This thread is privately moderated by Justwingit, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 10, 2016, 09:05 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
Discussion

E-flite UMX A-10 - First impressions and Maiden Flight!

Hi all!

Here's the video of my maiden flight of this extraordinary UMX EDF Jet !
E-flite UMX A-10 Maiden Flight - 10DEC2016 (11 min 1 sec)

Pilot's Impressions:
First, let me quickly lay to rest any question about this model's vertical ability....it flat out GOES ! As you can see from the video (and I candidly exclaimed during the first loop!) this model has TONS of vertical ability - more than enough to accomplish any maneuvers you'd want to put her through, that's for sure!

As for cruise, this little Warthog will easily and effortlessly cruise around your local flying field at 50% throttle.....in fact, I found it quite easy to maintain level flight at 40% throttle! With the AS3X, and the very efficient A-10 wing, this little plane easily cruised around between 40-60% throttle and I can imagine one could easily milk well over 8 minutes out of the recommended 800mAh battery.

I would probably get bored fairly quickly flying it around like that, so I thoroughly tested mine on maiden by putting her through a battery of sport/scale maneuvers, all of which she performed with aplomb. I imagine I'll get the hang of this model's quirks very quickly and really look forward to picking up some more batteries for it as I only have the one for now....

She takes off effortlessly using the underhand "bowling" technique, and lands equally easily. All in all, this is one sweet micro EDF !!!

Conclusions:
I set mine up as per the manual and dialed in 30% expo on all control surfaces. I feel 30% works for me on the ailerons, which have great authority, and I will try to dial down, ever-so-slightly, the elevator to perhaps 40% and see if I can get it where it feels even better for me. Remember, expo is a highly subjective, personal thing, so I'd go with what you would normally start with on your model planes and I suspect she'll be right where you want her.

At the end of the day, there's no surprises at all to be had with this model; she exhibited no bad habits out of the box and was an absolute joy to fly....

I give this little Warthog a hearty two thumbs up !
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2016, 09:59 PM
"You're gonna hafta kill me"
Very nice video. Mine is on its way. Looking forward to getting the A-10 in the air.

Cool Hand Luke
Dec 10, 2016, 11:10 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
Thanks brother !

I have no doubt you'll love yours....
Dec 11, 2016, 04:48 PM
nom
nom
Nice vid John, been on the fence about this one but after watching your vid I am sold.
Dec 11, 2016, 06:50 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
Do it Ben....you'll be glad you did !!

This little jet's a keeper for sure !
Dec 16, 2016, 11:53 PM
Nice review Li-po. I've a feeling that i'll find one under the tree.

Woody
Dec 17, 2016, 12:24 AM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP

Ho Ho Ho!

Hey Woody !!

Glad you liked the review! This Lil Hog's an absolute BLAST !!!

I'm hoping you do find one under the tree......you're gonna love it !

Quick Reply