1/10 DESERT BUGGY HuanQi 739...looks like Kyosho scorpion xxl - RC Groups
Dec 16, 2016, 05:39 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Cool

1/10 DESERT BUGGY HuanQi 739...looks like Kyosho scorpion xxl

Latest updates: 19 Jan 2017

I just received the buggy! Yay! looks cool, scale and sturdy looking!
Best looking sand bashing buggy!

My personal written review article on 739:
http://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-a...d-desert-buggy

739's details:
Products link: http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_543742.html
Gallery (Constantly updated): http://www.supermotoxl.com/resources...9-desert-buggy

739 Essential/Must do upgrade:
Differential + Steel diff cup upgrade: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=73

================================================== ================================

Photos:

Videos:
FPV cockpit drive! - HuanQi 739 1:10 2WD Desert Buggy (6 min 49 sec)

HuanQi 739 1:10 2WD Desert Buggy - Part 2 Dirt time! courtesy from GearBest.com (3 min 1 sec)

HuanQi 739 1:10 2WD Desert Buggy - Part 1 Unboxing courtesy from GearBest.com (9 min 36 sec)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Hey guys! Need some help bcos i went over looking for some nice 'scale' like buggy to bash especially 2WD and stumble upon this "HUANQI 739" at Gearbest that looked almost like KYOSHO Scorpion sand rail type buggy almost cross about baja 5b rear end. I like the looks of it. Here the links: http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_543742.html

Unfortunately i can't find any photo whats under the lexan body shell and overall chassis structure at the time of posting this topic.
Anyone has any idea or info about this chassis. I don't see any clones or rebranded look a like around the market. I'm trying to get something before Christmas. If i get this i'm going to strip the sticker and change the front wheel to proper sand rail type wheel. I'm torn between Tamiya Hornet or this.

...more likely to pus scale FPV on it.
Last edited by ican3d; Feb 17, 2017 at 12:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2016, 10:15 AM
Nice buggy, good alternative to the SCBs from AE and Losi. I'd go with this one over the Hornet. I just bought my first Grasshopper (long story) and it really can't compare to my more modern buggies. $93 shipped to the US is really inexpensive, I wonder what the insides look like as well.
Dec 18, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy GunDam
Nice buggy, good alternative to the SCBs from AE and Losi. I'd go with this one over the Hornet. I just bought my first Grasshopper (long story) and it really can't compare to my more modern buggies. $93 shipped to the US is really inexpensive, I wonder what the insides look like as well.
I agree about it being better than a Hornet or Grasshopper, those cars are great for nostalgia but terrible for off road handling. The truth is there's a lot of Chinese stuff out there that beats those old hobby grades for sophistication.

I haven't seen the chassis of this particular buggy but I've seen some of their other stuff and it looks like pretty modern hobby grade construction inside.
Dec 18, 2016, 07:45 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Awesome comments guys, had budget for Hornets for nostalgia and scale looks, but after thinking a bit Hornet rear are straight axle and Grass hopper is on 380 motor can on solid rear axle too. With HuanQi 739 its fully independent suspension basher. Just make some mods on its body it will look more scale like Kyosho Scorpion. But again we don't know whats under the 739 hood...arrggghhh!! why the heck they never show the innards? Google search doesn't help much.
Dec 18, 2016, 07:47 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Hopefully i can get it before Christmas to team up with my other Kyosho sand buggy 2WD for weekends.
Dec 19, 2016, 12:20 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Okay, i'm getting it from GB, i don't see any shop around carry a739. I might shop extra scale sand rail buggy wheels; rear sand pedal tyre and rail type front tyre later. Also put in FPV hardware into the cart.
Dec 28, 2016, 06:17 AM
ultra cheap pilot

Awesome!!!

YES I GOT IT!!!! Just arrived from GearBest.com !!
I was right this thing looks so wicked awesome in hands!! Very beefy! scale like sand buggy. Smooth big bore shocks, beautiful roll cages, nice driver, studdy wide tires, metal dogbone/drive cups, full ball bearings and solid looking body. The internal chassis also looks nice! The plastic looks like it can take the beatings. The looks is very Baja like! I like it so much! Can't wait to hit the dirt this weekends

Photos:

Dec 28, 2016, 06:27 AM
ultra cheap pilot

Comparison with other 2WD sand buggies

Here are lineup 1/10 scale comparison between other 2WD sand buggies
HUANGI SAND BUGGY vs KYOSHO SAND MASTER vs TEAM C BUGGY

Comparison (Photos):

Dec 28, 2016, 08:46 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Very nice. It is certainly a good looking buggy, and looks to be a nice package. I have the Huanqi 735 4WD buggy and have been enjoying it. The plastics quality is definitely on par with the better known name brands out there.
Dec 28, 2016, 08:54 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Thanks, going to put some FPV mods and also repaint the driver to scale looks.
Dec 28, 2016, 09:00 AM
Born again RC'er
How is the wheelbase / track width compared to a 1/10 SCT/SCB?

It does look nice in pictures. Odd battery size for a 1/10, though.
Dec 28, 2016, 09:05 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
My 735 uses that same battery. Super Shorty Lipos like this Nano Tech should be a direct fit, and will probably perform better than the stock battery.
Dec 28, 2016, 02:53 PM
Looks good! A shorty pack will definitely increase the run time considerably.
Dec 28, 2016, 06:47 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
How is the wheelbase / track width compared to a 1/10 SCT/SCB?

It does look nice in pictures. Odd battery size for a 1/10, though.
I don't have SCT but on SCB they looks almost the same width. Ground clearance seems to be high too. The stock battery is 2s 2000mah Li-on which is why it looks very compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
My 735 uses that same battery. Super Shorty Lipos like this Nano Tech should be a direct fit, and will probably perform better than the stock battery.
It could fit longer pack such as 2200mah~ 3300mah li-po from what i can see since much space taken by the receiver/ESC box in the battery bay. If i move it out to the side it will fit bigger back like any pro 2WD chassis does. I need to change the Dean plug to XT60 to accommodate lipo pack tonight.
Dec 28, 2016, 07:07 PM
ultra cheap pilot
I checked the gear box just now, pretty much standard like any pro 2WD buggies: have metal motor mounting, metal/brass pinion gear, spur gear with adjustable slippers. Gear case cover lock in with 2x screws.

Photos:

Minor few second fix.
I did chiseled few plastic off from the inner side of the cover since it was obstructed by on top of motor mounting screw below causing the plastic case not sealed properly, the gap will caused some sand to pour in. Few seconds fix and the gear case is sealed tight properly

Photo: