This thread is privately moderated by Mad_angler1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2016, 04:27 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

DJI Phantom 4 Advanced & PRO Update Information -Known Issues - Troubleshooting

DJI Phantom 4 Advanced & PRO Firmware Update - Troubleshooting and common Issue Information Updated

The Phantom 4 Advanced & Pro is available from DJI

If you would like to support me you can choose to order from DJI via the below links

The Phantom 4 Advanced http://click.dji.com/AD6pQdh5pOTQ8AI...m=link&as=0002

The Phantom 4 Pro http://click.dji.com/ACAG0tVcbVw91cs...m=link&as=0002

Note: As with all my own blog post all links may be affiliate links and i will receive a small commission on any purchase bought through them , if you wish to support me then thank you however it is not expected .

Latest FW versions

Phantom 4 Advanced

Date : 08/06/2017

Aircraft Firmware : V01.00.0128

Phantom 4 Adv Remote Controller Firmware : V2.1.1.0

Phantom 4 Adv + Remote Controller Firmware : V1.2.0.0

Phantom 4 Pro

Date : 08/06/2017

Aircraft Firmware : V01.04.0602

Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V1.4.1.0

Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0

KNOWN ISSUES AFTER THIS UPDATE

NO CONNECTION BETWEEN RC & CRAFT AFTER UPDATE

Rebind RC to Craft as per the DJI Manual or the Video below on this blog

NO MAPS OR MAPS INT ERROR ON PLUS RC

Perform a full factory reset from the Plus RC and the maps will return.

SMART RTH SWITCH & HDMI OSD OPTION MISSING

These are currently missing from the latest release - Currently no more info.

GEO NFZ NOT UNLOCKING

Have seen a number of reports of users not being able to unlock Yellow zones on this latest FW, reports are sporadic but if you are having this issue I would suggest a full FW refresh and Delete DJI Go, Reboot your device and download again.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

4K 60fps FRAME DROPPING ISSUE - RESOLVED

There was a known issue with 1080P 60FPS where its adding frames randomly in recordings this only affected the 4K 60FPS recording mode .

RESOLUTION

This was resolved with firmware V01.03.0418

3rd PARTY APP ISSUES WITH FIRMWARE - RESOLVED

There was an issue introduced with firmware V 01.03.0418 that could cause erratic behaviour when used with 3rd party apps such as Autopilot and Litchi, All the 3rd part app providers sent out a warning to say to downgrade to if you wanted to continue to use them, This issues affect the Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2.

RESOLUTION

Firmware version V01.03.0418 resolves this issue.

PHANTOM 4 PRO+ CRASHING AND BAD FEED - RESOLVED

There was a known issue with the Plus RC with integrated Android system that it is crashing and giving poor performance in general, Live feed glitching ect.

RESOLUTION

Firmware V 1.1.3.0 fixes this issue, , IF you do its worth checking if your RC fan is working, you should be able to hear this after a few minutes, overheating could also be a cause of this issue, none running fans is a HW issue and would beed to be sent into DJI for repair.

GIMBAL HORIZON ISSUES - RESOLVED LATEST FW

A number of users have reported very bad gimbal performance especially since installing the latest Aircraft Firmware V 01.01.0203.

RESOLUTION

This appears to have been resolved with the latest firmware.

If this does not help its advised to try a number of cold IMU calibrations followed by gimbal calibrations otherwise you may need to send it into DJI for repair.

HDMI BOARD NOT WORKING GL300F

The HDMI board from the P3 and P4 is compatible with the GL300F RC with the device holder some users have not been able to get it to work straight away.

RESOLUTION

If after installing the new HDMI board it does not work and it did not prompt for an update try the following

Install the original USB board

Downgrade the RC firmware to the last version via the Go App - Process here Phantom 4 Info with RC FW Downgrade

Install the HDMI board again and you should be prompted for FW update, follow process and it then should work

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

GL300E vs GL300F REMOTE CONTROLLERS

The Phantom 4 Pro is available with 2 different remote controllers.

The GL300F

This is the traditional looking remote with the device holder on the top, USB port as standard on the rear.

This RC is not compatible with the Phantom 4 and does not come with HDMI as standard.

The GL300E

This is the traditional looking remote but with a builtin high contrast smart device, this inbuilt screen runs on android OS, is not removable and has a specific version of DJI Go 4 App, On the rear it has a USB port,HDMI and Micro SD card slot, it has built in Wifi and can connected to your smartphone or WIF network for updating the firmware or caching the maps.

This RC is also not compatible with the Phantom 4, , there are also some other limitations around 3rd party apps as well explained further below.

DJI Go & DJI Go 4

DJI has branched off its Go app into 2 versions, from this point forwards you should use the correct app for your model.

Use DJI Go V3x for the following products

Phantom 3 Series

M100/M600/LB2

Use DJI Go 4x for the following products

Phantom 4 Series including the P4 Pro

Mavic Pro

Spark

Inspire 2

FAQ

CAN I USE 3RD PARTY APPS WITH THE GL300E WITH INTEGRATED DEVICE

Currently No, the only app thats compatible and installed is a custom version of DJI Go 4, this may change in the future as its base OS is android as DJI may open it up to the SDK or someone may find away around it.

CAN I USE EXTERNAL TABLET WITH THE GL300E WITH INTEGRATED SMART DEVICE

Currently no ,the USB port is not active and there is no way to disable the integrated smart device

CAN I USE THE GL300E WITH INTEGRATED SMART DEVICE WITH THE PHANTOM 4 (NOT PRO)

No they uses a different wireless Lightbridge system, The Advance and Pro RC's are believed to be compatible through.

CAN I USE THE P3/4 HDMI BOARD WITH THE GL300F RC

Yes the DJI HDMI Board is compatible - See troubleshooting for additional notes

IS THE IMU CALIBRATION THE SAME AS THE PHANTOM 4 AND DO I NEED TO DO ONE BEFORE I FLY FOR THE FIRST TIME ?

DJI state you do not need to calibrate the IMU out the box as this is done at the factory under specific conditions.

DJI have moved to a new method of calibrating the IMU with the P4 Pro as they did with the Mavic Pro, If you do need to calibrate the IMU you should cool the craft to as cold as possible before hand then follow the onscreen in prompts to rotate the craft through each axis, again always perform on a perfectly level surface.

FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS

Updating the Craft via DJI Assistant 2 App PC/MAC

There are 2 ways to update the Phantom 4 Pro craft, the first is via the Assistant 2 PC and Mac Application, this can be downloaded form the DJI website under the downloads section, the second method is via the DJI Go App, the below videos show how to perform both.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro - Upgrading Firmware (DJI Assistant 2) (1 min 44 sec)

Updating Craft and Controller via DJI GO

DJI Phantom 4 Pro - Upgrading Firmware (DJI GO 4) (1 min 47 sec)

Controller FW Downgrade Process - Not Plus RC GL300F ONLY

If you update the controller before updating the craft but can't update the via Assistant 2 for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

GENERAL ISSUES and TROUBLESHOOTING

Object Avoidance System Errors or Poor Performance

If your having poor altitude hold or are getting avoidance system errors perform a calibration of the avoidance system cameras as follows

Phantom 4 Tutorials - Calibrating the Vision Positioning System (3 min 22 sec)

Locate Update Log File

To check if your update has been successful or provide DJI with further details

Phantom 4 Tutorials – Finding an Upgrade LOG File (1 min 52 sec)

Link Phantom 4 Pro RC

DJI Phantom 4 Pro - Linking the Remote Controller (1 min 48 sec)

Installing HDMI Board on Phantom 4 PRO GL300F RC

This is the same identical process as on the Phantom 3 Advance and Pro

Phantom 3 Tutorials- How to install HDMI Output Module on Phantom 3 Remote Controller (4 min 29 sec)

Poor Range and Signal

Make sure you are correctly orientating the antennas when flying

DJI Tutorials - Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices (3 min 22 sec)

Poor Live Feed, Brake Up, Live Feed Dropouts

If your getting No signal, Poor live feed, Dropouts and overall poor Lightbridge connection issues try the following

Resolution:

Replace SD Card with another, A bad SD card can cause Live feed problems

Try custom channel setting and set to a clear channel and set to 4mbps

Try installing the channel mod and using custom channel on a clear channel out of the normal band

MORE INFORMATION

The New DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Released

The DJI Phantom 4 Pro A Worthy Upgrade

My DJI Mavic Pro Update Information -Known Issues - Troubleshooting Blog

My DJI Phantom 4 FW Update Information -Known Issues - Troubleshooting Blog

My DJI Phantom 3 Adv/Pro FW Update Information -Known Issues - Troubleshooting Blog

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Aug 26, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2017, 05:37 AM
Thread OP
Updated and tidied up
Jun 10, 2017, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Updated to Latest Info for current models and firmware

Quick Reply