KAPOW mixing - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 15, 2017, 04:07 PM
Registered Taranis User
I'm trying to figure out what you mean because it would be easy to program with a Taranis, but when you wrote "launch mode" did you really mean landing mode?

And if you meant landing mode, Tuomo, in the post above yours, said that "Additionally it is anyway a good practice to fly the last few meters of landing approach with neutral trailing edge."
Latest blog entry: Taranis: Aileron-To-Rudder Mix.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2017, 05:34 PM
There is a piece to this puzzle that many, ok most, people miss. I ALWAYS intend to close the flaps at the instant of nose over, and I do MOST of the time. When I do, that would turn off Kapow mix if initiated by the flap stick in a flap stick initiated landing mode. That is why Kapow needs to be active in all of the modes you may end up nosing over in. Don't think about the perfect approach, but any and all modes you might be coming to the spot in. That's why my Kapow mix is active in all modes other than launch, zoom reflex, and reflex.
Jan 16, 2017, 01:55 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins
There is a piece to this puzzle that many, ok most, people miss. I ALWAYS intend to close the flaps at the instant of nose over, and I do MOST of the time. When I do, that would turn off Kapow mix if initiated by the flap stick in a flap stick initiated landing mode. That is why Kapow needs to be active in all of the modes you may end up nosing over in. ...
This was my thought when looking at the rc-soar.com program for the Taranis.

I worked all last year to make my fingers push both sticks to the top during landing. Doing this would negate the mix (as one of the key parameters would be false, in landing mode). Granted I haven't tried the new program from rc-soar yet. I am using the previous F3J one that was up there. I thought about mixing it in on my own.

I might have to wait a while to do this as the first contest of the year is coming up and I'm not going to change to something like this without having some practice time under my belt. Also, Sensi Jody and Master Jeff, the two I know using the mix, must approve of my landing skills before I throw something new in the mix.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Jan 16, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins
[...]That's why my Kapow mix is active in all modes other than launch, zoom reflex, and reflex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr83
This was my thought when looking at the rc-soar.com program for the Taranis. .
Point taken!

In fact, a simple mod will do what you want, i.e. pull Kapow from any flight mode except Launch and Zoom: in the Logical Switches menu, edit L10, removing the reference to 'L6'. I'll make this the default for the next version.

F3J Setup v3.0 for Taranis/Horus
Last edited by mikeshellim; Jan 16, 2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added link, and clarification