May 02, 2017, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Aw c'mon Pm. Sometimes you have to spice things up in your life

“Do one thing every day that scares you”. Eleanor Roosevelt supposedly said that but, that hasn't been proven. Regardless, I love that quote

Mike.
From the safety of the White House with secret service all,over she said that.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 08:18 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
From the safety of the White House with secret service all,over she said that.
Like I said "supposedly" It's never really been proven.
https://www.google.com/#q=do+somethi...ares+you+quote

Mike.
May 02, 2017, 08:30 PM
Epilepsy Awareness

Blades

Hey all, I just started shopping for some blades and I noticed many blades are made by a lot of different companies. Well, on Amazon they were. And they were different prices too.

Any of you folks get your blades at any particular place/store? Quality is important to me. I'd be buying 4 sets.

Thank you in advance

Mike.
May 02, 2017, 11:28 PM
I review RC Products
I took mine out on Sunday and wow do I love it! Some parts my GF missed when I was really zipping, but overall this video turned out pretty well, even flying in some stiff wind:

MJX Bugs 3 Drone Quadcopter Outdoor Maiden Flight In Strong Wind With Runcam 2 Flight Footage (5 min 53 sec)
May 03, 2017, 01:19 PM
Suspended Account
Last edited by Blue Bugs; Aug 01, 2017 at 02:57 AM.
May 03, 2017, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Hey all, I just started shopping for some blades and I noticed many blades are made by a lot of different companies. Well, on Amazon they were. And they were different prices too.

Any of you folks get your blades at any particular place/store? Quality is important to me. I'd be buying 4 sets.

Thank you in advance

Mike.
Im also very interested for an answer to this Mike.

I have found these and they are on a lower price than the originals, but I don't know if they are high quality.

Anyone knows if the originals are 8045?
Last edited by ViciousPawn; May 04, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
May 03, 2017, 05:11 PM
GOT WINGS
You can put 8045 blades on the Bugs, I have done it and it works ok, but they will probably cut a couple of minutes of flight time and may make the Bugs fly rougher in wind. I clicked on these in your post and could not open that link.
The stock blades are about 7.3 inches long and have a pitch of about 30 to 40, so they would be 7340s about.
I have tried about half a dozen different props and none are as good as the stock props, they just perform better and provide the longest flight times. The best I tried were Gemfan 7039s and they came close to the stock props so I used them for a while, but went back to the stock props. I bought them at MyRCMart because they had more than one color, but Banggood also sells the Gemfan 7039s. But you will also have to have some M5 cw/ccw nyloc nuts to use them.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
May 04, 2017, 12:24 AM
Thanks sirius. I corrected the link. Take a look here: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3279...e=600#autostay
Also the cheapest stock props I have found are these they seem to be original..
May 04, 2017, 08:42 AM
GOT WINGS
I think I would go with the stock props from BG. I got some Hubsan 501 props that look exactly like the stock props except for color, but they don't work well at all..
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
May 04, 2017, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooleman
The TX is not recognizing the calibration process at all. I follow the manual instruction "to the T" but I never get the three beeps. Very frustrating.
Hey Pooleman,

I've been searching the internet for the answer to this as well. Seems I have a similar problem as you not able to calibrate the TX by any of the methods posted online or in the users manual. I have a new TX with black slide switch on the left where the throttle trim would normally be. I never receive 3 beeps with any method used to calibrate mostly just constant beep beep quickening until it becomes a solid tone.

I've reached out to MJXRC support a couple times for the correct procedure to calibrate this revision of the TX and they either redirected me to the vendor I purchased from or ignored my email altogether. I reached out to Gearbest (my vendor) and after some time and providing them pictures and videos of the problem they made sure to inform me that "due to their intended usage, quadcopters, RC toys and wheels are excempt from our warranty policy and are only cover in DOA cases" and at the same time offered a small credit to my GB wallet to pacify me. They have not provided a correct procedure to me at this point.

My conclusion at this time is either I've received a defective TX, the function has been removed from this version of the TX or the manual is incorrect for this version. I've not seen anyone calibrate the TX with the black slide switch in any youtube video's. It would be nice to see someone do the calibration with this revision and maybe I could narrow it down. Sorry for the long post.
May 04, 2017, 09:01 AM
Lurking...posting...
MJX is really active with the Bugs line of quads

https://m.banggood.com/MJX-Bugs-9-Br...l?rmmds=search

Inverted flying with FPV sounds dizzying yet so rewarding at the same time. I doubt the price would be that low though, it'll probably rise to around $110 when it officialy goes on sale.
May 04, 2017, 09:29 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderLing
MJX is really active with the Bugs line of quads

https://m.banggood.com/MJX-Bugs-9-Br...l?rmmds=search

Inverted flying with FPV sounds dizzying yet so rewarding at the same time. I doubt the price would be that low though, it'll probably rise to around $110 when it officialy goes on sale.
not a big fan of the plastic frame, carbon would be better
May 04, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I think I would go with the stock props from BG. I got some Hubsan 501 props that look exactly like the stock props except for color, but they don't work well at all..
Did you check if the Hubsan props are balanced (or balanced them)? I got couple of them as well and I noticed that 1 blade is always much heavier (every Hubsan prop I got), so I tried to balance them. Will test it during the weekend probably.
On the other hand, the original props were balanced very well...
May 04, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs3newb
Hey Pooleman,

I've been searching the internet for the answer to this as well. Seems I have a similar problem as you not able to calibrate the TX by any of the methods posted online or in the users manual. I have a new TX with black slide switch on the left where the throttle trim would normally be. I never receive 3 beeps with any method used to calibrate mostly just constant beep beep quickening until it becomes a solid tone.

I've reached out to MJXRC support a couple times for the correct procedure to calibrate this revision of the TX and they either redirected me to the vendor I purchased from or ignored my email altogether. I reached out to Gearbest (my vendor) and after some time and providing them pictures and videos of the problem they made sure to inform me that "due to their intended usage, quadcopters, RC toys and wheels are excempt from our warranty policy and are only cover in DOA cases" and at the same time offered a small credit to my GB wallet to pacify me. They have not provided a correct procedure to me at this point.

My conclusion at this time is either I've received a defective TX, the function has been removed from this version of the TX or the manual is incorrect for this version. I've not seen anyone calibrate the TX with the black slide switch in any youtube video's. It would be nice to see someone do the calibration with this revision and maybe I could narrow it down. Sorry for the long post.
I like a long post. NO worries. I've gone as far as to try calibration methods that have worked on other TXs to see if anything works. I haven't found it yet.
May 04, 2017, 11:27 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Thanks Bud. Are these the ones? They look like they have a hole at the top.

https://www.banggood.com/MJX-X102H-R...l?rmmds=search

Mike.

Quick Reply