Dec 30, 2016, 11:38 PM

Spare batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM
Extra batteries don't seem to be available, so sourcing my own should not be a big problem like some other companies make it.
They are kind of available, just look for 7,4V 1800 mAh and the same number of wires (cells) + replace the connector for XT30.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2016, 12:03 AM

18% off

Yesterday I found two new reviews at YouTube and 18% discount promo code RC18OFF at this French guy page.

So it makes 80€ at GearBest whis is nice in comparison with all the other vendors.

Just ordered it, loooong three weeks ahead :-o
Last edited by cavendish15; Dec 31, 2016 at 12:31 AM.
Dec 31, 2016, 01:45 AM
What is the weight of the original battery? Seems that 2200mah 2S can fit.
Dec 31, 2016, 01:52 AM

Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngobanana
It's actually not important, since the drone is powerfull enough :-) Which one did you find?
Dec 31, 2016, 02:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavendish15
Here is the problem - there are 3 charging wires at your battery, 4 wires at battery from unboxing video from some other guy - is it possible they use two versions?
Maybe they've decided to bundle a 3S battery with it. I just hope that if they did, the tuning was also changed, as Frequent Flyer's experiment with 3S showed the quad became more wobbly with 3S, indicating some mismatched PID settings for the 50% extra power that going from 2S to 3S brings.

Quote:
Second posting mentions the weight of the stock battery, 112g.
Dec 31, 2016, 03:26 AM

Spare battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Maybe they've decided to bundle a 3S battery with it.
It could cause some nice confusion since the charger should have the right connector too.

Here are two screenshots from two reviews - it seems to me, at first, there are 3 wires (or 4?), at the second 4 wires.
Dec 31, 2016, 03:29 AM

Wires

Quote:
A picture will be better then. Bug 3 battery:
Henk, at B3, do you have really only 3 wires (meaning in charging connector)?
Dec 31, 2016, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Henk, at B3, do you have really only 3 wires (meaning in charging connector)?

The stock battery is 2S, so only 3 wires to balance plug. That review video you posted with the 4 wire battery, shows testing with an after market 3S battery, that is not the battery the Bugs 3 comes with, though it does fit, and apparently the electronics can handle the higher voltage.
Dec 31, 2016, 04:23 AM
Quote:
The stock battery is 2S, so only 3 wires to balance plug. That review video you posted with the 4 wire battery, shows testing with an after market 3S battery, that is not the battery the Bugs 3 comes with, though it does fit, and apparently the electronics can handle the higher voltage.
Perfect, I can order 2S batteries then, thanks.
Dec 31, 2016, 07:40 AM
My battery supplies have just the batteries you mention, in 1800 mah Zippys & 2200 mah Turnigy. They are new unused batteries that now have a home for themselves in the new year. My hopes for this drone is that MJX has a better quality control than they did on the F-645 helicopter series, which I have 4 left out of 9.
Quote:
They are kind of available, just look for 7,4V 1800 mAh and the same number of wires (cells) + replace the connector for XT30.
Dec 31, 2016, 01:05 PM

battery for BUGS 3

Quote:
It's actually not important, since the drone is powerfull enough :-) Which one did you find?
Zippy compact 2200 should fit with a weight of 113g only, this will give some extra flight time. Finally I will stick with 2S, BUGS 3 performances are pretty good enough and I've got other quads flying on 3S and 4S. I will certainly give a try to the 2S 2200 nano-tech 35C (size is almost the same).
Dec 31, 2016, 01:22 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Zippy compact 2200 should fit with a weight of 113g only, this will give some extra flight time. Finally I will stick with 2S, BUGS 3 performances are pretty good enough and I've got other quads flying on 3S and 4S. I will certainly give a try to the 2S 2200 nano-tech 35C (size is almost the same).
This is good stuff to know.

Henk, Any way to put together a list of batts that would be compatible to the Bugs? As information comes in, maybe you could add it on the first page or so. Is this doable?

Mike.
Dec 31, 2016, 03:51 PM

Xiaomi Yi

Does anybody has an idea if Xiaomi Yi Action fits in the mount?

The dimensions of the camera are 6 x 2.1 x 4.2 cm / 2.36 x 0.83 x 1.65 inches

I would appreciate the input.
Jan 01, 2017, 06:54 AM
always rc reviews!
its should be albe to fit
rc escape did a flight test with the Xiaomi Yi cam
and there are also foam pads included
Jan 01, 2017, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
This is good stuff to know.

Henk, Any way to put together a list of batts that would be compatible to the Bugs? As information comes in, maybe you could add it on the first page or so. Is this doable?

Mike.
Sounds ike a good idea.

Quote:
Does anybody has an idea if Xiaomi Yi Action fits in the mount?

The dimensions of the camera are 6 x 2.1 x 4.2 cm / 2.36 x 0.83 x 1.65 inches

I would appreciate the input.

I'll make some measurements of the camera holder. But as Thijs mentioned, it will probably fit most popular action cams, which are often about the same size