Dec 16, 2016, 04:44 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine Beecore F3 EVO Brushed ACRO FC (Flysky mode)

Hi All,

I have created this thread to deal specifically with the 'Flysky' version of the Eachine Beecore F3 EVO Brushed ACRO Flight controller. The reason being that Flysky specific posts seems to be getting lost amongst the general chit-chat and other modes.

Feel free to discuss the Flysky specific model of this FC here, including any problem or success storeys.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2016, 04:50 AM
Thread OP

Problem: Laggy/unresponsive ppm data from builtin Rx

(Sorry - this is a cross post but as stated above it was immediately lost amongst the other chat, admin feel free to delete in other threads).

I am experiencing problems with the Flysky version of this FC. It seems the built in Rx is struggling to maintain a stable PPM data stream. It is very laggy and unresponsive sometimes taking multiple seconds to reflect changes from the Tx and occasional completely drops out.

This can be easily seen in the Cleanflight/Betaflight GUI's looking at the UI with 10ms refresh. Even more noticeable when trying to fly with fresh batteries when it may take seconds to react to being armed or throttle up and lock into the last control positions it received.

This is very frustrating, I have gone through pretty much everything I can think of to diagnose and fix the problem, including refreshing my Tx with latest firmware.

Assuming the Rx is software based it could be that it is CPU bound but as I have done everything I can to reduce the load on the CPU by turning of all unused features and lowering the PID loop time I've gotten to a point where I can only assume it's a design/implementation issue.

There seems to be someone else experiencing the same issue : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post36426920

Who has had success/issues the the Flysky version of this controller?
Dec 16, 2016, 07:40 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I highly doubt the flight controller is running the receiver in software. Since that would mean as soon as you change the FC's software, you would lose your receiver, since general Cleanflight or Betaflight releases don't have a software part built-in for emulating a receiver. Also, a receiver needs some hardware to accept the signals coming from the antenna, and convert to pulses that contain control info. A flight controller doesn't contain hardware to do this. Basically it's set of gyro sensors, and a processor with some memory, and a few communication ports, to connect a receiver, buzzer, OSD, etc.

What transmitter are you using btw?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 16, 2016, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
> I highly doubt the flight controller is running the receiver in software. ...

I completely agree and you have some good points. I haven't looked closely at the hardware myself but the only way it could be software based is if the decoding side of the signal processing is done in a second microcontroller on the Rx side (unlikely) - most likely a hardware solution as you say.

Regardless of implementation. On the bases of the Rx module being separate, no amount of firmware updates or parameter tweeking is going to fix the reception issues.

> What transmitter are you using btw?

Flysky FS-I6

I have tried this with the 10ch mod and without. It does bind but the LEDs don't behave as described in the docs when binding. I didn't know if it had sucessfully bound until I checked the GUI.

Assuming others have no issues. I guess the only conclusion left is that for anyone experiencing this problem the FC must be faulty. Maybe a manufacturing issue or a tolerance issue on components?

Would like to hear from others.
Last edited by funkymonkey; Dec 16, 2016 at 08:46 AM.
Dec 21, 2016, 05:39 AM
funkymonkey I have exactly the same problem, terrible lag on Beecore with Flysky FS-i6.
Some thoughts:
1) It's definitely the board, transmitter works fine with other receivers
2) The responsiveness depends on distance of TX against the RX, eg. I noticed almost zero responsiveness when TX is right next to RX or more than few meters
3) How the RX antenna is positioned makes a difference (flat on board against with some angle)
4) Trying to "aim" with TX antenna on the flying quad sometimes let's get lost control back

Overall, this obviously makes the board totally unusable and needs a fix and I suspect it's a hardware problem. funkymonkey have you tried contacting Banggood?

// edit
I made a video presenting the problem and contacted Banggood customer support. Let's see what will be their answer.

Beecore LAG PROBLEM (Flysky receiver) - Banggood (1 min 15 sec)
Last edited by rafalzawadzki; Dec 25, 2016 at 05:09 AM.
Dec 22, 2016, 03:21 PM

Me too

I have the same problem. Contacted banggood.com on 21st of December, but still didn't receive any answer which is odd, since they always replied very fast.

I tried to examine the problem and found that on a7105 chip the VT and Ground pins are directly connected. On all my other Flysky receiver based on that chip these two pins aren't connected. I checked on microscope that the supposed short circuit isn't visible so I couldn't remove it. I don't know if that is the cause of the weak signal but I wanted to present my observation.

Tomasz
Dec 22, 2016, 04:55 PM
UGH! So the Flysky version is crap? Should I even bother putting mine in my TW?
Dec 23, 2016, 07:15 AM
Hi All,

same issue here , just received the board , flashed to BF and latency is just awfull.

Disappointed... hope BG will reply soon.

Thanks

btw : I've changed the frequency in BF to 4Khz / 4Khz...seems worst do you have the default params ?
Dec 23, 2016, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomaszLegowski
I tried to examine the problem and found that on a7105 chip the VT and Ground pins are directly connected.
Tomasz are you sure about your findings? I checked my board and the VT is not grounded. It seems to be wired correctly to the capacitors nearby according to the scheme from the datasheet (see attachment).
Dec 23, 2016, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Tomasz are you sure about your findings?
100% sure. Although it is interesting that you have the same problem with your board and no short circuit. Apparently the issue result from something else.

Tomasz
Dec 23, 2016, 11:17 PM
So what's this laggyness y'all are talking about? Like what exactly are the symptoms? I just got my Flysky Beecore setup and installed and upped my motors from 14,500kv to 16,500kv motors and with the Beecore it's like a tiny whoop on crack! The only problem I'm having is I have the modes on a 3 pos switch and angle mode works but when I switch it to horizon mode it's like it's in full acro, when I flip it to what should be the acro mode it's the same, so for me I can't get horizon mode to work. Horizon mode is still self leveling but at full stick input it should flip over right? I'm running the stock clean flight btw. Maybe beta flight has something to do with the laggyness?
Dec 24, 2016, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Maybe beta flight has something to do with the laggyness?
Not at all. I tested with cleanflight and betaflight. Exactly the same symptoms.
Quote:
So what's this laggyness y'all are talking about?
The symptoms are pretty well depicted in earlier posts so no need to write it again. I can assure you that if you can fly with your Tiny Whoop than your board don't have that problem.
Dec 24, 2016, 12:59 AM
Maybe we can use my board as a working test subject to help y'all indentify what could be wrong with your boards?
Dec 24, 2016, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Theodin88
Maybe we can use my board as a working test subject to help y'all indentify what could be wrong with your boards?
Honestly I have no clue how to compare the boards, but maybe you could make a dump of your Betaflight settings so we could at least exclude any software problems?
Dec 24, 2016, 05:16 PM
Sure thing! I gotta go to church and a family dinner but when I get back I'll get a dump pic for y'all.

Quick Reply