Horizon Hobby Electric Warbirds for 2017 - RC Groups
Dec 07, 2016, 10:52 AM
Discussion

Horizon Hobby Electric Warbirds for 2017

Somehow the 75th Anniversary of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor and the subsequent entry of USA into WWII seems like an appropriate time to retrospect on the great warbirds that Horizon Hobby has given us over the past years and to look forward to a bright future of new and exciting entries from HH. As we prepare to enjoy the upcoming holiday season, lets give thanks to HH for the joy that they have brought to our beloved hobby.

I, for one, am anxiously looking forward to the new and exciting warbirds that HH will introduce in the coming year. Figure 3 parkflyers, 3 UMX, and maybe, just maybe, a large scale Carbon Z or Hanger 9 warbird.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
Rerelease the Wildcat!!!

Actually, what I would like to see is a re-release of the entire Parkzone brand. Maybe they could make it a more DIY thing so as not to too directly compete with E-flite. Re-release all the old PZ planes in white, PNP and kits.. Then people could paint them and kit them out as they wish. At the same time release a line of paint etc for them.

As for regular warbirds - Hellcat. I don't see them doing anything too unusual like a Helldiver, which would be very cool also.
Last edited by Herrsavage; Dec 07, 2016 at 11:05 AM.
Dec 07, 2016, 10:59 AM
Would be very happy to see HH release a nice 1.2m Hellcat this year. We are also long overdue for a 6 channel edf. I think a 70mm T-33 would be a perfect fit for low wing loading and good performance. Hopefully with a 10-12 blade fan so it sounds better than the Habu though. I do think the most likely release for this year is a Carbon Z P-51 though, only size they are missing.
Dec 07, 2016, 11:08 AM
I would like to see more unique airframes even if its just the airframe and we have to put all the guts into it.
Dec 07, 2016, 11:17 AM
More 1.2m warbirds! Love that size and the current lineup flies great. Would like a FW190 in that size that is scale.
Dec 07, 2016, 11:19 AM
Actually it would be cooler if they can fit a scale body with VTOL the technology from the Convergence, like the Osprey. But that could be a pipe-dream.
Dec 07, 2016, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000
Actually it would be cooler if they can fit a scale body with VTOL the technology from the Convergence, like the Osprey. But that could be a pipe-dream.
That would be fantastic! 2 of the power trains from the blade 360 trio with a higher kv motor on 3-4S would power it quite nicely!
Dec 07, 2016, 02:43 PM
The UMX line has had some very nice entries in 2016, specifically the B-25 and the A-10; and the civilian parkflyers got the Convergence, which will be very, very hard to beat. I would say it's high time that the parkflyer warbirds get a distinctive, amazing, super cool plane. Something that hasn't been done before (at least by HH). Something along the lines of the Helldiver or Avenger would be terrific. Give it retracts, flaps and bomb drop. If you have seven or more channels you go full house. If you only have six channels, you decide whether to go with the bomb drop or the flaps. In any case, it would be a terrific warbird to have in the parkflyer size.
Dec 07, 2016, 03:16 PM
Arrowhead
This bears repeating:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Rerelease the Wildcat!!!
Aside from that, I'm hoping they throw us a Balsa bone or two in 2017.
Dec 07, 2016, 05:20 PM
I suspect it won't be long into 2017 before you guys know what the first one is
Dec 07, 2016, 08:55 PM
P-51's are my passion
I must agree. Bring back the basic Parkzone planes.
Dec 07, 2016, 09:01 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
You all need a proper F6F Hellcat! And a Zero to play with.
Dec 08, 2016, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
I suspect it won't be long into 2017 before you guys know what the first one is
Thanks Jason. Most years the first parkflyer warbird did not get announced until April or May. If there is a parkflyer warbird announced by HH in early 2017, it will help erase the memories of 2016, especially if it's something different, as most of us are hoping for. Whatever the new plane is, I hope that it will be on display at the WRAM show in late February. I always enjoy stopping by to talk with the HH guys, especially Matt Andren.

It's always nice to get some input from an HH employee and/or Dave Eichstedt. Please feel free to drop hints or tid-bits whenever you can. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The holidays make this time of year fly by, so whatever you guys have in store for 2017 will surely be here before we know it.
Dec 08, 2016, 01:14 PM
Pro at parking planes in trees
well last year didnt they announce the corsair at AMA Expo in january?
Dec 08, 2016, 01:24 PM
DFS#000178
Beech 18/C-45 in military and Matt Younkin color schemes.