MJX Bugs 3 Brushless Camera Quad - Great or "Buggy"? (review) - Page 112 - RC Groups
Nov 11, 2017, 08:39 PM
lol
painted my landing gear in white... and now I see this for the first time
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 12:01 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by On2_On4
lol
painted my landing gear in white... and now I see this for the first time
Look at the bright side....you saved some money

Mike.
Nov 13, 2017, 03:49 PM

Replacement arms

Are you like me and crash a lot? Have you broken an arm off of your Bugs 3? Do you own a 3d printer? If you answered yes to all 3 of these questions check out these arms I made and posted to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2643737
Nov 13, 2017, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARains
Are you like me and crash a lot? Have you broken an arm off of your Bugs 3? Do you own a 3d printer? If you answered yes to all 3 of these questions check out these arms I made and posted to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2643737
Very nice, I'd be interested to see how it holds up!

I also see you've updated the battery tray - it looks a lot more robust than the previous version. Might have to try printing it when my printer arrives!
Nov 13, 2017, 04:40 PM
Gonna need a lot more props...
Quote:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

This is CRUCIAL!

I'm about to make a 65mph+ bugs, this might be what I need to keep it together for more than a couple of runs!
Nov 14, 2017, 08:47 AM
Quote:
this is a great idea!

Is it possible to use the original long landing gear with your custom arms?
Nov 14, 2017, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know if there's a FPV app for Android that lets you to rotate the image? I have installed my FPV cam upside down but now, obviously, I need to rotate the image.
Nov 14, 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteof93
Does anyone know if there's a FPV app for Android that lets you to rotate the image? I have installed my FPV cam upside down but now, obviously, I need to rotate the image.
Turn auto-rotate in the phone off and flip the screen over!

Nov 14, 2017, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
Turn auto-rotate in the phone off and flip the screen over!

Obviously I have already tried to do what you suggested but the app FPViewer still rotates the image when I rotate the phone.
I tried another app, FPVDroid, which is working correctly but I can't use it in full screen mode. So I am still looking for a solution...
Nov 14, 2017, 02:15 PM
I have brought on board two more flyers of the Bugs 3 quad. Both of them are newbies and are still learning the curve, but neither is on this board as of now. I will probably have to buy a few more Bug 3 quads as time progresses. Are there any more coupon's for Gearbest for the Bugs 3 that you guys know of?
Nov 14, 2017, 02:20 PM
That's pretty sharp of you, printing your own parts. I don't break arms, just have flyaways of the complete Bugs 3. Now I know that if you are suffering a flyaway, kill power to the transmitter & the quad will fall out of the sky in a few seconds. Make sure you are over a grassy field. not trees or a concrete parking lot.
Quote:
Nov 14, 2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteof93
Obviously I have already tried to do what you suggested but the app FPViewer still rotates the image when I rotate the phone.
I tried another app, FPVDroid, which is working correctly but I can't use it in full screen mode. So I am still looking for a solution...
Flip the camera over.
Nov 18, 2017, 05:16 AM
Hey all, I'm trying to make a few plans while I'm away from the Bugs.

Would someone be willing to measure the square cutout in the middle of the white transmitter (the one which has 'Bugs' printed on it) and give me the exact dimensions?
Nov 18, 2017, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornhill
Hey all, I'm trying to make a few plans while I'm away from the Bugs.

Would someone be willing to measure the square cutout in the middle of the white transmitter (the one which has 'Bugs' printed on it) and give me the exact dimensions?
Thornhill , I get 31mm x 44mm measuring the size of the insert. I installed a volt meter and the insert just pushes in, easy to remove.....!!!
Nov 18, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX
Thornhill , I get 31mm x 44mm measuring the size of the insert. I installed a volt meter and the insert just pushes in, easy to remove.....!!!
Perfect, thanks!

Yeah I thought it must push out. I'm hoping to install something there myself.
The volt meter is for a lipo?