MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Camera Quad - Great or "Buggy"? (review) - Page 60 - RC Groups
May 18, 2017, 11:31 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Aug 01, 2017 at 02:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
in this situations i find adding weight improves the flight, due to imbalance
without the FPV Equipment. designed for up front

by not using it, Weight Needs to Be Replaced to Balance the Craft
the battery is not centered to allow for the up front fpv gear.

===============================================
if my craft is more balanced by adding weight, and performs better
i do what i gotta do

also by adding weight, it makes it drop faster, makes the flight not so airy, handles wind better.

my 4 quarters = 23g taped just behind the front led, fits perfectly,
in free fall drops its improved, otherwise the rear can tilt backwards when you cut the motors using a 3s battery.
now it drops front /back more balanced out this was the issue i had to look at, and solve. worked for me.

see the link of the zippy battery $15 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zippy-Compac...oAAOSwo4pYQ656
costs less than stock battery. flys the same at 75% throttle, very little difference, its only when you use the last 20% you have this extra burst
i agree, dont run it full speed all the time, it will go poof. the motors speed is insane. only 3-5 second bursts and its out of sight

How Fast Bugs Go?
stock 2s / 40 to 42 mph fastest full throttle
3s upgrade / 51-54 mph
this has been verified on youtube vids
Thanks for sharing.
May 18, 2017, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account

Digi Meter Beeper add on

Last edited by Blue Bugs; Aug 01, 2017 at 02:46 AM.
May 18, 2017, 06:16 PM
Frankenbugs wouldn't fly. One motor wasn't spinning freely. It had lost a motor shaft c clamp, months ago. I put some silicon on/in the shaft and all on the magnets. She's flying again!
May 18, 2017, 07:05 PM
Can anybody tell me what is the voltage of the cells when the alarm of the transmitter begins to beep??

Thanks.
May 18, 2017, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betruger
Can anybody tell me what is the voltage of the cells when the alarm of the transmitter begins to beep??

Thanks.
The answer's only a couple of posts up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bugs
...LV with Stock Battery goes off at about 3.65 v
May 18, 2017, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornhill
The answer's only a couple of posts up
Im sorry. My english is too bad and I understood another thing.

Thanks
May 18, 2017, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betruger
Im sorry. My english is too bad and I understood another thing.

Thanks
No problem
May 18, 2017, 07:58 PM
I've noticed if I land shortly after lv buzzer (less than a minute) the batts are at a good storage voltage. Saves time charging batts.
May 18, 2017, 09:22 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs3newb
Oil wouldn't take up the slop between the balls and the race, I could literally feel the motor housing wobble side to side.
No, No,,,..Don't use oil. Oil will attract dirt and it's viscosity doesn't last long. This has been my "go to" lube since around 1977. I forget. Exclusively designed for the DoD (still in use)
https://www.amazon.com/Break-Free-Cl...ews/B0050GW7KU

I don't know about putting any kind of lube on a BL motor. A very, very small dab on the bearing maybe but, I never did that either

I need to pick me up some more aerosol cans. Good stuff Bud. I brought some salt water fishing reels back from the dead. No BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing
Don't use 3S too often though or you might risk burning out an ESC. The ones on the quad are a mere 6A whereas a 3S with 7 inch stock props draws around 12-15A(est) which might be more than what the burst rate can support.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned "upping" the ESC rating

Mike.
May 18, 2017, 10:12 PM
GOT WINGS
I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Flow-Lube...+dry+lubricant . Goes on wet then dries leaving dry lube. Doesn't harm plastics and one bottle will last forever.
May 19, 2017, 02:42 AM
Suspended Account
ok i checked the digi meter to get the exact voltage on LV
LV alarm goes off at 7.20 3.60 each cell / same voltage means good quality battery
i flew it till it slowly stopped to the ground. Measured Voltage 3.17 ea cell

2s batteries fully charged the voltage is 4.16 to 4.18 ea cell voltage = 8.35 total.
3s the starting voltage is about 12.5 V
May 19, 2017, 04:27 AM
Well, after doing some troubleshooting it looks like I may need a new motor for my bugs...

For everyone that may need an example of a replaced frame - here is a recording of what I've done:

Broken main body replacement on the MJX B3 Bugs 3 brushless drone (17 min 29 sec)
May 19, 2017, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kub40
Well, after doing some troubleshooting it looks like I may need a new motor for my bugs...

For everyone that may need an example of a replaced frame - here is a recording of what I've done:
Good job. Videos like yours remind me why it's bad to break frames... lots of screwing around to fix it.

I typically don't like marathon sessions at the workbench or waiting for replacement parts (unless I'm hacking/modding/frankensteining). And nobody likes a broken bird hanging on the wall. I've discovered repair tricks that save time, money and get you right back in the air.

CARBON FIBER ARROW SHAFTS MAKE GREAT SPLINTS
CF arrow shafts are easy to find and they come in various diameter/wall thickness. Some quads allow the tube to be placed inside the body so the repair is hidden. For exterior splints, I cut the tube in half lengthwise. CF is easy to custom shape (I use files and sandpaper). After shaping the splint to fit, I lock it in place with UV glue (Laser Bond or similar). Gorilla glue is great stuff for interior repairs. It is a urethane adhesive that expands to shape (like a foam), lightweight and very strong. A dab of Gorilla glue will hold interior splints rock solid. For exterior splints I use only UV glue.

TAPE IS YOUR FRIEND
Strategically placed tape on canopies does much to strengthen joints. I am a tape geek, have an entire cupboard dedicated to various tape. My go-to tape for canopies is high temperature motor winding tape (that amber colored stuff you see on electric transformers). It sticks permanent till you want to pull it off, has high tensile strength, and very little stretch. That last part is important because a tiny bit of stretch is good for absorbing dynamic shock during a crash. And, the stuff looks kind of cool (if you place it well).

On quads with known weak points (like where your Bugs broke, or the motor pods on the XK 251), I will splint ahead of time because if done right, the quad will not break to begin with. I've had many toy quads that easily broke in a crash until I started taping canopies right out of the box, then far fewer breaks. And if I may be so bold... get rid of those tree hooks! Nothing flies better with prop guards.

EDIT: While I've great results with the UV glue holding splints, minutes after posting I clipped a pole with my XK 251 and shattered an older repair. It would appear my great idea just got humbled.
Last edited by skiz_eye; May 19, 2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Update
May 20, 2017, 11:03 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Aug 01, 2017 at 02:47 AM.