Dec 14, 2016, 10:36 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
It actually has a .2 dbi higher than most larger Omni's. I think it would outperform them based on specs alone. I would love to test one.
I would love to see range testing done
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2016, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwcai
Anything in progress for 1.3?
1280 will work with 1.3 receivers ..
Good to go..
DanT
Dec 16, 2016, 07:23 PM
Physics, or is it fizzix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
1280 will work with 1.3 receivers ..
Good to go..
DanT
I bought a receiver like that from fpvheadquarters.com with 5 channels. It works until I turn on UHF control, then it gets swamped. Does your's work OK?
Dec 17, 2016, 01:58 PM
Any reports yet?
Dec 17, 2016, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandride
I bought a receiver like that from fpvheadquarters.com with 5 channels. It works until I turn on UHF control, then it gets swamped. Does your's work OK?
I have 4 of these receivers and they all work fine..
But I believe all mine have a ?? Saw Filter in them?
Oh ,, I also use a Filter on my EZuhf Module .
Hope this helps.
DanT
Last edited by DanT; Dec 17, 2016 at 02:14 PM.
Dec 17, 2016, 06:57 PM
Build more, websurf less
With the new Singularity 1.3GHz antenna installed I took a quad out to about 300 feet and the video was still perfect with a 200ma VTx. The test was mostly to see if it actually worked - it's kind of a stretch for me compared to the traditional large 1.3GHz antennas.

If this Singularity antenna proves out for ranges much longer than pushed in my initial test, I will remove its SMA connector and install it directly on the VTx of one of my brushed micros, seen below with the home-made 1.3GHz full-size cloverleaf. I'm hoping that the SMA and its relationship to the rest of the coax and other structure is not a crucial part of a balanced system.

I use 1.3GHz video and 433MHz control so I can go behind trees, foliage and other obstructions in the wildlands where I fly.

I am interested to hear Alex Greve's comments about the product.

Be well,

Paul
Last edited by FlyingW; Dec 17, 2016 at 07:22 PM.
Dec 17, 2016, 07:42 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
I am interested to hear Alex Greve's comments
Yep
Dec 17, 2016, 10:53 PM
Quote:
I'm hoping that the SMA and its relationship to the rest of the coax and other structure is not a crucial part of a balanced system.
Don't worry

-Hugo
Dec 18, 2016, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandride
Get an IBCrazy 433mHz/1.3gHz notch filter. That should do the trick . Also, try to keep your LRS transmitter antenna as far away as possible from your video receiver antenna to reduce interference.
https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=1207
Dec 22, 2016, 12:11 AM
hello I am making VTOL aircraft which span 74 inch & weight is 3.5 pound only air frame weight can U suggest me what power i can use try frame & how can i program KK2.1 board

plz help ( my English is not good as U) thank U
Dec 25, 2016, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman nazir
hello I am making VTOL aircraft which span 74 inch & weight is 3.5 pound only air frame weight can U suggest me what power i can use try frame & how can i program KK2.1 board

plz help ( my English is not good as U) thank U
That really has nothing to do with this thread. Ask your question here
Dec 27, 2016, 05:47 PM
Build more, websurf less
Went out to a bit over one-half mile today with nary a glitch - this thing is the real deal.
Dec 27, 2016, 08:26 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Went out to a bit over one-half mile today with nary a glitch - this thing is the real deal.
UPS lost mine last week so I can't test it yet... Did you do any real comparison to other antennas and if so which one(s)? From what I've read TrueRC makes good stuff so it's no surprise that it works but what I think everyone is looking for is does it perform AT LEAST as well as the antennas we are using (I use Ibcrazy's VAS line).

The way I see it the real advantage of this design is in it's apparent ruggedness compared to previous designs, I get tired of how fragile my antennas are and how easily they get bent out of shape just during transport and in the shop. If it performs at least as well it's worth the cost to change out just on this one point but if it DOESN'T perform as well...

At a half mile I could fly behind a building and still have decent video with my setup so what I'm looking for is how does this antennas compare to what you were using at a half mile behind a building (or a bunch of trees or hill)??
Dec 28, 2016, 09:46 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Any word on when the flat mount version of this comes out?
Dec 28, 2016, 10:05 AM
UAV Flight Operations Manager
The earth is extraordinarily effective at blocking RF, so no matter what antennas you use, you're not going to get signal if you fly behind a hill.

I'm definitely excited for the ruggedness and compact size of this antenna because it means I can fly 1.3ghz on my Vortex with a reasonable antenna. I love slowly "exploring" old barns and buildings with my Vortex and the stock 5.8ghz system just doesn't have the penetration behind/through obstacles like 1.3ghz does.

I'll report back here how it goes once I switch my Vortex over to 1.3ghz (gotta add a 1.3ghz Vrx to my KDS Kylin video goggles first...)

Quick Reply