F3RES International - Nov 11-12, 2017 - Page 11 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 10, 2017, 11:16 PM
For those who just have to follow the competition in 'Real Time', I will attempt to post scores frequently to the online score viewing, which is a new feature of GliderScore, the scoring program I am using for the contest. The feature is sort of hidden for now, but go to http://gliderscore.com/OnLineScores.aspx and select "11/11/2017 F3RES in NM..." The page will time out after about 20 minutes, so you will have to reload it every so often to keep up.

By the way, GliderScore is just fantastic. Our club has used it for two previous contests, but this is my first outing as score keeper using it. I had an issue or two, but Gerry Carter, the author, was quite responsive, and even informed me that previous releases didn't have the provision to score F3RES correctly. He has fixed it and gave me an advance copy which has the fix (It is that flight points =2x seconds of flight time--something I hadn't even noticed in the rules).

Gerry appreciates feedback--good or bad-- about the program, so that he can make it the best app for us glider guiders.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2017, 10:48 AM
Overkill is underrated
I’ve attempted to view results via the Gliderscore link with no luck. ☹️It will show the list of pilots but that’s it.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:40 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elac2az
Iíve attempted to view results via the Gliderscore link with no luck. ☹️It will show the list of pilots but thatís it.
First two pilot's scores are up now for Round 1
Nov 11, 2017, 11:44 AM
Scott Zastoupil
Quote:
Originally Posted by elac2az
Iíve attempted to view results via the Gliderscore link with no luck. ☹️It will show the list of pilots but thatís it.
I can see the scores for the first round. Click on the "Flight Scores" tab. It is default on Overall Scores. Then click the drop down box for Round 1.
Nov 11, 2017, 02:28 PM
Play loud, Fly high
Following on GliderScore with great interest from my wheelchair at home. Wish I was there with you. Have fun everyone! GG
Nov 11, 2017, 04:38 PM
It must be a challenging event from looking at the scores and seeing the range of flight times I notice a mix of top scores varying significantly between the many pilots. At some point I hope to find a list of the glider designs that they are being flown.
Nov 11, 2017, 04:56 PM
thanks for the scoring link Richard, nice to be able to follow along with you lads

Go John Armstrong and the AZ boys

Philip
Nov 11, 2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks--I was posting rounds, and saw them on GS after our 5 rounds today, but later it again stopped working. Gerry Carter is working the problem. In any event, I'll try to post complete standings so far later this evening. We should be doing at least 3 more rounds tomorrow.

For now, it's a shower and then off to the club banquet. (BBQ at the County Line--no New Mexican tonite).

Richard the ScoreKeeper
Nov 11, 2017, 11:26 PM
We had a fun day of flying and good weather. I, myself can't comment on specific activities since I was pretty much flying the laptop computer full time. But I can say everyone flew well with just a few mishaps--a few off field landings and cracked fuses, but no unrepairable a/c.
As of this evening, scores are posted through Round 5 at http://gliderscore.com/OnLineScores.aspx

I'm sure we'll have photos and videos posted soon.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnshagam
We had a fun day of flying and good weather. I, myself can't comment on specific activities since I was pretty much flying the laptop computer full time. But I can say everyone flew well with just a few mishaps--a few off field landings and cracked fuses, but no unrepairable a/c.
As of this evening, scores are posted through Round 5 at http://gliderscore.com/OnLineScores.aspx

I'm sure we'll have photos and videos posted soon.
This was a snapshot from last night.
As for what models, there is a huge range, Top 5 I know there are 2 Opals and 2 Slights, not sure of the name of Roberts model.
Air is tough, like very hard, no guarantee, I think I only got 6mins once all day, 6 minute flights were rare.
One take away for me is launch height is very important.

Lots of fun, you guys watching need to be here next time, hands down the most fun I've had at a Soaring event in a long time.
Last edited by Pgoldsmith; Nov 12, 2017 at 09:01 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 09:36 AM
Gee, wonder who was flying the other Opal!! Nice flying, Pete! Go Caroline!

Dave R.
Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
Congrats to the Opals and their flyers, that is quite an accomplishment!
Nov 12, 2017, 01:47 PM
RIP MC
I'm just wondering why not use true Man on Man, non team protection scoring? Is it regulated in the Regs? Would make for an even better format no?
Nov 12, 2017, 03:02 PM
Red Merle ALES VI
It will be interesting to hear the flight reports of this contest. Lots of low times from some excellent pilots. Looks like everyone had fun with the low dollar model format.

Curtis
Nov 12, 2017, 06:16 PM
Curtis:

Man, we had more fun than I could talk about in twenty minutes!

Yours, Greg