Dec 11, 2016, 08:08 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
Thread OP
Fly-In

Seff 2017

Hey fellow SEFF lovers!!!! Normally by this time of year people are already getting excited and posting about our upcoming Annual Trek to Americus
Thought Id just start this post and see who's thinking about what for SEFF 2017. Open forum all thoughts and opinions are welcome.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2016, 01:09 AM
I want to see Laine's giant plane fly this April. Hopefully, he has worked out a new power system that will lift it gracefully into the air!
SEFF 2016 B.A.P. (4 min 16 sec)
Dec 12, 2016, 06:18 PM
Can't wait for SEFF!!!!
Dec 12, 2016, 08:24 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
Thread OP

Lanes insane!!!!

I loved watching Lane and the gang build this beast all week. Cant wait, hope to see her fly.
Dec 14, 2016, 08:35 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
Thread OP

New toys?

Anyone have any new toys they are bringing to SEFF this year?
Dec 17, 2016, 08:54 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
Thread OP

upset

I went out to the seffweek website. The new layout is not what the new director said it was going to be and I'm a little more that upset about it. He told a very large group of us the layout for the next five years and this is NOT it. Sport flight line was supposed to be on the main flight line not crammed in the corner in the worst place possible for the largest group of pilots. I feel like the lack of attention to pilots is going to eventually be the downfall of this event if it is not corrected. Fewer pilots have meant reduced vendor sales and ultimately fewer vendors than in the past. I love this event and I love the people ive met there and I hate to see poor event management lessen the event more and more each year.
Dec 17, 2016, 10:39 PM
I glanced at it and it didn't seem all that bad. One thing to realize is the multi rotor/fpv has really taken off and as such will probably be in the larger attendance. So when I see the layout, it's just to me, the times are a changing
Dec 17, 2016, 11:48 PM
Gentlemen: The layout posted on the SEFF website is NOT the 2017 layout. The website will be updated with the new layout in the near future. The only information that is correct on the current website is the date of the event, the location, and the Event Director. If everyone will wait a few days before starting to flame the event, I think you will see the positive changes to the flightline that most of you are expecting.
Last edited by kamcoman; Dec 18, 2016 at 12:02 AM.
Dec 18, 2016, 10:14 AM
I am very excited about the 2017 SEFF. The event organizers have been very very good about listening to suggestions and are making great adjustments for 2017. Let's all work together to make this SEFF awesome. Invite friends....arrive early....stay late. Enjoy Hodges which is one of my favorite places in the world to be with friends!!
Dec 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
Some kid who likes airplanes;)
I've always wanted to go to seff! Maybe this year!
Dec 30, 2016, 10:21 PM
IDIDNTFEELATHING
Thread OP

great times

its a truly special place for rc nuts. beautiful fields incredibly awesome people. the night time fun also tends to be a blast. i promise you wont be disappointed .
Jan 06, 2017, 10:21 PM
Outlaw
is it SEFF yet?
Jan 07, 2017, 09:56 AM
Laines Planes is planning to be there again! We should have a trailer full of our goodies and with any luck, a couple of new surprises for ya'll to oggle, fondle and take home! There might even be a couple of NEW AIRPLANE KITS that you folks have never seen. Just sayin. ;-)

We have only one issue, our daughter is due to give birth to our new grand daughter the first week of May. We are crossing our fingers that little "Lilah Jae" coming into this world will not affect our SEFF trip. However, if it does, obviously, that would be our first priority.

See ya at SEFF!!!!

Laine and Kristy. (Laines Planes)
Jan 09, 2017, 06:56 AM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
No SEFF for me this year. I am going to try for Nall instead, and definitely HHAEFI.

Quick Reply