Apr 20, 2017, 09:30 AM
GOT WINGS
No guarantee that 2S battery won't fry the controller, but I have used 2S lipo batteries a few times in transmitters that take 4 AAs and had no problems with them. I have also used 3S lipos in txs that need 6AAs. If you try it, I would suggest that the first time you hook it up you have the 2S battery at storage charge or less. I think it would work just fine. YMMV
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousPawn
Hey just saw this:

http://www.banggood.com/MJX-B2W-Bugs...l?rmmds=search

A little bit expensive though, don't you think?
WiFi FPV? It's useless... You'd better buy Bugs 3 and add camera, transmitter and googles.
This is my future build:
- CCD camera HS1184 (same as Foxeer XAT600M HS1177 but heavier an cheaper - 18$) - there is no jello effect like CCD camera does
- Quanum Cyclops 800 X 480
- Omni Cloud Spirit Antenna Set

now I'm waiting for
- Eachine TS832 600mW video transmitter
- DC Boost Converter (banggood ID 1100757)
- Power Filter for transmitter and camera if needed
Apr 20, 2017, 11:40 AM
Lurking...posting...
Has anyone had experience with LIHV batteries like this one

http://store.flitetest.com/g7-2s-900...-90cmax-4-35v/

These look to be a good alternative to using a 3S lipo on the Bugs. You get a power increase from the slightly higher voltage without a huge spike in amp draw like a 3S which can lead to esc burnouts. Only problems are you need a special lihv compatible charger and not to mention they're pretty pricey for a 900mah. I bet it's insane for stripped out flying with no extra weight though.
Apr 20, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousPawn
Hey just saw this:

http://www.banggood.com/MJX-B2W-Bugs...l?rmmds=search

A little bit expensive though, don't you think?
Thanks for sharing.

I'll guess that the FPV distance of 400-500m is way exaggerated, since it's using phone wifi. Then the flight distance quoted is twice what the Bugs3 quote is (which is already more than reality unless you're in the middle of nowhere). I'll be curious to see what eventually the reviewers say.
Apr 20, 2017, 12:22 PM
Lurking...posting...
The only way the Bugs 2 could get that fpv range using wifi is through a signal repeater which I'm assuming it might have in the video tx. Hubsan is using the same system for their H501A as well.

As for the 1km range, it's likely that the power output from the tx is increased compared to the Bugs 3 and maybe it has a better antenna on both tx/rx. I'm not sure how much the fpv can affect the range when activated but you probably won't get 1km even on open spaces with wifi fpv on.
Apr 20, 2017, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
So here is a question. I have a BUGS 3 and a few extra 2S lipos lying around. Can I install a 7.4V 2S battery in or on the controller instead of using the 4 AA batteries? Will an extra 1.4V mess up the controller?
I haven't tried 2s on my Tx, mainly because I found the drain on the rechargeable AAs to be pretty minor. Even after 8 flights in a day, the AAs still have enough for more flights. But since I'm charging my lipos to storage voltage at the end of the day, easy to put the AAs in their charger (4 place charger) at the same time.

If one doesn't fly frequently, I can understand the interest in lipos though, as they don't drain between usage. I tend to fly frequently.

Edit: By the way, a fully charged 2s will be 2.4v more (6v vs 8.4v)
Last edited by vashon10; Apr 20, 2017 at 05:12 PM.
Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 AM
I love RC!
I like mine so far!

GoPro Ready - MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Drone Quadcopter Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review (11 min 43 sec)
Apr 22, 2017, 06:21 PM
Syma x5c clone camera. 1.3 MP I believe.
Today, 04:32 PM
So has anybody talked about this so called upgraded version of B3, its blue, saw it on amazon. So what's upgraded about it anybody know, I really like the blue....Roost