Mar 20, 2017, 02:27 PM
I would be looking at the Unify HV VTX as a potential possibility . There seems to be issues.
Last edited by Slats!; Mar 20, 2017 at 02:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 04:25 PM
Yup, there was a thread started about it awhile back. I don't subscribe to it so not sure if it's still current or not. People were having all kinds of problems with them like your describing. The sole reason I still buy the 5V version.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Mar 20, 2017, 04:36 PM
The thread has got much worse. I have two that I am fighting with.

My cleanest quad set up at the moment is the rrosd v2 and the tbs unify 5v. It is great. No caps needed. Accurate readings out of the box.
Mar 20, 2017, 05:36 PM
I'm a pincher
Dang. This is not good. I have two IRC Tramps that I'm installing here and there, but haven't used it... But I was lucky with my first TBS Unify Pro HV so I ordered 2 more, plus a race HV. :/
Mar 20, 2017, 05:41 PM
To give you an idea I had a tramp crap out. It was crystal clear. Put on the TBS HV and it was a mess. Same set up.

I did the same, went all in. F
Mar 20, 2017, 06:15 PM
I'm a pincher
These new VTXs are great in features, but neither seems to be as rock solid reliable as the old big IRC's some of us started with.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune View Post
These new VTXs are great in features, but neither seems to be as rock solid reliable as the old big IRC's some of us started with.
The 5V Unify Pro is rock solid and have never heard of any that weren't. I always give new products a couple months after release before I consider ordering. Companies are churning out stuff as fast as possible to get that money. I'll save mine and wait a little while to make sure it's a solid product before ordering... Good luck fellas

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Mar 20, 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune View Post
Any ideas?
Please make sure your motor screws aren't touching. Just had someone in the V1 thread with that issue too.

I personally love the Unify HV's and continue to buy them.
Mar 21, 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatecrasher_FPV View Post
What camera are you using ? Im using a runcam swift 1 and I'm having the same problem. I emailed red rotor, he said he was going to get a swift to do some testing with.

Don't expect a fix, it's not coming.
I use a normal HS1177 from Foxeer. This one I think: http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

Unfortunately I have no NTSC cam to test with.
Mar 21, 2017, 07:54 AM
I am running a Runcam Swift 2 on NTSC. No issues.