Thread Tools
Dec 15, 2016, 03:25 AM
Ok guys, here is an update. At the moment there is some testing going on to see what solutions can be found. At the moment there are a few solutions being tried out but I don't have any information to give you about them yet. Anyway I will update this thread as I get more information, the guy I really need to talk to is not in the office today and I can't get a hold of him but he will def be here in the morning.

I would like to apologize and reassure you guys that we will do whatever it takes to make this right.

For the moment remember you can contact me anytime on [email protected]
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2016, 06:49 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
FlySkyRC, please also pass to your dev team another issue that everybody is having with this receiver:
Once powered on, FS-A8S sets default communication protocol IBUS. You can change IBUS to the SBUS by pressing bind button for 2 seconds. But if you power off/on this receiver it does not remmember this setting and defaults to IBUS again. This makes no use of SBUS protocol as this setting is not saved. Some users are struggling with this issue and complaining about this issue. It could be easily fixed in firmware.

(Small tip: next time send some samples to the testers/reviewers prior the manufacturing process or at least before starting to sell. This will minimize the chances of some seriuos FW or HW issues )

Same here, very, very annoying. Apart from that so far it has worked well, but each time having to change to Sbus setting is bad. A receiver like this is perfect for mounting inside a frame, but when you need to keep constant and easy access to the button, this is a no go.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 16, 2016, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Same here, very, very annoying. Apart from that so far it has worked well, but each time having to change to Sbus setting is bad. A receiver like this is perfect for mounting inside a frame, but when you need to keep constant and easy access to the button, this is a no go.
Yeah, I understand this completely. We are working very hard on a solution to this issue, rest assured if we can't find an easy solution we will make sure you have a product in your hands that does what you expected. As usual I will continue to drive management insane (I am being a bit unfair here they are working very hard on this issue already) until this issue is resolved.
Dec 16, 2016, 02:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Yeah, I understand this completely. We are working very hard on a solution to this issue, rest assured if we can't find an easy solution we will make sure you have a product in your hands that does what you expected. As usual I will continue to drive management insane (I am being a bit unfair here they are working very hard on this issue already) until this issue is resolved.
Thank you for your support. A feedback from manufacturer is very important for us. This keeps us more confident in FlySky products.
Dec 16, 2016, 10:57 AM
Registered User
I am using an SPRacing F3 FC and have rewired it from PPM to use iBus, however in cleanflight the only option is SBUS, can someone please help me find where the iBus choice is? I have set UART3 to Serial Rx. Currently no signal is getting through to the flight controller.

Thanks
Dec 16, 2016, 12:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryrambo
I am using an SPRacing F3 FC and have rewired it from PPM to use iBus, however in cleanflight the only option is SBUS, can someone please help me find where the iBus choice is? I have set UART3 to Serial Rx. Currently no signal is getting through to the flight controller.

Thanks
You need to update your FC firmware. If your firmware is old you will not see iBus option.
Dec 16, 2016, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Subbed. I have 2 of these rxs. I only use them in I-bus since I couldn't get S-bus to work with my REVO F4 board. I didn't get anywhere near the range expected of 300m. Maybe only 70-80m. I only tried it for 2 packs so I didn't notice the brown out issues most of you have experienced. I also purchased them from BG.
Dec 19, 2016, 02:24 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Ok guys, here is an update. At the moment there is some testing going on to see what solutions can be found. At the moment there are a few solutions being tried out but I don't have any information to give you about them yet. Anyway I will update this thread as I get more information, the guy I really need to talk to is not in the office today and I can't get a hold of him but he will def be here in the morning.

I would like to apologize and reassure you guys that we will do whatever it takes to make this right.

For the moment remember you can contact me anytime on [email protected]

Sent you a mail 4 days ago, still no reply...

This receiver would be perfect for the current batch of soon to be released 130/120 and smaller class brushless FPV racers, but if the issues are not solved, I will have to move over to Futaba S-FHSS or FrSky for those, as these receivers have so far performed without problems.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 19, 2016, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sent you a mail 4 days ago, still no reply...

This receiver would be perfect for the current batch of soon to be released 130/120 and smaller class brushless FPV racers, but if the issues are not solved, I will have to move over to Futaba S-FHSS or FrSky for those, as these receivers have so far performed without problems.

I think I received your email, I will reply now. Remember that if I get your email outside of my work hours on a Friday I wont be able to get back to you till Monday. Add in time differences and/or days off etc., I will sometimes be slower than I would like to reply.
Dec 19, 2016, 03:50 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
I think I received your email, I will reply now. Remember that if I get your email outside of my work hours on a Friday I wont be able to get back to you till Monday. Add in time differences and/or days off etc., I will sometimes be slower than I would like to reply.
I understand. It's just that this receiver seemed like the perfect option for those people that already have an RTF with FS-i6 transmitter, and would like to get some ARF 130 class, or similar, which is seeing some great new releases recently and planned ones. Likely due to the regulations promoting pilots to fly smaller multirotors, and avoid registration issues.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 21, 2016, 05:44 AM
Registered User
Ok so I tested the range again with a few changes to my setup. First time around I had about 1/3 of the antenna inside of the carbon frame of my 210 size quad. I reinstalled with all of the antenna exposed outside of the frame. Range is as advertised. Still only I-bus so FlySkyRC please fix soon.
Dec 21, 2016, 08:06 AM
It's good to be geek!
MrSatoV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Ok so I tested the range again with a few changes to my setup. First time around I had about 1/3 of the antenna inside of the carbon frame of my 210 size quad. I reinstalled with all of the antenna exposed outside of the frame. Range is as advertised. Still only I-bus so FlySkyRC please fix soon.
I wish I could get "range". LOL As it stands right now, I can't get off the ground.
Dec 21, 2016, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSatoV
I wish I could get "range". LOL As it stands right now, I can't get off the ground.
If it helps, I can tell you my setup. I have a Diatone v8.3 LC PDB, Racerstar 20amp BLHeli_S ESCs, Revo F4 FC, and RacerStar 2205 2300KV motors. I get power from the 5volt BEC on the PDB to 5 volt rail for the ESCs on the FC then get power to the micro rx from the same common rail from the FC.

Also I got both rxs on the second presale wave from Banggood and I have a FlySky i10 radio so another variable.
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 21, 2016 at 10:44 AM.
Dec 21, 2016, 10:57 PM
It's good to be geek!
MrSatoV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
If it helps, I can tell you my setup. I have a Diatone v8.3 LC PDB, Racerstar 20amp BLHeli_S ESCs, Revo F4 FC, and RacerStar 2205 2300KV motors. I get power from the 5volt BEC on the PDB to 5 volt rail for the ESCs on the FC then get power to the micro rx from the same common rail from the FC.

Also I got both rxs on the second presale wave from Banggood and I have a FlySky i10 radio so another variable.
Thanks. That does jive with what FlySky seems to be thinking, that the bulk of the problems (other than not remembering which protocol to use) are related to EM or RF interference. But that should not be a problem, and even if it's the case that you can solve the problem by moving it, we shouldn't have to since I'm using the same configuration as I do on all my quads for the past year and a half with no issues. So if that's the issue, then they need a hardware revision, or there is a manufacturing problem, as I have said, with the batch I got (and some others). I am hoping and praying, however, that it is something they can fix in the firmware, like filters that were developed in BetaFlight, to fix it. And that it is possible to update the firmware on the 5 RXs I got. Wow, what was I thinking on that! I should have done like I usually do and get one to test and then if a win, get the rest. I guess I was over confident about the FlySky brand. Anything I've tried from them (directly, not the 3rd party stuff) has been perfect. The only reason I switched away from FlySky a long time ago was the RXs were too big and iBUS support in Cleanflight/Betaflight was not available yet. Now if the A8S gets fixed, there's absolutely no reason to use anything else, since we have the X6B for a full featured RX that is really perfection in an RX like no other, as well as both SBUS support in FlySky TXes and iBUS support in BetaFlight. Even the old style FS-i6X or newer i6S controllers are better than a Taranis in terms of feel, and WAY less money, but the Turnigy Evolution TX is a dream come true. Not only is great in hand, but it's size and cover are the BOMB when it comes to packing in the flight backpack.
Oy, sorry, kinda went on a ramble there. LOL
Dec 22, 2016, 05:23 AM
Registered User
Not at all MrSatoV. Yeah I normally don't jump on something new from them especially at the price points they quote. I only bought 2 rxs to test. I really like the specs on the X6B. Just wondering if Sbus is also available.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools