Mar 16, 2017, 01:28 AM
youtube.com/ci3jk4fpv
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9dave View Post
Thanks for that. Appears that this could be the one for me. Looks like it is now in stock on Bangood.
I see that that covers 5v- 36v as I have not yet torn mine down and as a matter of interest is the stock eachine camera 5v or 12v?
12v is on the pdb, 5v is in the vtx (original camera is powered this way).
I don't remember if there is a 5v also on the pdb.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 01:33 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
I thought the pdb had pads for both.
On the leds side I think.
Mar 20, 2017, 02:43 AM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch 79 View Post
I thought the pdb had pads for both.
On the leds side I think.
there are lots of places you can connect the camera to on here. plenty of 5v and 12v pads all over the place.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:26 AM
Still waiting for camera to arrive. Excuse the noobie questions but am I right in thinking that all I need do is take the power from a 12v pad on the PDP instead of the 5v on the transmitter?
On a separate matter I also want to replace the rx for ppm/sbus rx I understand that I will lose LED's which doesn't bother me as I fly mainly fpv. Would this be straight forward ie just removing led loom? Thanks for your help.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:34 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Yup, i desoldered the led strip and switched to a Frsky X4R sbus receiver.

Afterwards I added a 8 led led bar and programed it through betaflight
Mar 20, 2017, 06:25 PM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9dave View Post
Still waiting for camera to arrive. Excuse the noobie questions but am I right in thinking that all I need do is take the power from a 12v pad on the PDP instead of the 5v on the transmitter?
On a separate matter I also want to replace the rx for ppm/sbus rx I understand that I will lose LED's which doesn't bother me as I fly mainly fpv. Would this be straight forward ie just removing led loom? Thanks for your help.
which receiver do you plan on using?

Since PWM uses a bunch of wires switching to ppm/sbus will leave you with 4 wires that dont do anything. You will need to remove those, and just connect the one w/ 3 wires per servo.

then on the transmitter: make sure ppm is turned on
to access menu on I6 transmitter : press and hold both bottom inner trims while powering on the tx, hold ok button to access menu

<edit>
thats weird I just checked the radio and I dont see the ppm option

betaflight:
sbus: go to ports tab and enable uart port ... I think port 3
configurations tab: choose serial and sbus
hit save

ppm : just choose ppm in config tab hit save
Last edited by Danq0; Mar 20, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
Mar 21, 2017, 04:51 AM
youtubeDOTcom/socalep1
My package got held up in customs for months and then I fried my ESC and had to wait for a replacement

Better late than never

Here is my Review

Falcon 210 Pro Review & FPV Flight Test courtesy of banggood (9 min 21 sec)

LOS Flight Test

Eachine Falcon 210 Pro quick Line of Sight Flight test Courtesy of Banggood (2 min 34 sec)
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Upgraded mine with a 8 RGB LED strip which can be programmed through betaflight
Here's the 3d printed part http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2200909

And will make one more with a buzzer holder. therefore merged my design with this buzzer holder from Painless360 http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1264445