T28SynchDart??? - RC Groups
Dec 12, 2016, 10:40 AM
I see, I like, I scratch...
Discussion

T28SynchDart???

It started out innocently enough. While working on my previous plane I came across the EDF pod from a 'retired' Electrifly Synchro. I thought to myself "Hmm... I should do something with that. Maybe I'll do a modified Seadart."

So, I laid out some foam, marked it up to look like a Seadart, and put the pod and battery on it to see how it might look. Looks good!

And, I had a leftover float that I could use instead of building it out of foam.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2016, 10:45 AM
Then I saw the T-28 sitting in the other room and I thought "Hmmmm... I should do something with that. It needs a new hstab and elevator. It's too small, anyway!"
Dec 12, 2016, 10:47 AM
Oh, the horrors!!!
Dec 12, 2016, 10:48 AM
I ran out of glue last night so that's where it stands right now.

Harry
Dec 12, 2016, 12:07 PM
Crash,fly,crash again....
Looking forward to the maiden!
Dec 12, 2016, 01:52 PM
Me, too! There will be video.

At the moment, I'm really not liking the thrust angle of the pod. It looks like it's pointing up too much. I may slice off the riser and add a foam wedge to get it to where I like it.

I just got back from the store with more glue. Let's get to work!
Dec 13, 2016, 03:24 AM
This must be the most creative frankenplane build I've seen, very nice!
Dec 13, 2016, 11:50 AM
It's looking good. Creating something new from old parts are my favorite type of scratch builds. Keep up the good work!
Dec 13, 2016, 12:14 PM
It has been interesting. I seem to go through a phase of building 2 or 3 normal planes (whatever that is) usually based on a plan and then I go off on a tangent and build an "I wonder if that will fly" type of plane. It's all good.

We now have a nose. The rudder pushrod tube going through the original elevator pushrod tube hole was an added bonus. I had to move the rudder horn to the other side, but that was easy enough.
Dec 13, 2016, 12:22 PM
I think I'll call it the WasteNotWantNot. Is that just begging to be turned into a plane or what? Oh, wait, it WAS a plane.

It could be an open cocket 2 seater. Or, turn it back over and rebuild the top. Oh, the possibilities!
Dec 13, 2016, 01:22 PM
or maybe turn the wing around and make it into a canard plane.
Dec 15, 2016, 03:15 AM
I finally finished spackling, sanding, and priming. All set for paint.
Dec 15, 2016, 03:51 PM
Straight lines are easy.

The bottom is done.
Dec 18, 2016, 04:18 PM
Almost all done with painting. The canopy needs another coat and a couple places need a little touchup.

It will be on hold for a little while. I'm all out of hinge tape. Besides, I build in the winter and fly in the spring, summer, and fall so this one probably won't get maidened until May.
Dec 20, 2016, 11:21 AM
Gravity is my enemy
Say what? oooh the inhumanity of delayed gratification.... Well if we must wait then so be it. Sweet looking design you have created from a little this-a little that. Thanks for sharing!