Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Eachine TX02 Super Mini AIO 5.8G 40CH 200mW VTX and Camera

It's small, it's powerful and it's not expensive. Looking for an FPV camera to mount on any plane or drone? This is it.

Splash

The Eachine TX02 - A Small FPV Cam That Rocks

If you have read any of my other reviews you probably know I have an FPV fixation. It's currently my favorite form for RC. With that said I'm always on the hunt for better gear. I was contacted by Eachine. They have sent me some other great priced RC units and wanted me to check out their new micro FPV cam and video transmitter the TX02. This little thing would fit on my Tiny Whoop...its that small. The real kicker here is that it is 200 mw! Now for the price - $17.99...WHAT?! I actually rechecked the web page to verify that I was looking at the right one. The big question is can it deliver?

The Eachine TX02 - A Small FPV Cam That Rocks - RCGroups.com (7 min 57 sec)

Specs

• Brand name: Eachine
  • Item name: TX02 AIO FPV VTX Camera
  • Output power: 200mW
  • Weight: 958119095811904.57g
  • Input power: 3.3-5V
  • Current consumption: 3.3-5V, 500mA (type)
  • Camera resolution: 600TVL
  • Video system: NTSC
  • Mini illumination: 1 lux
  • Field of view: 120 degree viewing angle
  • Antenna dimensions: 22x29mm diameter
  • Antenna: 4 lobe right hand circular polarized
  • Frequency: 5.8GHz 5 bands 40 channel
  • Size: 20x13x6mm
  • Price: $17.99

Features

• Super mini size and light weight
  • Power failure memory, remember the frequency channel after powering off
  • Nickel-plated 4 Leaf Antenna
  • Five bands 40 channels with Raceband, show on LED Digital Display

Package Includes
  • 1 X TX02 AIO FPV Camera (with cable)

• 1 X Cable
  • 1 X User Manual
  • SMALL

This thing is super small. You could literally put it on anything. The only hitch in that get-a-long is that it requires a 1 cell lipo. Now you could piggy back off another pack as long as you are in the in the 3.3 to 5 volt range, but you might dirty up your signal. Then again you might not, so give it a try.

Flight Test Plane

I used the Micro Skyhunter from Eachine. While this is a small RC platform it seemed big for this tiny TX02. You can check out our full review on this unit here. I will say my personal experience was that it's easy to build (read fast) and my 3 cell 1500 quadcopter batteries worked great in it.

I took it out on a pretty windy December day. It was not the kind of wind I would expect the Micro Skyhunter to actually fly in but I'm happy to say it took the wind fine and I was really surprised at how well it flew in general. I gave it full throws and added in some expo. I was able to successfully throw it while in the goggles and get a good flight. Talk about a backseat RC plane, this is it!!

Mounting

This camera combo is so small you could hot glue it to just about anything. I cut a notch in the hatch of the Micro Skyhunter and used two tiny zip ties to keep it on. It was a simple, cheap and light way to go. I used a one cell pack to power the camera for simplicities sake.

How Did It Do?

I fly a 30 acre field. I don't do long distance FPV flights for multiple reasons. Since I'm usually at the same place I know the limitations of most of my gear. I know that when I get beyond our field and over the soccer fields my 5.8 gear will start to fade out. That is usually my big test - how far can I get out before I loose signal.

I mounted this tiny camera/video tx on the Micro Skyhunter and made my launch. I flew out in front of me and then flew down the backside of our airfield. Then I went where I usually loose signal. I was pretty happy to find that I didn't have a glitch. When I got out farther than usual there was a touch of static but I know I could have flown farther. I flew behind us and up the far side of the field. The unit provided what I think is some of the best 5.8 video that I have personally ever had. That is a fact.

Verdict

I'm sold on many things on this unit. The size means I can put this anywhere on anything. The 200 mw means that it will have enough power to do what I need without bleeding on to other FPV pilot's channels. It's a 600 TVL so while it's not the greatest image out there it is in the average and does what most of us need. The FOV is 120. Some people don't like a field of view that wide but I do. That works for me. Finally we have the price. It's so affordable you could by three or four. This would be a great multi camera unit for a slightly larger plane.

My verdict is this camera is a great deal that does a lot. I'm also now a fan of the Micro Skyhunter. Now I'm on the hunt for a micro OSD to add to this!

Learn More

Go to the Eachine site to learn more about this unit and purchase it.

Old Dec 07, 2016, 04:42 PM
    Find More Posts by Brquad

Have to agree, it's a great combo.

I've been flying one of these on my Tiny Qx90. Can not be beaten for the price. The quality is good and the signal is clean. Weight is awesome and having 200mW is perfect. If you're thinking about it, just buy it. I paid $25 for mine and totally worth it.

I was told that it might greatly affect flight time on the QX90, only slightly less flight time. Maybe 15-20 seconds less than a 25mW.
    Old Dec 07, 2016, 09:21 PM
    Find More Posts by Sammy70
    PSALM 14:1
    That's the camera/Vtx I use on my Skyhunter as well.

I just power it off of an unused channel on my Spektrum Rx and it works great with no need for an extra 1s onboard.

EDIT-- I'm actually using the MC02 (200mw), not the TX02
    Old Dec 08, 2016, 04:53 PM
    Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
    DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
    I have been bashing the snot out of mine, I am curious if they offer a dipole version?
    My lobes are wrecked and need to solder back together
    RCG Plus Member
    Latest blog entry: 68% Pitts Challenger SMASHED
    Old Dec 15, 2016, 07:59 AM
    Find More Posts by BieneFlyer
    What's the difference between this and the Eachine MC02 ?
    Old Dec 18, 2016, 05:31 PM
    Find More Posts by Buster1000
    Do you guys believe this camera/transmitter would significantly reduce flight time of a quad that uses a 1s 500mah Lipo?
    Old Dec 19, 2016, 04:01 AM
    Find More Posts by Aaron qin
    New verison will be coming soon. 4 in 1 (antenna ,tx,camera,dvr ) Could you please help to review it ?
    Site Sponsor
    Old Dec 19, 2016, 08:57 AM
    Find More Posts by Ssayer
    Oldie, not Moldie
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
    New verison will be coming soon. 4 in 1 (antenna ,tx,camera,dvr ) Could you please help to review it ?
    Wow, is there a link to it yet? Just keeps getting better and better, I've got to get one of these!
    Old Dec 20, 2016, 12:20 PM
    Find More Posts by notnewton
    Quote:
    Aaron, I'd live to try one.
    Old Dec 20, 2016, 09:05 PM
    Find More Posts by MarkDeLo
    ɹǝʎlℲ ΛԀℲ
    Quote:
    Can do here as well.
    Old Dec 20, 2016, 09:19 PM
    Find More Posts by xanuser
    Regurgitation Utensil.
    Quote:
    Whoa! Talk about a game changer!
    Love to review it !

(but i know ill buy either way...)
    Old Dec 21, 2016, 02:47 AM
    Find More Posts by HyperionRocks
    Selling at or below manufacturing cost is a sustainable business model...
    Site Sponsor
    Last edited by HyperionRocks; Dec 21, 2016 at 08:35 AM.
    Old Dec 21, 2016, 06:41 AM
    Regurgitation Utensil.
    whining about business models online.... yep, that'll sure solve all your issues with the world.
    Old Dec 21, 2016, 08:34 AM
    Find More Posts by HyperionRocks
    I think you're wrong. I think this represents a broader issue of the current-day.

Nowhere in economics and in the real-world does this benefit anyone. All it does is start a unnecessary price-war.
    Site Sponsor
    Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:39 AM
    Regurgitation Utensil.
    Ok. got it.
    thanks.