Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 19, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hey Guys, they are having a Flash Sale on this beauty. $89.00 bucks
I am watching it closely because I need to decide if it's gonna be X6 where I can get rid of jello (battery under the mount) or B3 (not enough info yet)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2016, 02:10 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing View Post
Pretty nice detailed look at this quad Solo. You'll be surprised to know that the Bugs 3 can actually run on a 3S battery as the ESCs are designed for 2-3s lipos according to the MJX site.

Frequent Flyer has made a video of it and it seems to have similar punchout with the X1 on 3S though it does wobble on hover slightly( could be a PID issue ) but for the most part flies fine
I remember picking up something about 3S. Wobble is probably PID related, difference between 2S and 3S is big. Even between 3S and 4S often a PID re-tune is needed, and that is only 33% more voltage, while 2S to 3S is 50% more voltage. Since there is no way to retune the FC on the Bugs 3, it might help to change the props. On the X1 I replaced the stock 6 inch props by 5046BN, and this made the quad more solid, less floaty. Might work for Bugs 3 too.

I intend to try a lighter battery. Like a Graphene 950mAh. Should also increase punch, as it removes about 50g of weight, but motor response remains the same, so the PID settings should not need retuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavendish15 View Post
I like this safe approach to the range test
Better safe than sorry is one of my main rules, especially with flying craft.

Quote:
Hey Guys, they are having a Flash Sale on this beauty. $89.00 bucks

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...=linkconnector

Henk, This is the link you provided from "gearbest."

Mike.

That's a nice price indeed.
Dec 20, 2016, 09:11 PM
Looks promising
Dec 20, 2016, 10:13 PM
Good job SPF.

This quad actually aiming to the people who need 'power/brushless', and 'cheap AP'
and MJX make it in between.
Therea lot video review, it very stable out of the box.

Now I also will intro this brushless quad to beginner or first timer then the X251
Dec 28, 2016, 12:04 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Eh Fellas the sale is on again this time for 92 bucks. I had no choice but to order from Amazon and they soaked me for 128 bucks...AARRGG. My Girls gave me Amazon gift cards for Christmas

The big sale:

I can't wait to get my hot little thumbs on the Bug

Mike.
Dec 30, 2016, 09:41 AM
Just ordered a red one from GB. Exactly what I was looking for, a big brushless intermediate flyer toy, already good for day / night with fast and easy camera and fpv mods and 3S compatible : )

By the way, battery size is 115x36x20 but can it fit a 21mm width battery ? I'd like to try a 1500mah 3S nano-tech.
Dec 30, 2016, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyngobanana View Post
By the way, battery size is 115x36x20 but can it fit a 21mm width battery ? I'd like to try a 1500mah 3S nano-tech.
You can probably get rid of the drawer in which is the battery placed...
Dec 30, 2016, 03:49 PM
The battery is about 20.50mm, so I doubt a 21mm battery will fit well, unless you remove or mod the battery holder.
Dec 30, 2016, 04:34 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
The battery is about 20.50mm, so I doubt a 21mm battery will fit well, unless you remove or mod the battery holder.
Looking at some pics, the lipo almost looks like a "AA" battery and not the traditional rectangular shape. That case is also a mystery to me. I love it though I love surprises and new "stuff."

She is still on the way....getting itchy fingers

Mike.
Dec 30, 2016, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Looking at some pics, the lipo almost looks like a "AA" battery and not the traditional rectangular shape. That case is also a mystery to me. I love it though I love surprises and new "stuff."

She is still on the way....getting itchy fingers

Mike.

The plastic case is just a shell around the actual lipo battery. Just like RC car batteries can be found in hardcase versions, where there is a plastic shell around the lipo.
Dec 30, 2016, 04:51 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
The plastic case is just a shell around the actual lipo battery. Just like RC car batteries can be found in hardcase versions, where there is a plastic shell around the lipo.
I know nothing about RC cars Henk.
Dec 30, 2016, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I know nothing about RC cars Henk.

A picture will be better then. Bug 3 battery:

You can see the silverish thing inside the plastic case, that is the label on the actual LiPo. The case is just protection, keeping the LiPo safe from most impacts.
Dec 30, 2016, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the link, I bought one also due to the price & the reviews. I want to fly without the camera in Hi mode just for its fun appeal. Extra batteries don't seem to be available, so sourcing my own should not be a big problem like some other companies make it.
Happy New YearUAV Pilots.
Quote:
Eh Fellas the sale is on again this time for 92 bucks. I had no choice but to order from Amazon and they soaked me for 128 bucks...AARRGG. My Girls gave me Amazon gift cards for Christmas

The big sale:

I can't wait to get my hot little thumbs on the Bug

Mike.
Dec 30, 2016, 07:04 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
Thanks for the link, I bought one also due to the price & the reviews. I want to fly without the camera in Hi mode just for its fun appeal. Extra batteries don't seem to be available, so sourcing my own should not be a big problem like some other companies make it.
Happy New YearUAV Pilots.
Don't thank me....thank SoloProfan (Henk).. I just follow his lead Henk is the best when it comes to reviewing quads of this scale.

He reviewed this particular quad (mjx bugs 3) for me. Thank you so much Henk. I know Henk's reviews are always fair and accurate

I plan to use the Mobius on mine

Mike.
Dec 30, 2016, 11:32 PM

Battery

Quote:
A picture will be better then.
Here is the problem - there are 3 charging wires at your battery, 4 wires at battery from unboxing video from some other guy - is it possible they use two versions?