Dec 18, 2016, 07:10 PM
Nice work Keith and Carlos....almost makes me want to build one of these crazy animals...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2016, 06:00 AM

Just Old Ones

Hi Dave
I would very much like to see your old ones Dave. By the way, your cockpit dash is finished and I will ship your bits after we get Christmas out of the way. You will get the dash, front cowl and all the tail parts.

Keith
Dec 23, 2016, 06:03 AM
Thanks Dave
You know where to get the 3D printed bits if you do build it. See you tomorrow at the field.
The stubby holder art work is finnished. I will bring it tomorrow.
Keith
Dec 26, 2016, 09:25 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
I still fly the prototype that my daughter helped me build 6 years ago!
And now my little girl is 10! Remember those days Dave! Nuts!

Amazing work Keith! Love that radial engine!
Dec 26, 2016, 09:30 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
This was the second one that I built from the kit. All electric with the prerotator in it. Flew nicely!
Dec 26, 2016, 12:54 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Joe,
Those photos brought back some fond memories!

I can not locate my pics of old PCA-2.....its on the other computer. But attached is the theme I chose and my choose again.

Dave
Dec 28, 2016, 08:23 PM
Hi Joe
Good to see you on the thread mate. I love your Beach Nut model. I believe you sold that one. I think I will be going with the US Navy theme. I have not had time to do any more work on model lately what with work, Christmas and now painting my sons bedroom. I will have some time off soon so will itching to get back into it. Dave, I will be shipping your bits out soon. Just have to print the nose cowl and they are all done. I am going to add some sample broken pieces in the box so you can sap them to check out the physical strength and make up of the 3D printed parts. Just so you don't thing some of the parts got broken in transit. Here is a pic of your instrument panel.

Keith
Dec 28, 2016, 10:08 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Kieth....thank you so much!
Dec 31, 2016, 11:52 AM
I would love to build and successfully a scale electric powered autogyro, but at age 78, I don't want to go through simple profile etc. designs and learn the lore involved. Too many conventional scale models to build and maintain. Congratulations to those of you who have succeeded in this niche of the hobby.
Last edited by E-Challenged; Jan 01, 2017 at 12:03 PM.
Dec 31, 2016, 09:32 PM
G'Day Keith
I copied and printed your dash......I'm sure that it will get used some time.
Chris...
Last edited by britinoz; Dec 31, 2016 at 09:47 PM.
Jan 01, 2017, 06:41 AM

Printed Dash

Thanks for letting me know Chris. That's awesome.
This is what 3D printing it's all about. Make it and share it. How did you go with the supplied gauge sheet. Did it fit the printed dash. I sized it using adobe photo shop but not sure how it prints if you just hit print the jpeg. May need to be re sized depending on what printer you are using.
What printer do you have Chris?. I am on my second printer now which is an Up Box. My first was an Up Plus. This has printed non stop for 4 years and never missed a beat. Sold it and believe it is still going. Time for a bigger platform so went for the Up Box. Love to see a pic of your dash.

Keith WA
Mar 25, 2017, 12:36 AM
The 1st Sofaman
Keith....I received all the goodies you sent. Thanks so much brother. That dash is incredible! Vegemite could kill a man...but thank you! Looking forward to laying out all the parts you sent.

Dave
Mar 25, 2017, 01:08 AM
Vegemite,,,,It's all in the way you spread it.
Chris...
Mar 25, 2017, 04:48 AM
Its OK Chris
I sent him instructions!
Dave! start slowly mate. Some people never get past the first level and that's OK.
I think you have to be raised on Vegemite to reach the third level.
Glad you got your bits mate and Thanks.