Thread Tools
Dec 15, 2016, 01:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox
What did you have to do to see the ssid ? I've tried many devices including a full band iPhone 6 and it won't see the network I'd at all.
l am using an iphone 6 with the latest iOS installed.
Turn on the Insight Rx, wait for 30-40 seconds until both green led's are on, then search for networks
There should be a IN-xxxxx SSID showing up.
Connect with the default password and then run the URL provided by foxtech.
Alternatively try a Win7 PC.

Worked fine for me. Except the video feed quality...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2016, 05:07 AM
Registered User
I have the similar problem of not detecting the receiver's SSID by an ASUS Nexus 7 tablet. Even though I could manually add the SSID(detected by an iPhone6) to Nexus 7, but the Insight app was not showing any live feed at all.
Dec 15, 2016, 05:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgato8558
I have the similar problem of not detecting the receiver's SSID by an ASUS Nexus 7 tablet. Even though I could manually add the SSID(detected by an iPhone6) to Nexus 7, but the Insight app was not showing any live feed at all.
you cant see the SSID on your Android due to the reasons explained before. But you can change the wifi channel used by Insight with your iPhone along with the script foxtech will prvide you when you contact them as described before in this thread.
For non US customers, its a catch22 - you cant connect with Android, but the app to display the video feed only runs on Android...
Dec 15, 2016, 03:43 PM
Registered User
We are making progress.
I changed the setup with a different battery and now have a pretty good HD feed with a usable low latency. on my Nexus 7/2013.

Now it is just the Insight app which keeps crashing when I tap on the screen. I just tested on a OnePlus smartphone where the app works. So please verify with a Nexus tablet.

Carrie can you please provide insight into:
- what does Quick vs Stable mean in the insight app?
- How can I switch to full screen?
- How can I use the Tower app to connect to a Pixhawk and the video feed?

Thanks for getting back to us.
Last edited by schiwo1; Dec 15, 2016 at 04:07 PM.
Dec 15, 2016, 10:06 PM
Registered User
foxtechtech when will you have the app for iphone? also can you get an app like windows for Linux
Dec 17, 2016, 03:39 AM
Registered User
FOXTECH Carrie, I have replied to your PM with my receiver 's SSID info. would you send me the URL for the Insight Switch download
Dec 18, 2016, 04:07 AM
Thread OP
I will email your link on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgato8558
FOXTECH Carrie, I have replied to your PM with my receiver 's SSID info. would you send me the URL for the Insight Switch download
Dec 18, 2016, 04:10 AM
Thread OP
About two months later ,Apple app will be released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURDAUG
foxtechtech when will you have the app for iphone? also can you get an app like windows for Linux
Dec 18, 2016, 05:34 AM
foxtechtech's Avatar
Insight open box
Insight 5km video transmitter open box (2 min 55 sec)


I'll send the SSID link to you guys on Monday(12 hours later).
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
Dec 19, 2016, 09:17 PM
foxtechtech's Avatar
Do not try other guy's SSID link with your insight!!!! Every insight has its own link.
Send an email to me for your link: [email protected]
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
Dec 22, 2016, 07:25 AM
Registered User
@FOXTECHTECH, GLASSFOX, could you please get back to my questions I raised here earlier and as well as per mail to Carrie -

- When can I expect a running version of the Insight app on my Nexus7/2013? The app crashes immediately when I ap on the screen to enable fullscreen mode
- How can I embed the feed into Tower? I dont mean the Insight-Tower app, the one you provide is not on the latest release, and it crashes as well on a Nexus7/2013 tablet.
- How can I embed the feed into other video streaming apps, eg VLC player?

In addition, I am experiencing a high sensitivity of the system in regard to EMI noise. As soon s I place the systm into my copter the feed quality goes down. I assume the root cause is the un-shieded HDMI ribbon cable. What are your suggestions to make the system work reliably inside a drone?
Thanks for getting back.
Dec 22, 2016, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
--Is your Nexus updated to the newest version?
--we download a screen recording app on the phone to save video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwo1
@FOXTECHTECH, GLASSFOX, could you please get back to my questions I raised here earlier and as well as per mail to Carrie -

- When can I expect a running version of the Insight app on my Nexus7/2013? The app crashes immediately when I ap on the screen to enable fullscreen mode
- How can I embed the feed into Tower? I dont mean the Insight-Tower app, the one you provide is not on the latest release, and it crashes as well on a Nexus7/2013 tablet.
- How can I embed the feed into other video streaming apps, eg VLC player?

In addition, I am experiencing a high sensitivity of the system in regard to EMI noise. As soon s I place the systm into my copter the feed quality goes down. I assume the root cause is the un-shieded HDMI ribbon cable. What are your suggestions to make the system work reliably inside a drone?
Thanks for getting back.
Dec 23, 2016, 02:48 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox
--Is your Nexus updated to the newest version?
--we download a screen recording app on the phone to save video.
Thanks for getting back.
I am on the latest supported Android 6.0.1. version for my Nexus 7/2013. It is all factory default, no mods, not rooted.

What do you mean by a screen recording app download?
Dec 26, 2016, 08:09 AM
RC Addict
Raydee's Avatar
Can the receiver only be used wireless? Is there any way to connect the receiver right to a ground station using video out?
Dec 30, 2016, 02:48 PM
Registered User
buckker's Avatar
Hi Foxtech

Please check those posts:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=195

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=217


The system performs not that good as it should be...

INSIGHT 20161229153121 (5 min 32 sec)


INSIGHT 5G 2nd test flight Switzerland (3 min 13 sec)


Are there some improvements on the way?

Thanks

Cheers Michael


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools