Dec 06, 2016, 03:53 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
Contest

The 8th Annual John Erickson Memorial DLG contest

The 8th Annual John Erickson Memorial DLG contest - - Sponsored proudly by MKS Servos, USA.

8 years ago a bunch of friends decided it was important to remember a great guy that left our hobby far too soon. Every January since then we have gathered in the spirit of comradery and competition in honor of our true friend, John Erickson. It is my pleasure to invite you all to join us again this year.

Final approval has been given, so it's time to make arrangements for where you are going to stay.

DATE: TBD - Postponed due to weather

Final Approved Location: SCAMPS RC Field - Perris, CA

Map link http://goo.gl/maps/zVUJR

GPS co-ordinates for the contest site: 33.781617, -117.197846

Directions - From the 215 fwy exit on 4th St. (which turns into Redlands) and go north to the first intersection which is San Jacinto. Go right(east) about 1/2 mile and turn right on the dirt road on the east side of the wash (yes, the dry stream bed). The field is marked by a pile of rubber tires. It's nicer than it sounds!

Entry Fee : $55 will include lunch both days. Last date for entry is January 17th. Sign up at F3X Vault- link below

Pilots meeting - 8:45 am Sat. and Sun

Tasks List - TBD

Flyoff for top 10 pilots at conclusion of preliminaries.

Awards ; Open -1st thru 10th + Blue Ball Award , Sportsman -1st thru 3rd

Event Registration

We will be using F3X Vault for registration again this year. The registration page is here:

http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=even...w&event_id=863

Entry payment: Log in and click on the "Update Your Registration Info" link to reach the page with the PayPal button.

I overnight camping on site will be allowed on Friday and Saturday night.

Many folks are responsible for presenting this contest, it is truly a team effort done out of love and respect for John. Special thanks to MKS Servos for continuing to sponsor and support this event.

Lex
Last edited by dlgdude; Jan 18, 2017 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Announce postponement
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2016, 03:59 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
I took the liberty to sign up Amardeep as the first registered pilot since he's bringing back the Blue Ball....
Dec 06, 2016, 09:42 PM
Charles Martin
Signed up - now to find a battery-powered battery warmer for the 1S Lipos ...

Last edited by BavarianCharles; Dec 06, 2016 at 09:57 PM.
Dec 06, 2016, 09:56 PM
MQ-5B Driver
Wish I could, Lex.. I'll be a little far away to make this one.. Heh.
Dec 06, 2016, 11:40 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Already have an injury to assist my final standing. Stealing one from the pros this time....
Dec 06, 2016, 11:57 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Old guy, just signed up....

go easy on me youngins!

Looking forward to this Lex, thank you.

Mike
Dec 07, 2016, 02:30 AM
King Of The Night

It's time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgdude
I took the liberty to sign up Amardeep as the first registered pilot since he's bringing back the Blue Ball....

Thank you Sir !

Looking forward to meeting everyone again (and hopefully making the flyoffs this time !)

Dec 07, 2016, 07:55 AM
Retirement is good
Hey Lex, thanks for doing this. i'm in and signed up as team Old Folks but gotta be 75 or plus to join, (LOL)

Looking forward to a great time once again!

Dick
Dec 07, 2016, 04:01 PM
Signed up!!
Dec 07, 2016, 04:30 PM
Just signed up.
Dec 08, 2016, 11:47 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
I really hope this contest brings some of the old gang pilots out of the woodwork. Get the season off to a good start.
Dec 09, 2016, 02:48 AM
Throw it like you hate it
My attendance is about as probable as finding organic mustard greens in a hipster's studio apartment in San Fran...that's some pretty good odds.

Paul
Dec 09, 2016, 07:40 PM
Come out swinging
That sounds pretty good. I should be there as well.

Sean
Dec 09, 2016, 09:46 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
Hey Lemon! Sounds like the woodwork is starting to empty....
Dec 10, 2016, 12:52 AM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
Hey all you SoCal folks... in case you need to dust off your F3K-fu to get ready for this event, we're having an end-of-year contest at ElDo on the Dec 17th. The more the merrier...

Just sayin'.

Quick Reply