Mar 16, 2017, 08:28 AM
GOT WINGS
There are some restrictions on shipping Lipo batteries, some shipping companies will not even handle them, so when a vendor ships a battery they have to use whatever shipping is available to them. And I think that Lipo shippers often use surface shipping only, most of the restrictions apply to air transit. So a Lipo sent from China has to travel by sea, and I that takes longer plus I think it may take longer for the package to be processed. I am not a big fan of Gearbest, but I would not place the blame of slow Lipo shipping on them, there are too many other variables.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
There are some restrictions on shipping Lipo batteries, some shipping companies will not even handle them, so when a vendor ships a battery they have to use whatever shipping is available to them. And I think that Lipo shippers often use surface shipping only, most of the restrictions apply to air transit. So a Lipo sent from China has to travel by sea, and I that takes longer plus I think it may take longer for the package to be processed. I am not a big fan of Gearbest, but I would not place the blame of slow Lipo shipping on them, there are too many other variables.
Well they are shipping a BUGS 3 to me which comes with a LiPo battery and I'm getting it in 2 days via air delivery.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:52 AM
Lurking...posting...
I've seen a few reports already of the Bugs 3 ESCs getting hot with triblade props with a 3 cell battery. So it's safe to say that two blade 6045 props are the way to go with a 3s lipo? I'm guessing the ESCs aren't rated for high current purposes and are most likely only 12A at best which isn't adequate for 3 blade use(20A at least)
Mar 16, 2017, 11:23 AM
GOT WINGS
Lipo restrictions only apply to lipos shipped seperately, they do not apply to lipos shipped with a device where they are supposed to be installed in the device.
Latest blog entry: UMX Air Tractor BNF
Mar 16, 2017, 12:07 PM
Registered Fiend
I've pushed mine hard for up to 2 flights in a row with 1500 - 1800mah lipos with 6045 and triblades on the way.

Has anyone actually popped ESC yet with 6045 or triblades?
Are the ESC Blheli?
Mar 16, 2017, 12:09 PM
Got the tall/wide landing gear and anti-jello mount fitted. Now for the hard part... waiting for better weather. I'm curious to see what kind of video quality this setup will give.
By my scale the tall/wide landing gear weighs 0.4 ounces more than the stock tall gear.
Mar 16, 2017, 04:30 PM
Short question: how much stock battery weighs?
Mar 16, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb28
Short question: how much stock battery weighs?
Short answer: ~ 112 to 113 g
Mar 16, 2017, 06:03 PM
I couldn't wait! lol It was cold and a bit windy but I really wanted to get it in the air. All things considered, I'm happy with the quality of video.
$40 camera
$14 landing gear/cam mount
Stock Bugs3 and battery with prop guards installed. Was a little sluggish but not bad. Should fly better without prop guards but wasn't sure what to expect so took all precautions I could.

Recommend playing @ 1080p

MJX Bugs3 first video flight (4 min 36 sec)
Mar 16, 2017, 11:39 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
snow4brains, Nice vid and set-up. We all look for that perfect non "jello, shaky, terrible focus, lighting, etc, etc" video. I'm just getting started so, I have a lot to catch up on. Hey, I got my little Mobious that still works ok

Mike.

EDIT: Oh, Job well done
Last edited by Chap1012; Mar 16, 2017 at 11:46 PM.
Mar 17, 2017, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
snow4brains, Nice vid and set-up. We all look for that perfect non "jello, shaky, terrible focus, lighting, etc, etc" video. I'm just getting started so, I have a lot to catch up on. Hey, I got my little Mobious that still works ok

Mike.

EDIT: Oh, Job well done
Thanks Mike!
I definitely lucked out on this. I'm new at this myself but having a good time learning. The Mobious looks slick. I picked up what might be a cheap copy of that, one of those 808 keychain cams. It claims 1080p but think that's a stretch. lol
Take care.

Dave
Mar 17, 2017, 06:47 AM

GB Flash Sale Now Require DHL Shipping

Just got a note from GB saying their shipping policy has changed,
requiring DHL shipping for the item.

It is a clear case for " bait and switch"

I told them to cancel the "FLASH SALE" order
Mar 17, 2017, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtinker
Just got a note from GB saying their shipping policy has changed,
requiring DHL shipping for the item.

It is a clear case for " bait and switch"

I told them to cancel the "FLASH SALE" order
Same here, it still shows packed, so I've now gone via PayPal to get my money back.

Told GB to cancel the order and I'll have to look for decent webpage where I can order the bugs, or go for another drone altogether.

Well, it really, really sucks, f k gearbest, really
Mar 17, 2017, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRHF
Same here, it still shows packed, so I've now gone via PayPal to get my money back.

Told GB to cancel the order and I'll have to look for decent webpage where I can order the bugs, or go for another drone altogether.

Well, it really, really sucks, f k gearbest, really
Gearbest is very frustrating. I am receiving my Bugs today. They shipped it Tuesday. I paid the DHL (which is awful in my area). It came to $111 total. I can live with that.
Mar 17, 2017, 10:47 AM

GearBest Fake "Flash Sale"

All of a sudden, they say it is out of stock.

I hope they realize that these kind of false and un-ethical behavior
REALLY hurt the business.

For every dis-satisfied customer, they are losing 10 to 100!.

Quick Reply