May 08, 2017, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piloteador
Third rudder hinge point is close to the bottom of the fuselage.
It would be nice to see a picture of that GT22 sitting in the front.
servos will be in tomorrow and I have never posted or tried to post picks but I will give it a try this week. cant believe nobody has flown one yet. did your kit come with a plastic type engine mount our the wood rails like shown in the instructions.
T
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2017, 02:00 PM
I'm using the electric setup on 6S, but mine came with the wood rails. I was asking for the picture because I have an OS GT22 waiting for a plane, but decided to go electric with this one.
May 08, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
I'm using the electric setup on 6S, but mine came with the wood rails. I was asking for the picture because I have an OS GT22 waiting for a plane, but decided to go electric with this one.
pm me your email, I will take pics and send them to you. I also made a belcrank setup for the choke. with the 22 it sits on top and the belcrank allowed me to have it come out on the side of the fuse and not through the cowl. the isolator Dubro mount is nice as well. it works great with the spacing on the cowl.
May 09, 2017, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74ranch
pm me your email, I will take pics and send them to you. I also made a belcrank setup for the choke. with the 22 it sits on top and the belcrank allowed me to have it come out on the side of the fuse and not through the cowl. the isolator Dubro mount is nice as well. it works great with the spacing on the cowl.
my first attempt at pics, hope they work. if you want pics of the throttle setup I can take pics later and post them as well.
Tom
May 09, 2017, 02:59 PM
Nice pics!! I needed about 1/2 oz in the tail to balance mine. Hope to maiden this week. I will try to post some pics/video if so
May 10, 2017, 05:29 AM
a few pics of my throttle setup for the OSgt22. anyone got a weight of this plane with a 20cc gas hanging on the front.
May 12, 2017, 04:44 PM
A geriatric flier
I am looking at buying this this plane. I am mainly an electric plane flyer but if I buy the Pilot Extra I am seriously considering using a DLE 20cc. Smoke and noise seems good but the expected additional flying time of IC is attractive. However saying this I can get 7 mins from my Sebart Wind 50 on 6S 4400 mAh. The standard engine mount looks unusual to me. Is it OK? I have read 74ranch using a vibration isolation mount. Is this a better idea?
May 14, 2017, 12:22 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!

Servos

Could I get away with using Hitec 225mg in this bird? Im moving from another 60" and really dont have the cash for an all out build.
May 15, 2017, 01:57 PM
Maidened mine today. I was alone, so no videos. Better, because following the cg position in the manual, mine came tail heavy. A bit scary landing for the first time tail heavy. I managed to land and I kept on finding the right spot for the cg, still in progress. Tomorrow I'll fly again. I had to remove 1/2 oz I had on the tail, and I'm moving the 6S battery almost all the way fwd. Once I finished I'll try to measure where my cg is. More to come.
May 18, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Maidened mine today. I was alone, so no videos. Better, because following the cg position in the manual, mine came tail heavy. A bit scary landing for the first time tail heavy. I managed to land and I kept on finding the right spot for the cg, still in progress. Tomorrow I'll fly again. I had to remove 1/2 oz I had on the tail, and I'm moving the 6S battery almost all the way fwd. Once I finished I'll try to measure where my cg is. More to come.
Piloteader, where did you start as your initial reference point to establish your CG. would like to hear from gas versions setups before I head out. all that's left is the CG setup. not much of a following for this plane.
T
May 18, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Piloteader, where did you start as your initial reference point to establish your CG. would like to hear from gas versions setups before I head out. all that's left is the CG setup. not much of a following for this plane.
T
I started from the position where the CG mark is located inside the fuselage, right above the wing screw. After a few flights, my CG is now about 1 1/4" fwd, and I like it, just a little bit nose heavy.
May 18, 2017, 10:12 AM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043
Could I get away with using Hitec 225mg in this bird? Im moving from another 60" and really dont have the cash for an all out build.
I would advise against it, the airplane is really designed for standard sized servos.
May 18, 2017, 10:27 AM

Test flight done

Test flight done this morning C of G set over the wing tube and slightly nose heavy with full tank of fuel . Engine DLE 20 . Loads of power . Uneventful flight fairly fast landing as iv yet to sort out a decent throttle curve . Only got to do one flight as a few things need dealing wth again . One of the cross brasses broke due to vibrating . And didn't realise but the front corner of the can contacts the cowl so I need to sort that out .

Seems to fly ok still not happy with quality of kit . But just going to fly it till something else takes my fancy .
May 18, 2017, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess24845030
Test flight done this morning C of G set over the wing tube and slightly nose heavy with full tank of fuel . Engine DLE 20 . Loads of power . Uneventful flight fairly fast landing as iv yet to sort out a decent throttle curve . Only got to do one flight as a few things need dealing wth again . One of the cross brasses broke due to vibrating . And didn't realise but the front corner of the can contacts the cowl so I need to sort that out .

Seems to fly ok still not happy with quality of kit . But just going to fly it till something else takes my fancy .
I have already broken the balsa cross braces by just fishing my hands in the fuse. I'm leaving them out. I hope the Dubro isolator vib mount will payoff . I also rapped the engine box with epoxy & fiberglass cloth before I mounted the engine up. I also intend to CG it at the front of the wing tube. What size prop are you using. I got a 17x 6 Zoar. On my OS 22 GT.
T
May 19, 2017, 02:55 AM
Quote:
I have already broken the balsa cross braces by just fishing my hands in the fuse. I'm leaving them out. I hope the Dubro isolator vib mount will payoff . I also rapped the engine box with epoxy & fiberglass cloth before I mounted the engine up. I also intend to CG it at the front of the wing tube. What size prop are you using. I got a 17x 6 Zoar. On my OS 22 GT.
T
I,m running the falcon 17 x 6 pick up seems very good , I'm looking actually at the moment for a DLE on board digital tacho to help with tuneing and throttle curve set up . but no one seem to stock them .

I have strengthened the engine box with triangular balsa and coated the whole thing in finishing resin for strength and fuel proofing .

Will also get round to putting the wheel spats on but they are going to be take a bit of work as they are at the moment they don't fit .

Quick Reply