Sep 17, 2018, 06:29 AM
Hi Guys!
Is there a way to solder the A8S receiver directly to fc (without the cable with pins). I ran out of pins so I need to work it around. Can you please point me at the proper direction if i have missed something. Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2018, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi_CA
Hi Guys!
Is there a way to solder the A8S receiver directly to fc (without the cable with pins). I ran out of pins so I need to work it around. Can you please point me at the proper direction if i have missed something. Thank you.
First... Next time write more info (what flight controller, what protocol - ppm, sbus, ibus)! Second... Google is your friend! Don't be lazy... The answer is - use any UART rx pin (not the one for USB port - usually UART 1)for signal wire and 5v for power.
https://www.propwashed.com/fix-rc-re...ms-betaflight/
Dec 17, 2018, 10:41 AM

A8s v1 and v2

I have found that it's a issue Wirth interferences with the flight controller or the battery leads going to the power distribution board or the or you're all in one FC if you move the receiver away from any other power source and put it on the top of the frame you will not have these problems I have a few of these and everyone I put anywhere near different power source such as battery leads or put it on the FC even if I wrap it and shrink wrap it still does that wear it just wants to do it something I had one yesterday takeoff up through the trees and the throttle stuck wide open on it for about 10 seconds thank God it went into the trees and that up on the roof of my 3-story apartment building but if you keep it away from any other power sources it works fine but it who wants the receiver strapped on top of their quad not me please FlySky fix this issue it's to the point where I don't even want to use FlySky anymore cuz I never had these problems with FR sky
Dec 18, 2018, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckjimmy
... I had one yesterday takeoff up through the trees and the throttle stuck wide open on it for about 10 seconds thank God it went into the trees and that up on the roof of my 3-story apartment building but if you keep it away from any other power sources it works fine but it who wants the receiver strapped on top of their quad not me please FlySky fix this issue it's to the point where I don't even want to use FlySky anymore cuz I never had these problems with FR sky
Welcome to the club! No, Flysky is not going to fix this. Clearly showed that in this thread. Move to the Frsky if you dont want to have such problems again. Stick to Flysky if you are still willing to experiment.
Dec 21, 2018, 09:48 PM
Destroyer Dan
It's the A8S that has this issue - moving to X6B or other receivers has solved this... but I also run all of my expensive setups on FrSky and use a multiprotocol module to keep my FlySky stuff usable.

I figure I'll eventually go CRSF and hand-me-down the FrSky stuff onto the FlySky quads, and call it good.
Jan 14, 2019, 01:54 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckjimmy
I have found that it's a issue Wirth interferences with the flight controller or the battery leads going to the power distribution board or the or you're all in one FC if you move the receiver away from any other power source and put it on the top of the frame you will not have these problems I have a few of these and everyone I put anywhere near different power source such as battery leads or put it on the FC even if I wrap it and shrink wrap it still does that wear it just wants to do it something I had one yesterday takeoff up through the trees and the throttle stuck wide open on it for about 10 seconds thank God it went into the trees and that up on the roof of my 3-story apartment building but if you keep it away from any other power sources it works fine but it who wants the receiver strapped on top of their quad not me please FlySky fix this issue it's to the point where I don't even want to use FlySky anymore cuz I never had these problems with FR sky

FlySky wiped their hands clean of this, and moved on, despite all the nice promises to at the very least replace the faulty receivers. I never regretted switching to FrSky, small receivers like R-XSR and XM+ vastly surpass the A8S, even when you have a good working one. Smaller, lighter, excellent range, diversity, and RSSI on OSD or even full telemetry. And no random stuck at full throttle issues. The only thing I miss from FlySky is that the Fs-i6 is more compact, and only needs 4 AA batteries, to run for hours.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 14, 2019, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
FlySky wiped their hands clean of this, and moved on, despite all the nice promises to at the very least replace the faulty receivers. I never regretted switching to FrSky, small receivers like R-XSR and XM+ vastly surpass the A8S, even when you have a good working one. Smaller, lighter, excellent range, diversity, and RSSI on OSD or even full telemetry. And no random stuck at full throttle issues. The only thing I miss from FlySky is that the Fs-i6 is more compact, and only needs 4 AA batteries, to run for hours.
Agreed on all of this. Speaking about the FS-i6 - it is one of my favourite radios, only just a few months ago it was replaced by Jumper T12.
I have a feeling that Banggood/URUAV/Eachine or whatever called company will release soon (or later) new radio. You can post your suggestions in this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post40915011
Make the Radio great again!
Jan 19, 2019, 03:12 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Agreed on all of this. Speaking about the FS-i6 - it is one of my favourite radios, only just a few months ago it was replaced by Jumper T12.
I have a feeling that Banggood/URUAV/Eachine or whatever called company will release soon (or later) new radio. You can post your suggestions in this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post40915011
Make the Radio great again!

I noticed that topic, seems indeed like BG is coming with a new radio. Meanwhile keeping the Fsi6 for stuff that's got an X6B, because that receiver still rocks, and for the sim.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 05, 2019, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zviki
First... Next time write more info (what flight controller, what protocol - ppm, sbus, ibus)! Second... Google is your friend! Don't be lazy... The answer is - use any UART rx pin (not the one for USB port - usually UART 1)for signal wire and 5v for power.
https://www.propwashed.com/fix-rc-re...ms-betaflight/
Thanks, I missworded it, I want to direct solder cables on the rx using ibus, are there dedicates pads for this, I havent see any.

Fc is nano f4 airbot, but should be irrelevant for my question.
Apr 18, 2019, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi_CA
Thanks, I missworded it, I want to direct solder cables on the rx using ibus, are there dedicates pads for this, I havent see any.

Fc is nano f4 airbot, but should be irrelevant for my question.
Looking at the pics of this FC online try RX3 for the Ibus. Then solder the red to 5V and black to ground. Some FC with an F4 board like the Mamba Mini will take Ibus on the Sbus pad too. Remember to set up serial RX as per the link posted above.

Quick Reply