Jan 01, 2017, 07:25 AM

Xiaomi Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
its should be albe to fit
rc escape did a flight test with the Xiaomi Yi cam
and there are also foam pads included
I'll look after it...
Last edited by cavendish15; Jan 01, 2017 at 07:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2017, 07:29 AM

Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I'll make some measurements of the camera holder. But as Thijs mentioned, it will probably fit most popular action cams, which are often about the same size
Found the review here, Xiaomi Yi fits (7:30 minutes)

There is a detailed comparison with GoPro3 and SJ4000:
http://fpv-flightclub.com/xiaomi-yi-...aomi-vs-gopro/
http://pevly.com/xiaomi-yi-vs-sjcam-sj4000/
Last edited by cavendish15; Jan 01, 2017 at 07:47 AM.
Jan 01, 2017, 07:42 AM

Battery

Bellow is an image with specifications I probably didn't read thoroughly - it says 2S 25C battery :-/

Found a good alternative here or here:

- no shipping cost in case it's on your continent already (from China I had to pay for battery shipping quite a lot)
- 2200 battery will fit the bay, get us to 15 minutes at least
- no problem with protective battery case since it's not available yet anyway

Any thoughts?
Jan 01, 2017, 08:55 AM
Mjx Bugs 3 is equipped with Altitude Hold ?
Jan 01, 2017, 09:09 AM

Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by resident1982
Mjx Bugs 3 is equipped with Altitude Hold ?
Nope.

No headless mode or return button either.

Clearly intended for big guys ;-)
Jan 01, 2017, 11:38 AM
always rc reviews!
return to home and headless are useless anyways, learning flying without is better
same with altitude hold
Jan 01, 2017, 02:54 PM

Jello

Now, the really big question:

How to get rid of jello at B3?
Jan 01, 2017, 03:16 PM
always rc reviews!
there isn't a hole lott of jello tho, best is to hang a gimbal under it
the walkera G-2D is very light, but i don't know for sure if it will handle a gimbal (it probably does)
Jan 02, 2017, 11:01 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
I've used this servo tape before to hold my ECS to my V4. Good stuff. I recommended it to a member to help with jello so, I sent him some to attach to 808 #16 to his large quad. He came back with excellent reviews and his vids looked much better.

https://www.helidirect.com/accessori...es-3pcs-1.html

Mike.
Jan 02, 2017, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
I've used this servo tape before to hold my ECS to my V4. Good stuff. I recommended it to a member to help with jello so, I sent him some to attach to 808 #16 to his large quad. He came back with excellent reviews and his vids looked much better.
Should help with Mobius-like cams, thanks.

I am going to use Xiaomi Yi, so the plan is to solve the problem like at Tarantula X6 - place the battery under the gimbal.

But the gimbal should be probably different than the one included, a version with balls or something. The one in the pack is probably too rigid.

What is your opinion, Henk?
Jan 02, 2017, 11:35 AM
always rc reviews!
its always worth trying without gimbal.
Jan 02, 2017, 11:49 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
its always worth trying without gimbal.
Yup. Henk flys many of his quads without a gimbal. Cam attached on top I believe. His vids are not too bad.

Mike.
Jan 02, 2017, 12:15 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Yup. Henk flys many of his quads without a gimbal. Cam attached on top I believe. His vids are not too bad.

Mike.

Indeed, I often just strap the camera on top, if I try a camera, but also tend to just record the FPV signal, if a camera is installed. A real gimbal will keep the camera level, while the quad tilts, so you get a steady shot. I prefer to have the camera fixed, to get a better feeling of being inside the quad, which you won't get if the image doesn't tilt with the movements. But when you want to make nice videos from above, showing the surroundings, a gimbal is a must.

The amount of shaking of the picture when no gimbal is used, largely depends on the balance of motors and props. If these are well balanced, even with a camera strapped on without any foam or so, the video should be rock solid. If there is unbalance, you will get more or less tearing up of the image/jello effect.
Jan 02, 2017, 12:41 PM
always rc reviews!
indeed. and what i have seen from the stock camera housing doesn't look bad either
like i said, its always worth a try
Jan 02, 2017, 02:37 PM

Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
The amount of shaking of the picture when no gimbal is used, largely depends on the balance of motors and props. If these are well balanced, even with a camera strapped on without any foam or so, the video should be rock solid. If there is unbalance, you will get more or less tearing up of the image/jello effect.
That's a sound advice, I'll start with that.