Thread Tools
Mar 07, 2017, 10:26 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer
Could maybe anyone who has that Avanti S, tell me the battery tray dimensions?

I have a new very efficient edf Setup going, and since I Need to buy new batteries nonetheless I would like to know the Dimensions, so I could plan ahead.

Cheers
NS
Battery Compartment Dimensions:

Length with servo distribution panel in stock location - 9.5 inches
Length with servo distribution panel relocated - 14.0 inches
Forward width - 3.25 inches
Aft width - 2.75 inches
Forward depth - 2.5 inches
Aft depth - 4.0 inches

Hope this helps!

Tony
Latest blog entry: 1/2A Glow Foamie Conversions
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2017, 04:30 PM
Registered User
How easy are the wings to remove/assemble at field? I read that Ace mentioned (4) screws. I'm really banking on this for ease of transport/storage and I keep reading guys mentioning really difficult/tight fits on other newly released models advertised as easy to detach wing designs.
Mar 08, 2017, 04:44 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Very easy! Two minutes to install one CF rod, wings, four screws and two multi-connectors. Similar to A-10:

Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 - Wing Installation (2 min 24 sec)
Latest blog entry: 1/2A Glow Foamie Conversions
Mar 08, 2017, 05:09 PM
Registered User
Thanks so much! I recall seeing that vid a while back and was really impressed. Was just a little leary but I know you're able to vouch so, appreciate it. Was the one thing I wished for with the Stinger but it's all good.

Has to be a rigid design to suport that massive bird. Here's hoping the Avanti got similar treatment!
Mar 08, 2017, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Finger finley dropped on the Pre Order button, Hey is it Late April Yet!
Mar 08, 2017, 10:16 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Low pass and lights photo by Mike Gaasch.
Latest blog entry: 1/2A Glow Foamie Conversions
Mar 08, 2017, 10:33 PM
Registered User
Nice!
Mar 09, 2017, 02:20 AM
Registered User
KodiaRok's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Battery Compartment Dimensions:

Length with servo distribution panel in stock location - 9.5 inches
Length with servo distribution panel relocated - 14.0 inches
Forward width - 3.25 inches
Aft width - 2.75 inches
Forward depth - 2.5 inches
Aft depth - 4.0 inches

Hope this helps!

Tony
Hey Tony,

Hope I can call you Tony

Thanks for the Dimensions, just have to convert them to our metric System, but thats fine with me.

Can't wait for April, hope it arrives around my Birthday, same with the A-10 I hope...oh and that F-14....gonna be an expensive April, lol

Cheers
Pascal
Mar 09, 2017, 02:48 AM
GPJ
GPJ
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Very easy! Two minutes to install one CF rod, wings, four screws and two multi-connectors. Similar to A-10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxPp...e_gdata_player
No main gear doors like the FMS? hmmmm....
Mar 09, 2017, 07:21 AM
Registered User
afjetmech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ
No main gear doors like the FMS? hmmmm....
Has nothing to do with the Avanti. The lack of gear doors on the A-10 was well explained in the A-10 thread. Try reading it.
Mar 09, 2017, 10:15 AM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
AceMigKiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ
No main gear doors like the FMS? hmmmm....
I wouldn't worry about that, still flies better
Mar 09, 2017, 11:06 AM
Registered User
swisstyphoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer
Hey Tony,

Hope I can call you Tony

Thanks for the Dimensions, just have to convert them to our metric System, but thats fine with me.

Can't wait for April, hope it arrives around my Birthday, same with the A-10 I hope...oh and that F-14....gonna be an expensive April, lol

Cheers
Pascal
Hello Pascal

Looks like at least 2 Avantis coming to Switzerland...

Gruess Rolf
Mar 09, 2017, 02:30 PM
Registered User
KodiaRok's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstyphoon
Hello Pascal

Looks like at least 2 Avantis coming to Switzerland...

Gruess Rolf
Hey Rolf,

Glad to hear it, cant wait for mine.

Finally a Sports Jet again to fly around with.

Regards, Gruss
Pascal
Mar 09, 2017, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Garyss's Avatar
Been contemplating the F86 as my first EDF, but am impressed with this designs airworthiness. I'll be flying off of a petromat runway so does this one need Dubro wheels like the F86? Thankx

Ahh phooey I just pushed the order button............
Last edited by Garyss; Mar 09, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:37 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
That happens a lot!

Dubro wheels not needed.

Anytime Pascal!
Last edited by xplaneguy; Mar 09, 2017 at 03:44 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools