Mar 20, 2017, 02:27 PM
I would be looking at the Unify HV VTX as a potential possibility . There seems to be issues.
Last edited by Slats!; Mar 20, 2017 at 02:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 04:25 PM
Yup, there was a thread started about it awhile back. I don't subscribe to it so not sure if it's still current or not. People were having all kinds of problems with them like your describing. The sole reason I still buy the 5V version.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Mar 20, 2017, 04:36 PM
The thread has got much worse. I have two that I am fighting with.

My cleanest quad set up at the moment is the rrosd v2 and the tbs unify 5v. It is great. No caps needed. Accurate readings out of the box.
Mar 20, 2017, 05:36 PM
I crush you
Dang. This is not good. I have two IRC Tramps that I'm installing here and there, but haven't used it... But I was lucky with my first TBS Unify Pro HV so I ordered 2 more, plus a race HV. :/
Mar 20, 2017, 05:41 PM
To give you an idea I had a tramp crap out. It was crystal clear. Put on the TBS HV and it was a mess. Same set up.

I did the same, went all in. F
Mar 20, 2017, 06:15 PM
I crush you
These new VTXs are great in features, but neither seems to be as rock solid reliable as the old big IRC's some of us started with.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune
These new VTXs are great in features, but neither seems to be as rock solid reliable as the old big IRC's some of us started with.
The 5V Unify Pro is rock solid and have never heard of any that weren't. I always give new products a couple months after release before I consider ordering. Companies are churning out stuff as fast as possible to get that money. I'll save mine and wait a little while to make sure it's a solid product before ordering... Good luck fellas

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Mar 20, 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Any ideas?
Please make sure your motor screws aren't touching. Just had someone in the V1 thread with that issue too.

I personally love the Unify HV's and continue to buy them.
Mar 21, 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatecrasher_FPV
What camera are you using ? Im using a runcam swift 1 and I'm having the same problem. I emailed red rotor, he said he was going to get a swift to do some testing with.

Don't expect a fix, it's not coming.
I use a normal HS1177 from Foxeer. This one I think: http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

Unfortunately I have no NTSC cam to test with.
Mar 21, 2017, 07:54 AM
I am running a Runcam Swift 2 on NTSC. No issues.
Mar 23, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
One of my RROSD V2s is wired to a full KISS setup with Armattan Oomph motors. Iím using a TBS Unify Pro HV (800mW). The Unify is wired using Vbat and there is a 1000uF 25V cap on the main battery leads.

Iím getting mad lines in the video. Even the OSD numbers are getting shaken into blurriness when I throttle up.

Not exactly sure how to go about fixing this. The entire quad is built very cleanly. Any ideas?
Crap! I was having problems with my Matek Hubosd and was going to migrate to the rrosd with your exact setup BUT guess not
Mar 23, 2017, 06:17 PM
Quote:
One of my RROSD V2s is wired to a full KISS setup with Armattan Oomph motors. Iím using a TBS Unify Pro HV (800mW). The Unify is wired using Vbat and there is a 1000uF 25V cap on the main battery leads.

Iím getting mad lines in the video. Even the OSD numbers are getting shaken into blurriness when I throttle up.

Not exactly sure how to go about fixing this. The entire quad is built very cleanly. Any ideas?
Hi, Did you get any ideas for this? Are you only running your video wires through your RROSD or do you also have your ground from your camera and VTX going to the RROSD next to the video in/out. If you don't have grounds running along with the video signal it can cause this type issue. Here's a wiring example with grounds running with the video signal wire. I had a similar issue with a different osd and wiring per this example solved it.

Hope it helps!
Mar 23, 2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurtz
Hi, Did you get any ideas for this? Are you only running your video wires through your RROSD or do you also have your ground from your camera and VTX going to the RROSD next to the video in/out. If you don't have grounds running along with the video signal it can cause this type issue. Here's a wiring example with grounds running with the video signal wire. I had a similar issue with a different osd and wiring per this example solved it.

Hope it helps!
Yes, I've given them one but haven't heard back. Also that's some interesting wiring there. I've never personally had to wire things up that way but would be curious to hear if it's helped folks specifically with the RROSD V2 and the Unify.
Mar 24, 2017, 01:01 AM
I crush you
Hey guys, sorry, been busy and hadn't had time to look into my issue shown in the last few posts... Girl's are in bed, made myself a coffee at 11PM and I'm testing now...

So here's the deal. I have not one, but TWO, identical quads that I just finished building. Both are running Unify Pro HVs, with the RROSD V2 and a KISS setup. Both have exactly the same problem. I don't think it's the Unify or the RROSD but rather that the two are not playing together nicely.

I have a 1000uF 25V cap in the main leads on both of them. The camera and VTX are powered from the RROSD V2 and the VTX power is set to VBAT.

I get all kinds of crazy lines in my video that get worse with throttle... and the stabilization and movements of the quads (as motors speed up and slow down to stabilize) are producing even more lines and also make the numbers in the OSD distort and flicker.

I'm not going to go through the trouble of wiring an LC filter just yet. I also don't feel like rewiring the VTX and camera power to say, the main power leads instead of the RROSD VTX power pads... that would require a lot of work and it's two quads...

I'm going to try a Tramp HV I have here and see how it copes. If it works, I'm swapping out the Unifys. If that doesn't work, I the next easiest thing is to grab power from somewhere else for the VTX and see if that solves it. Finally, if that doesn't work, my ESC power wires are long enough and I'll just remove the RROSD and wire to the stock Alien PDB and run telemetry and call it a day. These boards are working for a lot of people, so I'm sure they are fine. It just seems that this new breed of VTX simply doesn't play well with it. Maybe I can go and order 5V Unifys... but I'm not sure I want to spend the $100 or so... We'll see.
Mar 24, 2017, 02:11 AM
I crush you
Well, my plan to do this the easy way is not going to happen. I was hoping to pull the little metal connectors individually from the Unify connector and stick them into the appropriate places in the Tramp connector. But apparently, even though the connectors looks the same with the naked eye, the little metal connectors from the TBS Unify don't quite want to cleanly go into the Tramp's plastic connector.

I'm not ready to start desoldering stuff. I was trying to get away with not having to do that.

My patience is zero. I'm going to put this on the backburner and rethink it again later. Looks like these two won't be up in the air yet.