Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 11, 2016, 11:59 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
Thread OP
Discussion

Simitri F5J 3.8m hollow molded

Well, there's a new one. A new hollow molded F5J ship from the Doroshenkos, makers of the Euphoria in Ukraine. This is a change from the current trend of solid core Rohacell wings. The Simitri specifications show an AUW of 1450g. which seems positively portly compared to the latest crop of F5J models.
The wingspan is 3.8m and the length is even longer than the Ultima at 73 inches (1871mm). Another slight oddity: Trilerons! At least it's a 3pc. wing.

Looks like Soaring USA has it on their web site, misspelled as 'Simitry'. There's an F3J version as well.

2017 should be an interesting year in F5J (and even ALES).

--
Greg
Last edited by gdouglas; Dec 12, 2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Russia -> Ukraine
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2016, 12:34 AM
Team Futaba
Some more info on it with a neat chart showing color schemes.

http://www.topmodel.fr/en/product-de...84m-tout-fibre

FWIW, I just finished a V1 Euphoria F5J model. Overall quality is very good. Mine came out dead on 2kg, so 1.45 kg (54 oz) seems light!! The Euphoria also has "trilerons" in the sense that there is a small tip panel with an aileron section connected by a pin to the main aileron, it is not a separate aileron.

Seems like a nice possibility!!

BTW - I believe that they are actually in Ukraine
Last edited by Silent-AV8R; Dec 12, 2016 at 12:40 AM.
Dec 12, 2016, 01:50 AM
Camber down and screw it up.
Thread OP
Thanks for clearing that up, I wondered if it was a true 6 servo wing, or just a mechanical connection between the two ailerons per side.

I had a Starlight 2000 F3B/J ship at one time. It had servo pockets for 6 servos in the wing, but came with a pin between the two ailerons per side. I guess you can do some pretty funky programming with different rates if you have a 6 servo wing.

--
Greg
Dec 12, 2016, 09:27 AM
Aleksandr is Ukranian.

This model is going to be a winner for sure. Lots of the things people liked about the Euphoria seem to be in it plus they got rid of the 2 piece wings so it's a better competition model for travel.

Ukraine definitely leads the world in high quality models Vladimir and CN-models quality is ridiculously high as well. I have a couple and nothing else is even close.
Dec 12, 2016, 12:41 PM
Bro
Bro

Simitri

Howdy,

The Simitri is the newest creation from the maker of the Euphoria. It has been "in works" for over a year now, and the wait was well worth it!
This model is a big step up from an already excellent planform, all new! The composite work is A quality, and the weights are light, and super strong. New spar technology (for him) and wipers that are molded into the flap as 1pc, super clean!
The 1450gm model is the F3J. The F5 is 1400gm. which is 5.5oz wing loading.
We are currently building out an F3, and F5 and will have flight reports ready for the New year. We have some for sale in transit. From all the models we have seen this is top shelf quality, and 1799-....

If you are on the West coast you can see this model, and many other new releases at the AMA expo the first weekend in January. We will be there, as usual with our 6 mega booths filled with many new releases for 2017.
As the year ends, I would like to say "thank you" to our clients for their continued support!

Questions?
info@soaringusa.com
or
626 967-6660

Happy Holidays!

Bro
Latest blog entry: 2015
Dec 12, 2016, 06:42 PM