Dec 07, 2016, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Drone Flasher - flash Betaflight, Cleanflight... from Android

This app allows you to flash new firmware in very easy way, directly from your Android device.

Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...flight_flasher

Beta version:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...flight_flasher

Supported firmwares:
-Cleanflight
-Betaflight
-iNav
-RaceFlight
-Triflight
-Kiss FC (experimental)

Before you buy Premium version please check if it works for you with older firmware.

Requires USB host support by you Android device and OTG cable. All features are available only for Android Lollipop and newer
Flashing is only possible through USB OTG cable. Bluetooth is not supported.

Tested with:
F1, F3 and F4 boards

CC3D is supported but not through main usb. You have to use external usb to serial adapter.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2016, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
DFU with F3 boards and Kiss FC hasn't been tested.
Feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Dec 12, 2016, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Could anyone try (with the newest beta) to flash F3 board that has DFU?
Probably this won't work because of flash size error but it will send me a data that I need to fix it.

Please, please

Dec 20, 2016, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
I probably fixed the problem. DFU should be functional for F3 boards.

Dec 30, 2016, 02:29 PM
Hi, I'm stupid. Now that that's outta the way, I just tried to flash Betaflight onto a Flip32 v5.0 board(selected naze). The fc had Cleanflight previously. I used the Drone Flasher premium app. I thought all was good it said it was successful, all green writing lol. Opened EZGUI, and it doesn't seem to be connected even though it says it is, I can't change anything (all 0's). Is it because it's not actually a Naze board? Is it now going to be thrown like a ninja star into the woods?

Then I tried to flash cleanflight back onto it, but it only gets to the 'entering boot loader' then says 'read timeout' in red. Only blue led lights up (solid)on board.

If this is posted in the wrong thread or I'm leaving out any info, is there a different thread or a link to where I might learn more about this? I thought I could handle flashing to Betaflight but perhaps it's just beyond me.

Edit: against my better judgement I tried flashing betaflight onto my motolab tempest v1.2 (it had a flashing red led, and wouldn't respond to controls or save settings, so maybe nothing left to lose), it seems to be working (no more flashing red led, and saved settings), I'll try wiring it into a quad again and see what happens.

Also tried flashing my flip32 mini acro to Betaflight because I got cocky. That also seems to be working. So I'm not sure w t f happened with the flip32 v5.0 but it seems fubar.
Last edited by Alloutofdonuts; Dec 30, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
Dec 30, 2016, 11:42 PM
Oh and the Motolab Tempest selected DFU, I don't have a clue what That is but it said that & it worked.

Quick Reply