RedRotor RROSD V2 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 28, 2016, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctavioMaia
I got a VTX that's 5v only.
My camera can take the 10v. Can I just swap the positive and negative wires of each, but keeping the video signal wire untouched?
I'd recommend swapping both the positive and negative at least, but I don't see why that shouldn't work for you.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2016, 02:33 PM
Like this right?

http://i.imgur.com/fadQ0vN.png
Dec 28, 2016, 03:28 PM
You got it!
Dec 29, 2016, 10:57 PM
Not sure about you guys,but trying to run my 200mw vtx through the 10v and my hs1177 +FC through the 5v results in nothing working with 5s. I tested the mA cosumption with my clamp meter and the vtx pulls only 220mA. 4s works like a charm though. Anyone else have this issue?
Dec 30, 2016, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamtfc
Not sure about you guys,but trying to run my 200mw vtx through the 10v and my hs1177 +FC through the 5v results in nothing working with 5s. I tested the mA cosumption with my clamp meter and the vtx pulls only 220mA. 4s works like a charm though. Anyone else have this issue?
I didn't had any issue.
Jan 04, 2017, 02:17 PM
downloader9 , it's pretty obvious by now that you're pushing for this product, actively, and you're not by any means simply a customer. I've noticed your intruding comments on other product's threads as well, boasting the RROSD v2. It is fair to say that your input on this subject is not to be trusted. I just want to make sure people here who have actually spent their hard earned money on this and placed their trust on it, will get real input and solutions from people who have them. Instead of simply dismissing their unfortunate issues with this board by replying that you had none.
Last edited by tsakali; Jan 04, 2017 at 02:32 PM.
Jan 04, 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali
downloader9 , it's pretty obvious by now that you're pushing for this product, actively, and you're not by any means simply a customer. I've noticed your intruding comments on other product's threads as well, boasting the RROSD v2. It is fair to say that your input on this subject is not to be trusted. I just want to make sure people here who have actually spent their hard earned money on this and placed their trust on it, will get real input and solutions from people who have them. Instead of simply dismissing their unfortunate issues with this board by replying that you had none.
That's so false, all my RROSD v2 are paid, don't spread lies...
Second Yes Matek Hubosd has problems, matek know it but ignored customers... That's why I changed back to RROSD. And yes this is better... The main chip of the RROSD is much stable than the one used on Matek. The one used on Matek is the one used by minimosd which is known by giving some problems... Don believe search and get back.
Jan 04, 2017, 09:33 PM
I hope I'm wrong and I hope this PDB really did work for you. After all , we should all be on the same side, and that's enjoying our equipment without technical issues. Now which parts we use to that end is insignificant to me as long as the end result allows me to enjoy this hobby without spending unnecessary time on the bench.
Jan 04, 2017, 10:04 PM
@tsakali, downloader9 was also a user of the RROSD Pro V1 and was active in that thread too. At no point or time did I ever get the inclination that he was getting paid to say or do anything, he just believes in the product and likes to let people know about it. I've been a V1 user for some time now and have had nothing but good results from it. I'm sure the V2 is as good if not even better...
Jan 05, 2017, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali
I hope I'm wrong and I hope this PDB really did work for you. After all , we should all be on the same side, and that's enjoying our equipment without technical issues. Now which parts we use to that end is insignificant to me as long as the end result allows me to enjoy this hobby without spending unnecessary time on the bench.
I actually got a RROSD V2 for a sponsored build and I was a happy costumer of the V1, but that didnt stop me for posting bad feedback about it, due to the OSD failing and never coming back.

I currently have a HUBOSD on my first racer and the quality is not as good as the RROSD, but the pricing is different as well.

HUBOSD:
New VTX test (1 min 50 sec)

RROSD V2:
Encontro 31/12/2016 (2 min 54 sec)

You can clearly see the difference in video stability as well as DVR quality. I use a 1000uF low ESR cap on all my builds, althought it's not necessary on the RROSD. I also have 5s footage on that channel if you wanna check it out.

The RROSD is a much better quality product than the HUBOSD, hence the different pricing and support you get.
I never got a response out of Matek due to it's 5v problem which plagues my HUBOSD (it does 4.6v or 4.5v)... The RROSD is 5v stable even on 5s on a smaller form-factor.
Also Tony is a great guy, he'll reply to you asap and actually listens to your feedback..

Just my 2c, not ranting about anything
Jan 05, 2017, 09:06 AM
thanx for your input, I already had one on order, and hopefully it works out well for me without much ado. I'll probably add a cap on the battery just for good measure, but other than that I'm hoping the rest of the build stays neat.
Jan 05, 2017, 11:11 PM
will be running unify pro (5v) by swapping positive and negative wires for cam and vtx. What;s the max current draw for the 5V pad? can it do up to 600mA for 800mw vtx power? or will i need a separate bec?
Jan 06, 2017, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppler
will be running unify pro (5v) by swapping positive and negative wires for cam and vtx. What;s the max current draw for the 5V pad? can it do up to 600mA for 800mw vtx power? or will i need a separate bec?
From the documentation:

Quote:
Power output on CAM 5V/10V connector Because a linear regulators are used, limit
the current draw to less than 400mA on 10V and 600mA on 5V rail to prevent
overheating
Jan 06, 2017, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis
From the documentation:

Manual documentation shows 600mA for the 5V for FC.
So I was not sure. Thanks
Jan 06, 2017, 11:25 AM
Well just tried to test fly
Unify pro 5v powered from CAM RAIL
Cam powered from from VTX rail.
25-800mw. It's crystal clear when sitting in front of me.
Fly 3 feet away and it's insane amount of noise - completely unflyable.

Should I try to power it off the separate 5V rail? And power FC through CAM rail?