Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 08, 2016, 09:10 PM
Sorry to here about your back mate. My mate has just had back surgery last week and it has not gone so well for him. Hope the epidurals are giving you some relief.
Its good to here you are building a PCA-2 as I am making an extra cockpit for yourself. It will be designed to slip straight into the model. Have you built the tail sections yet?

Keith
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2016, 09:28 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Its up in the garage, need to pull it down and look at it. I was upset about something in the build and put it aside.....ended up in the garage. I will check tomorrow and get back to ya.

Thanks!

Dave
Dec 08, 2016, 09:30 PM
The 1st Sofaman
BTW....I could always start another! I got kits!!

If anyone needs a kit, let me know....
Dec 09, 2016, 12:34 AM
No worries Dave
The cockpit is just for you to use when ever you feel like continuing on with it. No stress Dave. I will just box it up and send it over when it is finished. I will print a set of tail parts for you anyway and put them in with the cockpit. You can just try it out and see what you think.
I plan to do the US Navy version and display it at our annual War Birds event close to Easter. You could get a lot of interest from Australia after that. I have updated the first post of this thread to take people to your website. I have also posted links on Thingyverse so the 3D printing community will also be following the progress. It has already been generating interest.
Up to version 3 of the instrument panel which is on the print bed as we speak.

Keith
Dec 09, 2016, 05:17 AM
The 1st Sofaman
The autogyro community is impressive and thrives on OZ. I appreciate the parts! nice having friends!

Dave
Dec 11, 2016, 05:01 AM

The Cockpit Dash Panel

Hi All
I will explain this in the order of the photos.
First we print the panel and give it a light sand. Then I sprayed it with automotive spray putty and sanded smooth. This gets rid of all the lines left by the 3D printing. Then it is sprayed with a coat of aluminium as seen. Let this dry hard. Once dry, we spray the dash matt black or a dark metallic. As soon as it has dried, we give it a light sand with 220 grit to give it a stressed look. Then cut your finger trying to catch a balsa stripper with a fresh scalpel blade in it. Actually don't do that. Spray contact adhesive to the back of the dash and stick it to some clear plastic sheet. You can get this everywhere. Start saving your clear packaging as it is great for this sort of stuff. Print out the graphics sheet I have made. If you open the graphics sheet in Adobe Photoshop and print it from here, you will have a perfect fitting set of gauges. If you do not have Adobe Photoshop, then just test print and adjust the sizing with your printer settings.Apply clear canopy glue to back and out side of the panel and carefully press it down onto the printed set of gauges. Don't apply too much glue as it will flood into the gauges and ruin all your hard work. Now all you have to do is add your knobs and buttons.

Finished

Keith
Dec 11, 2016, 11:04 AM
The 1st Sofaman
That looks so nice! Impressive work!

Dave
Dec 11, 2016, 06:26 PM
Now that is one fine looking dash.
Chris...
Dec 12, 2016, 05:34 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Clever stuff, I also like the dash. Would finish mine off

Rich
Dec 13, 2016, 04:22 AM
Nox Team - F3k Italy

Pca 2 nearly finished in Italy

Hi to all, I'm nearly completed this beautifull machine produced by Whirlybirdy Aviation.
Cheers from Italy
Carlo
Dec 13, 2016, 04:38 AM
G'Day Carlo
That is one fine looking model.....just a couple of hours work
Happy Landings
Chris...
Dec 13, 2016, 06:32 AM

Awesome work Carlo

Hi Carlo
Top job mate. I love that front manifold on the engine.
I had to run into my workshop as I thought my pilot had done a runner on me to a better plane but he was still there with that silly grin on his face.

Is there anyone else out there with pics to show. Don't be shy Lets See Them!!
Dec 13, 2016, 02:36 PM
The 1st Sofaman
OMG Carlo! That is a gorgeous paint scheme. You did your homework for this one.

Dave
Dec 13, 2016, 06:12 PM
Carlo, that is a really pretty flying machine!

Bryan
Dec 18, 2016, 01:05 AM
The 1st Sofaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmj
Hi Carlo
Top job mate. I love that front manifold on the engine.
I had to run into my workshop as I thought my pilot had done a runner on me to a better plane but he was still there with that silly grin on his face.

Is there anyone else out there with pics to show. Don't be shy Lets See Them!!
I just have old ones.....