Dec 15, 2016, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum PowerSafe receivers with Telemetry

I've been waiting a long time for this announcement!

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Search/De...hTerm=SPM_PTSD

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2016, 01:11 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Nice to see these arrive to join the telemetry-enabled line.

Now where's the end-pin AR410T ? ;-)
Dec 15, 2016, 06:02 PM
Hi Andy,

I note that like the other Power Safe receivers, the main unit does to seem to have an internal receiver and uses 2 or 3 Remote Receivers. Does this mean the telemetry data is actually broadcast by the Remote Receivers ?

No doubt everyone will want to know if it is broadcast by all the receivers, some of them, alternately between them, only from the best etc etc ?

Thanks,
Jag
Dec 15, 2016, 06:07 PM
Only from the internal. The only remote capable of transmitting is the 4649T. And it would be hard synchronizing all of them. They can all receive at the same time, but only one can transmit.
Dec 16, 2016, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Nice to see these arrive to join the telemetry-enabled line.

Now where's the end-pin AR410T ? ;-)
+1 on that. That would be nice for DLG, hotliners. But PLEASE with XBUS ! Don't think that only voltage is enough. We want eventually a vario, capacity, gps....
That would be probably a AR410eT

What I like about the new Powersafe RX is the pricing. It is not so ridiculous if you think what you get in one package.
Better have a good look at the beta testers. I bet there are some bugs when they are released. Which would be a huge turn-off....

I just read the manual. This time not as bad as I thought. I missed 2 things, first mentioning of the integrated dual receiver pack sensor and that the 2 internal anrennas are responsible for telemetry, so better place them with brain turned on.

But I think telling Spektrum on and on that the manuals are (were) crap changed something....

Thanks Andy for kicking some asses. I bet Andy is repsonsible for lots of changes
Last edited by Mukenukem; Dec 16, 2016 at 04:12 AM.
Dec 16, 2016, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Nope, I'm on the transmitter team. But I'm glad to hear that our second-most-critical manual complainer is happy

Andy
Dec 16, 2016, 03:16 PM
The most critical is.... Andy ?
Dec 16, 2016, 04:11 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Very cool! Glad to see these come to market. I could have used one in a build this week.
Dec 20, 2016, 10:13 AM
would the AR9130T be a good long range RX for FPV using a DX9?
Dec 20, 2016, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Just as good as any of our other multi-remote receivers.

Andy
Dec 20, 2016, 04:13 PM
You don't need a Powersafe RX for long range flying.
Dec 20, 2016, 04:24 PM
ThatFlyinRyan

Look

Spektrum Sat antenna mod (4 min 26 sec)
Dec 20, 2016, 04:33 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
would the AR9130T be a good long range RX for FPV using a DX9?

As the guys above said it makes no difference whether it is a PowerSafe RX or not. But you need to define long range. Long range means different things to different folks and you may need something lower than 2.4 GHz.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 04:37 PM
ThatFlyinRyan
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while ThatFlyinRyan edits it.
Dec 20, 2016, 04:38 PM
Andy
The manual states that the 20 channel power safe includes a built in XPus 8 module. It also simply lists the resolution as 2048. When used with a DX18, would all 18 channels be 2048 resolution, suitable for flight controls or would channels 13-18 be 512 resolution with variable latency, not suitable for flight controls as has been said of channels connected to an XPlus module in the past ?

Wayne
Last edited by wfield0455; Dec 20, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply