Nov 28, 2021, 06:16 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Nobody's allowed to make fun of someone's hair unless they have hair.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2021, 06:33 PM
Lol... I won't lie, I'm kinda jealous

I'll put you down for an "aye"
Nov 28, 2021, 09:15 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Thread OP
Perpetual awards or tags whatever. I'm going to do those out of my own pocket and donate them to the FSS. If you don't want your tag they always work great for shimming a tilted table or chair. I've also heard they make good epoxy mixers. If you win the perpetual award and don't bring it back I'm going to make a new award with your name on it and it will be the shame award.

Look guys, I'm old school. The little piece of metal or plaque at the end of the year means a lot to me. Since there isn't a unanimous desire by pilots to continue those I don't think that the FSS should keep putting forth the money to buy them. So long as I'm coming to contests I'll be making the tags.
Latest blog entry: Focus on F5J
Nov 29, 2021, 07:10 AM
Nice Mike
Nov 29, 2021, 07:15 AM
You would have to fly in a lot of contests to win the perpetual trophy, i think we know pretty much everyone that would fly that many contests, so the chances of the trophy being returned is very high.
Nov 29, 2021, 09:17 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
Looked like the by-laws were also updated on the FSS site. Those where things are heading as I notice a certain class missing.....
Nov 29, 2021, 09:52 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
I don't think anything on that page has changed since 2018. What part of it do you think was updated?
Nov 29, 2021, 10:15 AM
AECS USN Ret P3 Flt Engineer
Looking at the bylaws now and I'm a little curious about the first section ?
Can you guys give me a second opinion ?

A.Unlimited club membership participation with one vote for each member club hosting or co-hosting a contest.
Nowhere does it state that the FSS officers have a vote (unless they represent a club)

B. Officers are elected for a one year term by the member clubs.
Again it says the member clubs representative not the board/officers shall vote for the board positions.

E. BY-law changes can only be made by membership majority vote.
Here the bylaws specifically state that the "membership vote not the officers can change the bylaws..

So the way I interpret it only 3 people actually get to vote in elections and on bylaw changes. One vote each for the Buzzards,St. Augustine's and Pompano clubs
Nov 29, 2021, 06:28 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
e2mres is mentioned as a class and I dont remember that being the case last time i looked. Also no mention of DLG anymore and I thought it was there before. Going off of memory though which is never safe.
Nov 29, 2021, 07:09 PM
Appropriate to say "point made" ?
Nov 29, 2021, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
should add the F5J SE contest to that just for awareness. Yes it occurs in Ga but being run by the Buzzards.
I just updated our "Contest Schedule" on the Buzzards website, added the F5J South East, I will add other contest that Buzzards or St Augustiners go to as they get posted on Rc Groups.
Nov 30, 2021, 12:12 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
The Midsouth is scheduled for May 20-22, 2022.

(Who is that masked man?)
Nov 30, 2021, 09:17 AM
Mid south is typically the following weekend, Memorial Day weekend, I will wait til the official Rcgroups announcement shows up here.
Dec 02, 2021, 12:45 PM
Gentlemen,

Here's an explanation of what's going on. The FSS officers are trying to get the By-Laws changed which requires one vote from each club currently a member of FSS. There are three clubs currently members and their CD’s will be solicited for their vote once the by-laws changes have been agreed upon by the officers.

The changed by-laws under consideration incorporate wording that allows any type (format/airframe) contest to be organized by a CD/member club. The proposal currently under consideration continues to award medallions at each contest for places 1 thru 3. (No pilot classifications.) It also provides for yearly trophies for overall top pilots and awards for any contest format flown three or more times in the year.

The sticking points are the medallions and the trophies. Should FSS bother to continue to supply them or will the CD/member clubs figure out their own awards (or have no awards)? Should there continue to be annual awards from FSS or should we just forget about them? We appreciate mikejr83’s offer to make the medallions and awards but the question is whether the CD/clubs want them continued or not.

If the FSS awards have no value and serve no purpose let’s just drop them. FSS will just coordinate the contest calendar.

If we can get new by-laws approved before year end, next year’s contest calendar might include a number of additional FSS contests.

I also want to point out that new FSS Officers can be elected by the three member club representatives. If anyone is interested in an officer position, please let it be known. I am pretty confident that none of the current officers would not gladly relinquish their position to someone who wants to serve.

Thermals
Rick
Dec 02, 2021, 02:09 PM
Rick,
Thanks for the update and explanation as to current thinking.
Allan

Quick Reply