FrSky Redundancy Bus 10 - Page 14 - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 04:17 PM
FJH
FJH
Stock should have same polarity for RX1 IN and RX2 IN. Anyway good to hear that you now got it working.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2017, 05:59 PM
Another addition to possible conclusions: The firmware renewal worked, but it didn't set the polarity to stock wich should native "negative sbus" as FrSky is stating. So when having problem: > Renew the firmware, change polarity from the bounded receiver with solid green light, that gives a red light on the RB10. Can be both RV1 and RV2 are having not the correct set start positions for your sytem,
Nov 12, 2017, 01:08 AM
Ok, I've been fighting this thing for a couple hours now and I can't get it to work right. I'm working with an XSR, an X4RSB, an X8R, and an XM receiver with the Redundancy Bus-10. I've tried all of them. No matter what only one will link to the transmitter when hooked up to the bus. It's usually the XM that does. One will go green and the other will flash red slowly. I followed the proper steps I think. Bind the telemetry receiver first, then bind the XM receiver second. Is it perhaps a radio setting? I'm running an X9D Plus. When binding though, when I set to receiver 01, I get a message that says Model ID already exists. Not quite sure what that means. I have it set to DR16 as well, as if I set it to anything else it takes away the option for multiple receivers. Please help, I dunno what I'm doing wrong but it's damn frustrating.
Nov 12, 2017, 01:47 AM
Forget the RB10 for a moment. Can you get each of the receivers to bind with the internal module of your transmitter? I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the receiver number, try binding them all as 00 to start with. D16 mode,
Nov 12, 2017, 12:22 PM
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was changing receiver numbers when I should have left it on 1 for both. And I also had it set up as channel 1-8 when it should have been 1-16 (I think).
Nov 12, 2017, 01:30 PM
FJH
FJH
Good to hear that you also got it working. Just a comment regarding the XM receiver, hope you are aware that the XM is not full range. If you need full range you better take the XMplus.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:05 PM
What do you mean?
Nov 12, 2017, 02:15 PM
FJH
FJH
You have listed several Rx in your first post and all are full range except the XM. That is why I proposed to use for an RB10 setup an XMplus instead.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:32 PM
I meant what do you mean by not full range. If you mean distance the transmitter controls that.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:41 PM
FJH
FJH
Right, I mean control distance. The XM is specified for about 600m while full range receivers are for 1.5km
Nov 12, 2017, 03:55 PM
That also is controlled by the transmitter. But I’m not worried about that, 600m is plenty for me. I fly all LOS.
Nov 12, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assocracer
That also is controlled by the transmitter.
Not in this specific case. The transmitter sends the same signal with the same power regardless of the receiver used.
Nov 13, 2017, 02:44 AM
Yes, XM (no plus) is for small park flyer quads only. Don't use it on a bigger plane. Using it on the RB makes no sense and is only a waste of money and space.
Nov 13, 2017, 09:40 PM
For those of us who need more than 8 channels, it seems, per post #47, that one can use the 8 outputs on the RB10 for servos plus additional servos (or ignition kill) on of the connected RX's.

1. is that real? - how would you configure the channels on each RX?
2. since the power for each RX is coming thru SBUS, there'd be a serious current limitation, just as if using an SBUS 4 ch decoder with pins on the SBUS out of the SB10?
3. Would I just be better off using the bigger RB unit?

thanks!
Nov 13, 2017, 10:55 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
if you can fit the larger unit - thats the easy button