Dec 10, 2016, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofox
hi foxtech,

recieved my insight unit today but i think the reciever is dead, cannot see the wifi output at all, the reciever has power and data led on constantly and no wifi output. can the reciver be flashed?
Similar problem here.
I cannot see the wifi network SSID of the Insight device on Android and Win10 devices.
However on Apple iOS and Win7 devices the Insight network is visible and I can connect.
What am I doing wrong?? I checked with 3 different Android devices and 2 different Wo10 computers, no success.
My 4 year old Win7 laptop and my brand new iPhones work..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2016, 05:38 AM
Ok a bit more insight:
The unit broadcasts on Wifi channel 165.
This channel is not legal outside US, China and Korea.
Android automatically hides this channel in non- compliant countries.
In addition, Google did not certify their Nexus devices to DFS (dynamic frequency selection) That is likely why the SSID is not showing up on a Nexus even when you are in a supporting country.
This means that this video transmitter apparently doesn't support Nexus devices!!

In order to get the transmitter to run on Nexus devices, as well as in Europe, we need to change the 5G wifi channel to a non DFS channel, eg 36, 40, 38

Now, the required app to change the 5G channel as described in the manual, "Insight-switch", is not available on the argusfpv download site.

Foxtech, please help.
Thank you.
Dec 11, 2016, 12:01 PM
The ssid is not showing up on my Samsung active tablet or Samsung phone.. Sigh
Dec 11, 2016, 12:03 PM
Foxtech can you help or not
Dec 12, 2016, 12:15 AM
hi, Ms/Mr.
I have PM you. Please check it out. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Quote:
hi foxtech,

recieved my insight unit today but i think the reciever is dead, cannot see the wifi output at all, the reciever has power and data led on constantly and no wifi output. can the reciver be flashed?
Latest blog entry: FOXTECH GAIA 120 Hexacopter
Dec 12, 2016, 12:29 AM
I have PM you Please check it out. Any further problem email me: [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwo1
Similar problem here.
I cannot see the wifi network SSID of the Insight device on Android and Win10 devices.
However on Apple iOS and Win7 devices the Insight network is visible and I can connect.
What am I doing wrong?? I checked with 3 different Android devices and 2 different Wo10 computers, no success.
My 4 year old Win7 laptop and my brand new iPhones work..
Dec 12, 2016, 03:59 AM
Foxtech I've checked my pm and there is no messages from you there?
Dec 12, 2016, 05:33 AM
wow...starting with problems? whough it was a nice tested unit
Dec 12, 2016, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtechtech
I have PM you Please check it out. Any further problem email me: [email protected]
I have not received a PM yet. I contacted you under the email address you provided.
Hope to get a solution soon to enable the Insight transmission system on my Android device here in Europe.
Thanks!
Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 AM
AutoPilot .
No HDMI outpout on RX and no WiFI working on EU , thats too bad i wanted to buy one
Dec 12, 2016, 09:20 PM
Email replied
Quote:
Foxtech I've checked my pm and there is no messages from you there?
Dec 12, 2016, 09:20 PM
Email replied
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwo1
I have not received a PM yet. I contacted you under the email address you provided.
Hope to get a solution soon to enable the Insight transmission system on my Android device here in Europe.
Thanks!
Dec 12, 2016, 09:46 PM
Since some Android cellphone modes are not full-band, it needs a little bit change in the setting. Please don't change it by yourself, contact me for detail instructions [email protected]
Dec 14, 2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks for sending the link.
Good news is that I can connect with my Nexus 7/2013 now.
But...
the video quality is unusable with a Gopro 4Black connected with the supplied HDMI ribbon cable.

Only with a resolution of 352x288 the feed is somehow smooth.
At 720x576 latency is above a second. Video is bricked. Not at all usable for flying.
1280x720 just delivers sporadic pictures.

I tested in an environment without any other wifi networks in range.

When I tap into the video window, the app crashes immediately.
Using the "quick" or "stable" button doesn't make any difference in quality.

Currently, I would consider the Insight system as a pre-alpha release.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Dec 14, 2016, 03:51 PM
What did you have to do to see the ssid ? I've tried many devices including a full band iPhone 6 and it won't see the network I'd at all.

Quick Reply