Dec 11, 2016, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Quick Tips - Best Practices for Using Your Skid Clamps

So I was down at the Orlando Heli Blowout last week. A guy from Canada came up and said he had broken some Skid Clamps. I fixed him up with replacement Latches and showed him the recommended way to open and close his Clamps and how to make them fit better. It was one of those ah-hah moments for him. But he said an interesting thing: “There weren’t any instructions packed with his Skid Clamps.”

Absolutely true. He would have had to go to the randomheli website to get the info he needed but by then, it would have probably been too late. (Being male, I too rarely read the instructions before I mess something up—only after. But I AM getting better about this).

So, after experiencing this blinding flash of the obvious I did three things.
1) added a Skid Clamp Quick Tips page on the randomheli.com site.
https://www.randomheli.com/Best-Prac...amps_a/316.htm

2) added the same information to the backside of invoices that are included when I ship product. (OMG, it’s like an instruction sheet. DUH!)

3) added a QR code scan label to the back on packs of Skid Clamps that links to the URL of the Quick Tips page.

OK, a lot of you guys already know all the stuff that’s on the Quick Tips page, but it might be worth a look if you have time. And many thanks to my Canadian friend for giving me a long over due little slap up the side of my head.

Have fun and let me know if you have some ideas I ought to be paying attention to.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply