Feb 23, 2017, 09:50 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin1 View Post
You wouldn't be the only one to say that. Great video.

How big are the cowls on the DS Connie, diameter and length?
Edwin
I can't help you with numbers no' mo', but 5" is in the Ball Park....
I just got word of a NIB full kit for half the MSRP...at an Estate sale. -by 'Kit Cutters' I think....I'll be back with more info.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2017, 11:01 AM
Don't bother, build que is full and I cut my own parts. I'm ramping up for a DS B-29 build to start in a month or so. Still buying nickle and dime stuff. I'll be busy with this one for a year or two.
Edwin
Feb 23, 2017, 11:12 AM
CC (Certified Curmudgeon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I can't help you with numbers no' mo', but 5" is in the Ball Park....
I just got word of a NIB full kit for half the MSRP...at an Estate sale. -by 'Kit Cutters' I think....I'll be back with more info.
It does sound tempting but I'm afraid to ask what MSRP was. Kit Cutters were proud of their work.
Feb 23, 2017, 12:28 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerinokc View Post
It does sound tempting but I'm afraid to ask what MSRP was. Kit Cutters were proud of their work.
The list on this particular kit was $595 then ! It would be $300 plus shipping if the grapevine holds true. -A reasonable price, in my mind..
Feb 23, 2017, 12:35 PM
I see what you mean.
Feb 27, 2017, 06:18 PM
Has anyone here had experience using Evercoat Lightweight Filler?
Another modeller building the connie showed a can of it on his build log and said he was using it.
Is it really "lightweight"?
I want to use a filler on the fuselage of the connie to level out any dips in the shape.
I am going to glass over the final shape with 1/2oz cloth.
Any suggestions regarding fillers would be appreciated.
Feb 27, 2017, 07:08 PM
I use it, and like it. Been using the two part evercoat for years. Mix small batches, the cure time is fairly quick. I don't mix any more than what can be spread in a few minutes. It's sandable in 30 minutes. Sands very easy.

Don't use the one part evercoat in the tube, it's red in color. It shrinks up after a few days.

Edwin
Feb 27, 2017, 07:46 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
Plus 1 on the 'one part'...shrinkage is excessive...
The two part stays exactly as you leave it.
Feb 28, 2017, 10:51 AM
I use light weight Spackle with good results. Easy to sand and gives a smooth surface for glassing. The only caveat is there is nothing structural about it it's strictly for filling depressions.
Feb 28, 2017, 01:36 PM
The spackle has its place. I use it in areas that need a little gap filled in sheeting. Sometimes a little ca with it helps to harden it up a little.
Edwin
Feb 28, 2017, 05:46 PM
I saw that epoxyearl mentioned that he did not like the evercoat in the rube. This is "blade putty" and is designed to go on after the filler primer to smooth out any very small imperfections. It is applied with a spatula and in VERY thin layers. Great product if used correctly.
Feb 28, 2017, 09:34 PM
Yup the stuff in the tube is oft referred to as "glazing putty" not meant for filing anything of size , likw adder said minor surface imperfections and used very thin.
Doc
Mar 01, 2017, 07:36 AM
N = R* fp ne fl fi f
Thread OP
Just want to redirect here.....back to motor snyc for a second. I found the bloke to ask....

Video of starting 12 OS .60 Four Strokes......Do we think the maiden of this beauty was a knee knocker ???

GIGANTIC RC SCALE FLYING BOAT DORNIER DO X / Faszination Modellbau Friedrichshafen 2016 (12 min 45 sec)

From the Wiki :

"Dr. Dornier designed the flying boat to carry 66 passengers on long-distance flights or 100 passengers on short flights."

Think of the airfare in todays coin for a 1st class ticket on a 12 engine flying boat that carried 66 people......small country GDP comes to mind...
Mar 01, 2017, 10:21 AM
I'm thinking about the coin this guy has in just engines not to mention the total cost of the build!
Mar 01, 2017, 08:22 PM
N = R* fp ne fl fi f
Thread OP
Dont let that bother you, I hear he has some found some old cardboard boxes, so the dumpster is getting a family room and the kids finally get bedrooms.......But the model is still OK.

Quick Reply