MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Camera Quad - Great or "Buggy"? (review) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2017, 03:01 AM

Price

Update - there are shipping issues at GearBest, the were unable to send B3 normal way, only by expedited shipping which is paid and quite visible at customs. So I had to cancel order there and use RCmoment - with RCNY9 coupon, the price is just 78.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2017, 06:38 AM
Closed Account
Just received it ..... I will probably publish my review here since I am absoluptly not the first. First news, the radio protocol is no more compatible with the X600/X800 so with the deviationTX. Need to capture some traces...
Jan 03, 2017, 06:44 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looking forward to your findings. Just tested LVC yesterday. The transmitter gives long beeps when the battery gets low. It did give the warning a little soon, at around 3.80 volts per cell, but it was also cold outside, around 0 degrees, and some wind too. So that might have caused the LiPo voltage to sag sooner than normally

Anyway, it's a nice feature, better than a buzzer or a flashing led on the quad. No matter how far away, you will always hear the LVC warning.
Jan 03, 2017, 07:09 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Looking forward to your findings. Just tested LVC yesterday. The transmitter gives long beeps when the battery gets low. It did give the warning a little soon, at around 3.80 volts per cell, but it was also cold outside, around 0 degrees, and some wind too. So that might have caused the LiPo voltage to sag sooner than normally

Anyway, it's a nice feature, better than a buzzer or a flashing led on the quad. No matter how far away, you will always hear the LVC warning.
hey Solo
now that we are talking about low voltage in cold weather
my kaideng k70 gave low voltage at 8,0 volts?? is that normal? (it whas yesterday) and we both live in the Netherlands so
Jan 03, 2017, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
hey Solo
now that we are talking about low voltage in cold weather
my kaideng k70 gave low voltage at 8,0 volts?? is that normal? (it whas yesterday) and we both live in the Netherlands so

8 volts is pretty high. Sounds like the battery voltage drops a lot under load, triggering LVC prematurely or the K70 attery is more affected by low temps. I flew "Bugs" yesterday, and he warning came at about 7.60 volts.
Jan 03, 2017, 08:19 AM
Thijs rc
thanks
i will try to fly it again tomorrow
Jan 03, 2017, 10:54 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavendish15
That's a sound advice, I'll start with that.
I would start by checking the balance on the blades

Mike.
Jan 03, 2017, 10:55 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012

Mike.
yes, i whas already suprised by the footage it got without balancing the props!
Jan 03, 2017, 10:59 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
yes, i whas already suprised by the footage it got without balancing the props!
Good or bad?
Jan 03, 2017, 11:20 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:

Mike.
good! if you ask me
Jan 03, 2017, 11:40 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
good! if you ask me
Cool. When it comes to balancing blades I'm a little OCD

Mike.
Jan 03, 2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Cool. When it comes to balancing blades I'm a little OCD

Mike.

Same here, I think a quad with balanced blades flies better, and sounds better too.
Jan 05, 2017, 03:44 AM

Spare battery

Ok, spare batteries are here, from RCmoment DE warehouse.

XT30 connector is available at model stores basically everywhere.

I suppose a thin layer of foam will be necessary to fasten the battery in the bay.
Jan 05, 2017, 09:40 AM
9 February 2017 - Update on the Bugs 3 ordeal. Gearbest never could find the package, so they refunded my payment after canceling the order. Now I have to pay $150.00 if I want one from Amazon.
I ordered a Bug 3 from Gearbest on 31 December 2016. Tracking shows it is in the Netherlands for some reason as of today. Hopefully there are no shipping problems with this as it shows no real tracking progress, just a picture of the of the parcel with a shipping label addressed to me. There is still a week or ten days before it is scheduled to be delivered before I start to worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavendish15
Update - there are shipping issues at GearBest, the were unable to send B3 normal way, only by expedited shipping which is paid and quite visible at customs. So I had to cancel order there and use RCmoment - with RCNY9 coupon, the price is just 78.
Last edited by FloridaAKM; Feb 09, 2017 at 11:14 AM.
Jan 05, 2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM
I ordered a Bug 3 from Gearbest on 31 December 2016.
Consider yourself lucky, mine is still in "processing" after 4 days.