Contests and Fly-Ins - RC Groups
Dec 16, 2016, 11:34 PM
Contest

Contests and Fly-Ins

Post your notices here. Please include a flyer or notice with contact information.

AMA District VIII Event Calendar

http://www.ama-dist-8.org/calendar_index.php

Thanks,
RJ
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Dec 20, 2016 at 01:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2016, 11:37 PM

Blackeyed Pea

This annual club event is open to all who wish to brave the weather (whatever it may be) and start the year off right with a flight.

See club website and contact club officers as necessary.
http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/

RJ
Jan 02, 2017, 10:58 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Good news everybody! Get your new toys out because we WILL be flying this Saturday, January 7th from 5 until 10. $5 landing fee and don't forget to tell your friends!

Also, the coaches have asked that we don't use the red chairs anymore. I'll have the bleachers out or you can bring your own.

All the info can be found in this thread: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...62&postcount=1

This is what we did last time:

More FPV Inductrix Racing in the Gym. (2 min 32 sec)

E-Flite Convergence VTOL (0 min 57 sec)

Thanks!

Ricky
My RC Hangar
Jan 18, 2017, 07:33 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Good news everybody! Get your new toys out because we WILL be flying this Saturday, January 21st from 5 until 10. $5 landing fee and don't forget to tell your friends!

Also, the coaches have asked that we don't use the red chairs anymore. I'll have the bleachers out or you can bring your own.

All the info can be found in this thread: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...62&postcount=1

My little girl, Hannah, will be selling Girl Scout Cookies this Saturday. Each box is $4.00 and they freeze very well for up to a year. The sale is going on from now until the end of February.

Here is what is available:

Thin Mints
Caramel DeLites (caramel, coconut, chocolate)
Peanut Butter Sandwiches (peanut butter sandwich with a peanut butter cream)
Peanut Butter Patties (peanut butter covered in chocolate)
Lemonades (short bread with a lemon frosting on the bottom)
Thanks A Lots (short bread with a chocolate covering on the bottom)
Shortbread
New! Girl Scout S'mores New! (graham cookie doubled dipped in creme icing and chocolate)

Thanks!

Ricky
My RC Hangar
Feb 15, 2017, 09:37 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Good news everybody! Get your new toys out because we WILL be flying this Saturday, February 18th from 5 until 10. $5 landing fee and don't forget to tell your friends!

Thanks!

Ricky
My RC Hangar
Mar 03, 2017, 09:36 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Good news everybody! Get your new toys out because we WILL be flying this Saturday, March 4th from 5 until 10. $5 landing fee and don't forget to tell your friends!

Thanks!

Ricky
My RC Hangar
Mar 06, 2017, 07:26 PM

SAE Event - Field Closed 3/9 - 3/12

The field is closed to normal operations this coming weekend as we are hosting the SAE event (3/9 - 3/12). We'll have several hundred engineering students from around the world competing in this event (+ spectators).

If you have never attended one of these events, please come out and watch on Sat. and Sun. when the flying will take place. It's very interesting and you will see very unique designs along with the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

RJ
Apr 11, 2017, 10:24 PM

Dallas RC Fun Fly

Hello Friends and Neighbors:

This is a reminder of the Dallas R/C Club SPRING FUN FLY that will be Saturday, April 15.

There has been a slight change in the arrangements for the event. We usually enjoy the
efforts of the Seagoville Boy Scouts who have been feeding us at our events.

Never fear……. We have engaged the services of a full blown catering service to take care
of us and or appetites!
As a surprise treat, BREAKFAST will be available for those who want to arrive a bit early.

Come on out and enjoy what the weather man says will be a great day for flying.

Weston Moore
Dallas R/C Club
Jul 10, 2017, 05:09 PM
SPA Contest - July15’th at Thunderbird Field

See Flyer attached ....

+
Jul 20, 2017, 05:08 PM

Thunderbirds summer float fly - aug. 5, 2017

Open to all types of R/C seaplane and float plane models (fixed or rotary wing).

Come join us at beautiful Camp Joy Park on Watercress Drive in Lake Worth, TX for a great float fly.

Raffle items include a Dynam PBY, Fuel, Gift Cards, and Miscellaneous RC items GPS Coordinates: 32.8145, -97.4905

AMA required. This is an AMA sanctioned event (17-885). Landing fee is $20.00. Pilot lunch included.

Chris Berardi: mikadopilot@gmail.com
Aug 03, 2017, 06:19 PM

Dallas RC Fun Fly

Hello Friends,

We are just getting a head start letting everyone know that we have scheduled
our Fall Fun Fly and Swap Meet for Saturday, October 14, 2017.

See the attached flier for details.

Come on out and join in the fun.

Wes Moore
Dallas R/C Club
Aug 07, 2017, 12:59 AM

Nacogdoches/Lufkin RC Event

This is shaping up to be a really great event this year. We will have the Stearman again and will have drone races as well. We hope you can join us for the fun time!

Attached is the flyer for our joint club flyin September 23rd.
The event will be held at the A.L. Manghum Jr. Regional Airport in
Nacogdoches. TX

Dave Hinson
Nacogdoches and Lufkin RC Clubs
Aug 11, 2017, 03:02 PM

National Model Aviation Day - Thunderbird Field

Sat. Aug. 19, 2017 10AM - 2PM

For more information: Ed Kettler 469-867-7981, ed.kettler@gmail.com

Be sure to click the link below to view the Flyer ....
Aug 29, 2017, 02:53 AM

Richardson Radio Control Club 2017 Big Bird and War bird

The Richardson Radio Control Club will be hosting their 2017 Big Bird and War bird Fun Fly Jamboree on October 1, 2017. Please forward the attached flyer to your members.
Thank you,

Jimmy Laird, Secretary RRCC
Aug 31, 2017, 10:28 PM

114th annual 'Warbirds over Grapevine" - Saturday October 7th.

Please mention to your membership that the 114th is having our annual 'Warbirds over Grapevine" event on Saturday October 7th.

This is a fun event where all the proceeds go to Snowball Express, a 4 star rated charity supporting the children of of our fallen veterans since 9/11.

Great food as always. A first class raffle. Trophies for A) Best WW-II era Warbird flight and B) Best post WW-II era flight ( Yes, EDF's are welcome)

Hope to see you guys at our field on October 7th !

Dave Halker

CD- Warbirds over Grapevine

Secretary- 114th RC Aero Squadron

(954)-729-7253
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Sep 04, 2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Add flyer