drone flyers on RCG and other mainstream RC forums get a chance to see the rest of the world and become reasonable. But the dedicated Drone Forums are in a world of their own.
I have only seen such blinkered ridiculous attitudes from yachties ...

No matter what subject - the Drone only crowd can come up with some hairbrained rubbish ... no wonder they need regulating - I think full frontal Lobotomy may also be valid !!

I really despair of what will become of our great hobby some days.

Quick Reply