RedRotor RROSD V2 - Page 22 - RC Groups
Apr 18, 2017, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmak
Appreciate the help, Tony from RROSD diagnosed it as a bad board, he's sending me a replacement tomorrow. Great customer service!!
Ah, there we go then! You're very welcome, glad things could get moving.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 07:03 PM

Redrotor v2 help

I just picked one of these up. I am also very new to building quads. What is the RSSI pad exactly for? I know how to hook up the PDB to my FC along with the XSR receiver but how does this play into the telemetry? Or am I way out in left field? Anyone could maybe give me some insight and point me in the right direction?
Apr 20, 2017, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McNeal
I just picked one of these up. I am also very new to building quads. What is the RSSI pad exactly for? I know how to hook up the PDB to my FC along with the XSR receiver but how does this play into the telemetry? Or am I way out in left field? Anyone could maybe give me some insight and point me in the right direction?
Sure thing and welcome to the RedRotor family! If you configure RSSI to the RROSD if your connection drops from distance/obstruction, you shutting the radio off, or any other reason, and you have a buzzer on the RROSD, it'll trigger it to alarm. Does that make sense?

Flight controllers can do similar things, so it's more of a preference as to where you want to connect it.
Apr 23, 2017, 03:52 PM
Having video problems similar to a lot of you. Swapped out VTXs, was running RMRC cricket now running the TBS unify HV race, powered raw from the vtx rail on the RROSD. I'm still getting the dirty Power horizontal lines in my feed when throttling. Sounds like the only answer I've seen is to replace the vtx with a Tramp. I'm thinking I'll try to power the camera from the vtx instead of the cam rail and also bypass the RROSD all together by running the signal wire directly from the vtx to the cam. Any other suggestions? The Power from the RROSD rails is definitely not good--I think it may be having an adverse affect on the signal wire inputs on the cam/vtx rails. I've never had video issues with my other builds until now with the RROSD. I was a fan of the OSDOGE back in the NAZE32 days (provided great video filtering). I'll end my rant now--it's just really frustrating!
Apr 23, 2017, 04:07 PM
Honestly? I'd recommend trying your motor screws. Go motor by motor and check each one.
Apr 27, 2017, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,

Sooo got a little issue. More like a big one! There is not OSD! I have tried multiple cameras and vtx's. Setup of the board is pretty straight forward so I'm 99% sure everything is setup right. Video is verrrry clean I will say that. I also cannot enter the menu!

Do I need to update the firmware? Is there firmware? If so where is the diagram and information on how to do this.

Thanks..
Apr 27, 2017, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock970
Hey guys,

Sooo got a little issue. More like a big one! There is not OSD! I have tried multiple cameras and vtx's. Setup of the board is pretty straight forward so I'm 99% sure everything is setup right. Video is verrrry clean I will say that. I also cannot enter the menu!

Do I need to update the firmware? Is there firmware? If so where is the diagram and information on how to do this.

Thanks..
You can't upgrade the V2's firmware, so we'll need to troubleshoot it some other way. I don't suppose you could provide a picture of how you have things set up, could you?
Apr 27, 2017, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis
You can't upgrade the V2's firmware, so we'll need to troubleshoot it some other way. I don't suppose you could provide a picture of how you have things set up, could you?
That's too bad. I can but it's gonna be pretty obvious.
Apr 27, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock970
it's gonna be pretty obvious.
I'm not sure I follow.
Apr 29, 2017, 08:00 AM
Doing a new build.
May 11, 2017, 10:15 AM
Hey guys, long time no post LOL.

Just wanted to talk about some video noise issues some people may be having (including myself).

When I first flew with the RROSD V2, I ran KISS 24a and Aikon 30a SEFM with no noise issues.
I have since switched to the TMotor 30a D Shot ESCS and after about 2 months, my OSD started jumping a bit.

I took a look at the board of the TMotor ESCs and noticed that there are much less capacitors on the board compared to the KISS and Aikon ESCS.
I then added a 1000uf 25v Low ESR cap to the battery leads and boom, problem solved.

This reminds me of the past year or so when people were complaining of the LittleBee ESCs killing video equipment. Adding a cap fixed that issue by cleaning up the electrical system and controlling voltage spikes from active braking.

Some for those of you having OSD issues, I suggest adding a cap and MAYBE going to a new ESC that has better filtering. For me, I'll use up the rest of my TMotor ESCs with a cap on the battery leads before switching back to Aikon.

For power issues, there's 2 options for you.
1 - Power the VTX on either the 5v rail or 10/12v rail BY ITSELF, and power the cam on the other open rail. Some of my buddies were oversaturating the regulator which caused heat issues. For me, I actually run the VTX Raw or on the 12v (Unify HV) while the cam is on the 5v rail. If I use a 5v Unify Pro, I run the cam off the 10/12v rail. The FC is always powered off the battery leads (Lumenier Lux V2).
2 - If you do the above and still have issues, you may have a dud board. I suggest sending RedRotor an email.

Happy flying everyone!

PS- If any of you wanna see what I'm up to...
Instagram - @JReyFPV